• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

43 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So been told today by the mint that they can't honour my replacement piedfort as they have none left in stock. I came so close to owning the last proof coin with Queen Elizabeth II on it that I feel pretty gutted it slipped through my fingers. I have a perfect sotd though so that's my own momento that I'll keep for the long term, hopefully forever. Congrats to all you lucky devils that managed to get them at original RRP. I'm sure they'll be one of the highly collectible coins in years to come. Onto the next one.

This was always sadly going to to be the case it's just too easy to sweep any outstanding issues under the QEII carpet. 

44 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Crawley Coins might still have some Piedfort coins ??

Possibly... With the luck I've had with proofs though I think I'll pass for now though. I like to get proofs through the mint as you have a return option which with other retailers you don't necessarily get. I'd rather chance my luck with the mint on those types of coins than with others just for that. 

1 hour ago, Mtaybar said:

Possibly... With the luck I've had with proofs though I think I'll pass for now though. I like to get proofs through the mint as you have a return option which with other retailers you don't necessarily get. I'd rather chance my luck with the mint on those types of coins than with others just for that. 

Understood, but I have never gotten a bad coin from a dealer.  And, I purchase most of my coins from the dealers.  I purchased the piedfort Sovereign from Crawley Coins, and it was just fine.

I finally got my 5 Sovereign piece yesterday.  Awesome coin - a real winner!  Glad I bought this.  It's a large coin.  Now I can't wait for the next Sovereign to be released next month.  This year, I will do the subscription thing (if the RM still offers it) where it will be sent every year.  Best way to circumvent the queues!