• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

There's a couple of sneaky sellers selling 2022 bullion sovereigns in the fancy ex-proof red wood boxes, with a £100+ mark up on top for the box

Must be ex-Westminster Mint & Harrington & Bryne staff cashing in on what they've learnt whilst employed 

18 hours ago, James32 said:

100% agreed. I just prefer bullion, everytime I held a proof recently, it's almost like I went looking for problems due to past experience/chatter on here..too much hassle. 

There is and will be plenty of stunning upcoming bullion coins moving forward,and that will do me.

I’m also amazed that people are getting bullion coins graded, then adding £150/£250 to the price..?! Seriously 😂

sorry for the rather daft question for the variant designs on modern sovereigns ?

1989 500 years, 2002 jubilee, 2017 200 years, 2022 platinum jubilee 

What was the reason for the 2005 variant design ?? did the mint just feel like a change ??

2 hours ago, Colnago said:

Now that’s what I call a bargain 🧐 

Willing to let my 2oz PF70, 5 & 10oz go for £15,000 🤠 

Can’t Say fairer than that 🕺

556A76DC-1D3F-42D0-8FF3-94E8353923B1.png

Does this seller actually accept 'best offers' do you think, or are they expecting the opening price?

Tempting to offer them £40 and see if it's auto rejected? 😁

1 hour ago, Paul said:

sorry for the rather daft question for the variant designs on modern sovereigns ?

1989 500 years, 2002 jubilee, 2017 200 years, 2022 platinum jubilee 

What was the reason for the 2005 variant design ?? did the mint just feel like a change ??

The only explanation I have ever found is that the Royal Mint decided they were going to change the design on the reverse of the sovereign every year, like they were doing with the Britannia at the time, but they changed their mind after one year and reverted back to the standard design the following year. 

17 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

The only explanation I have ever found is that the Royal Mint decided they were going to change the design on the reverse of the sovereign every year, like they were doing with the Britannia at the time, but they changed their mind after one year and reverted back to the standard design the following year. 

Thanks for the input. Can't believe it just crossed my mind 10+ years into my stacking journey 

2 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

I have 25 2022 sovs…. I would except £999

Well saying you excluded saying "each"

I'm happy to take this package deal of 25 sovs for £999 thanks.

Will pay as soon as I perform a magnet test😃

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

I have 25 2022 sovs…. I would except £999 EACH and willing to deliver to you personally if purchasing 5 or more. On arrival I will rap/sing for your amusement/pleasure. 😂

Would you sing/rap for my amusement first, seeing as you have lower feedback and I'm not sure how good youd be?

19 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

I have 25 2022 sovs…. I would except £999 EACH and willing to deliver to you personally if purchasing 5 or more. On arrival I will rap/sing for your amusement/pleasure. 😂

What a deal!  Do you deliver to the U.S.?  Heck, you can keep the Sovereigns and just sing a little ditty for me!