• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Luckily I bought mine a few days ago but I wouldn't feel bad buying one now. It'll be one of those things that you'll remember where you were and what you were doing moments when every time you look at it. 

Agreed, and thankfully she made it to this years jubilee so we could have another special year sovereign 👍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Just now, UAL787 said:

I was looking at bullion half's today as well, the price from some dealers has now jumped to £217 from £197 and out of stock at some dealers now.

I

I got mine from Atkinsons. I assume they still have some but who knows

1 minute ago, UAL787 said:

I was looking at bullion half's today as well, the price from some dealers has now jumped to £217 from £197 and out of stock at some dealers now.

I

Yeah demand for these will be higher now to mark the occasion.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

If it wasn't you it would be someone else 

Yeah I guess so, least it didn't go to a flipper, this will stay in my collection and get passed down to my kids in due course.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

If it wasn't you it would be someone else 

I would say let it be someone else.

Sometimes (?) morals and a good heart are the only thing that counts, imvho.

'Do you remember when Queen Elizabeth passed away, Daddy?'

'Oh but of course! I was busy buying as many coins as I could for hopefully maximum profit! I also did post RIP QEII btw'.

Shocking, shame on some of you.

8 minutes ago, kimchi said:

'Oh but of course! I was busy buying as many coins as I could for hopefully maximum profit! I also did post RIP QEII btw'.

The person here who has openly never flipped, helped other and assisted 100s of other with good advice and guidance,never being greedy in any of my sale ever,suddenly I'm public enemy number one furthering my collection on two items I openly was serious about buying to keep but chose to keep out of debt.

If that makes me shameful to buy them today, so be it . Jeez. Some people . . . . 

12 minutes ago, kimchi said:

At the same time as I'm sure the Royal Mint today is designing QEII memorial and King Charles ascension coins (if not already designed).

1 minute ago, Paul said:

The person here who has openly never flipped, helped other and assisted 100s of other with good advice and guidance,never being greedy in any of my sale ever,suddenly I'm public enemy number one furthering my collection on two items I openly was serious about buying to keep but chose to keep out of debt.

If that makes me shameful to buy them today, so be it . Jeez. Some people . . . . 

No shame mate. Did you say you were flipping them either? I bet the dealers are still flipping though. Some dealers have stopped there online sales.... I bet to adjust pricing. 

On 08/09/2022 at 20:15, Paul said:

<edit> I certainly didn't mean you Paul! Sorry for not being clear (and apologies again for what was originally posted).

:)

Edited by kimchi

1 minute ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Received my piedfort today of all days, RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

Agreed, RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

A question:  Must UK coins issued after today have the portrait of Charles on the obverse?  If so, can this initially slow down the releases?

Also, what about coins issued by the Commonwealth?

Edited by JeffM