• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

I hope this is not the real picture of the upcoming coin, with differences vs the Piedfort Pattern Sovereign coming with the 5 coin set (mintage 70) (such as reeded edge instead of plain edge...) ...it would be really disappointing if the Pattern scarcity is diluted

Edited by Frenchie

2 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I hope this not the real picture of the coming coin, with differences vs the Piedfort Pattern Sovereign coming with the 5 coin set (mintage 70) (such as reeded edge instead of plain edge...) ...it would be really disapointing if the Pattern scarcity is diluted

i dont think it will be plain edge, previous piedfort years have been a milled edge Lionel 

11 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I hope this not the real picture of the coming coin, with differences vs the Piedfort Pattern Sovereign coming with the 5 coin set (mintage 70) (such as reeded edge instead of plain edge...) ...it would be really disapointing if the Pattern scarcity is diluted

I’m sure it will be milled edge as there’s a proclamation in the Gazette for the milled edge piedfort Sovereign.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4016568

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · DEI · GRA · REGINA · FID · DEF ·” and for the reverse a depiction of Our Royal Coat of Arms and the date of the year.

The coin shall have a grained edge’.

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

I hope this is not the real picture of the upcoming coin, with differences vs the Piedfort Pattern Sovereign coming with the 5 coin set (mintage 70) (such as reeded edge instead of plain edge...) ...it would be really disappointing if the Pattern scarcity is diluted

Was the pattern set matte or regular proof?

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So what do you think the RM will try and sell this for £1150-£1200? 

With a mintage of 3,500 this is not going to be a rare coin for an outlay of about £1,200 - I think the 2022 bullion double sovereign for about £750 is better value and you can see the design more clearly!

10 hours ago, Paul said:

Don't give them ideas !!!!

they'll issue a 1/70 gold sponsored by Specsavers with a free eye test to view it properly 

There are already numerous half gram coins, so it's getting close, althought they are mainly from TDC, and many other plcase nobody has ever been to.

But you should keep ideas like this quiet.

Next thing you know Hattons, LMO, CPM, H&B, Rosland, Westminster and others (my apologies to those I have missed out), will have a range of "world's first / smallest gold /platinum / silver / brass / sovereigns".

That will be followed by newbies saying "I have been offered a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be one of only the first million people anywhere in the world, to own..." the "world's first / smallest gold /platinum / silver / brass / sovereigns". It weighs only 1/70th of a gram, and can by mine today for only £07.70, plus a further 70 payments, each of just £07.70; plus FREE POSTAGE. It comes with 70 hours return privilege should I decide not to keep it. AND, as a special bonus, I will be eligible to receive the next 70 coins in the series, on approval, under absolutely no obligation...

(That's enough, you get the idea.)

This is my first experience of investing in precious metal, do you think these will be a fantastic investment for the future?

Will these be the next best thing after Bitcoin?

I need your advice quickly, as the offer closes in the next 7 days.

😎

Chards

• 1 month later...

Really glad to see this, the future's looking very bright now imo for the more limited 2018 Sapphire Coronation Privy (anyone know the final mintage?).

The even less popular at the time 2019 could be a very dark horse indeed...

23 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Available Thursday 25 August 2022.

208E898C-D477-43C4-9F9F-A02B26AB4483.thumb.jpeg.eb6d08b1f4b928988767002e583e2cd1.jpeg

Awesome.

750 mintage for the 5 sov BU and good thing it looks very different from the 5sov proof. 

GBP1185 RRP for the (serrated) piedfort, right? The mintage does seem rather high imo. 🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

Awesome.

750 mintage for the 5 sov BU and good thing it looks very different from the 5sov proof. 

GBP1185 RRP for the (serrated) piedfort, right? The mintage does seem rather high imo. 🤔

The £5 BU is a matte finish, so yes, different from the regular proof.

I don’t know about mintages of these though.