• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

1 minute ago, Stuntman said:

@Spanishsilver - is that the quintuple, or the piedfort?

@Goldfever20 - I would say that your coin is better than that one as well.

I suppose the future is bullion!

Quintuple. Just that one mark the rest of the coin looks great. But it’s going back 

1 minute ago, Stuntman said:

It is SUCH a shame.

I feel 'lucky' regarding my own coin, whereas I should just be feeling 'normal' when spending £2635 on something beautiful.

Come on people shouldn't expect a good coin for £2635,they can't even be ****ed to check the lower mintage coins for defects.

6 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

It is SUCH a shame.

I feel 'lucky' regarding my own coin, whereas I should just be feeling 'normal' when spending £2635 on something beautiful.

Ouch!! that’s some premium. I didn’t know the price and haven’t looked.

You’d think RM would improve their quality control but sadly I think we’ll still be having this conversation this time next year and possibly the year after.

Thankfully from my point of view, I don't see myself wanting to buy any more Brilliant Uncirculated gold coins from the Royal Mint and I'm not one for collecting precious metal proof coins either.

So (if I buy any more PM coins at all now) it is bullion all the way for me.

I assume that that mark underneath the Queen's neck is not actually on the coin?

If so, the Obverse looks OK to me.

The Reverse also looks OK to me, apart from that single spot.

So it depends how much that spot annoys you.  It's a really tough call and probably depends on how much you might regret not owning an example of this coin, especially if being its first custodian is important to you.

Otherwise perhaps return it and pick one up on the secondary market at some point in the future if you still want one.

15 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

I assume that that mark underneath the Queen's neck is not actually on the coin?

If so, the Obverse looks OK to me.

The Reverse also looks OK to me, apart from that single spot.

So it depends how much that spot annoys you.  It's a really tough call and probably depends on how much you might regret not owning an example of this coin, especially if being its first custodian is important to you.

Otherwise perhaps return it and pick one up on the secondary market at some point in the future if you still want one.

Like you said the Observe is OK.

That spot on the Reverse is only noticeable to the naked at a certain angle. It's not that annoying today 😊 here is another photo.

20220902_175506.jpg

3 minutes ago, Goldfever20 said:

Like you said the Observe is OK.

That spot on the Reverse is only noticeable to the naked at a certain angle. It's not that annoying today 😊 here is another photo.

20220902_175506.jpg

If it was me, I’d sleep on it (not literally). 😆

Take the weekend, look again tomorrow and Sunday in different light and I think you’ll come to a decision.

On 02/09/2022 at 12:01, Foster88 said:

If it was me, I’d sleep on it (not literally). 😆

Take the weekend, look again tomorrow and Sunday in different light and I think you’ll come to a decision.

I would sleep on it literally.  Couldn’t hurt!

20 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

@Goldfever20 - I don't know how old you are, so you might need to google this person, but if you do keep your coin, think of it as 'Cindy Crawford'.  That is, utterly beautiful and with a small idiosyncratic feature that adds to the character.

@Stuntman I love your comparison. Yes, I agree they are both equally beautiful. You know what, last night I have decided that I am going to keep the coin, pity I can't keep Cindy 😊 Thank you Sir.

20220902_202843.jpg

20220904_093301.jpg

15 hours ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=2022+Piedfort+gold&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=2022+sovereign+gold&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

The first flips of the 2022 piedfort have begun - when you less the 10%+ fees/commisions all have lost money on the RRP  

They may have had the 80% off listing fees offer on when they listed them? - not sure how much difference it would have made though... still not a lot in it I'd imagine? 🤔

On 06/09/2022 at 02:48, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=2022+Piedfort+gold&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=2022+sovereign+gold&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

The first flips of the 2022 piedfort have begun - when you less the 10%+ fees/commisions all have lost money on the RRP  

Perhaps these sellers got them at a “dealer rate” from the RM?

On 05/09/2022 at 17:48, Paul said:

All the piedforts are long-term keepers imo, except the 2017 which already did well for a few years after release (no idea about recently though).

They are a massive anomaly in the modern Sovereign range, with particularly 2019 (no sell-out) fairly low mintages. There will be very few excuses to release many more, as they didn't take off as a yearly thing.

I hold these with great confidence :) That said, I didn't bother with the 2022 myself at the new, much higher, price.

Edited by kimchi

1 hour ago, Paul said:

https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/2022/

Five pounds back in stock/available again if anyone missed out on release day and wants to chance their arm its not a returned coin 

I’ve rejected a good few of these!  🤣 good bet they are some of my castoffs ! 

9 hours ago, kimchi said:

All the piedforts are long-term keepers imo, except the 2017 which already did well for a few years after release (no idea about recently though).

They are a massive anomaly in the modern Sovereign range, with particularly 2019 (no sell-out) fairly low mintages. There will be very few excuses to release many more, as they didn't take off as a yearly thing.

I hold these with great confidence :) That said, I didn't bother with the 2022 myself at the new, much higher, price.

I would like me a 2019 if only because it’s a special year for me. 😀