• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 13,000+ forum members.

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

I'm still completely with @SidS in the fact that I don't want to own the piedfort proof sovereign, however lovely some people think it is, and I had absolutely no desire to rush out and buy one either before or after the Queen's passing.

But @GoldDiggerDave is spot on - all these 2022 proof sovs of various sizes and thicknesses will do very well.  Well done for getting so many, that's a very smart thing to do.

I'm don't collect the proofs personally and I'm happy with my bullion and BU quintuple as long term holds for pleasure.

Sorry I’m pretty new to buying sovereigns so I’ve purchased a few 2022 sovereigns recently my question is it worth grading them ? 
I’ve got the proof sovereign graded which has come back grade 70 but thinking of grading a few bullion sovereigns. 
thanks 

39 minutes ago, Paul said:

May be an image of money and text that says "2022 G.Britain 5SOV MS 70 MATTE NUMISMATIC GUARANTY CORPORATION JONGC® 2022 AG FOrE"

first one ive seen graded @GoldDiggerDave, spotted on bookertyface - i knows its a x1.5 piedfort but the £5 Bu 2022 doesnt have its own thread to post the photo in 

first of many / (few) ??

nice to see its classed as matt on label 

Just an epic piece of gold. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

May be an image of money and text that says "2022 G.Britain 5SOV MS 70 MATTE NUMISMATIC GUARANTY CORPORATION JONGC® 2022 AG FOrE"

first one ive seen graded @GoldDiggerDave, spotted on bookertyface - i knows its a x1.5 piedfort but the £5 Bu 2022 doesnt have its own thread to post the photo in 

first of many / (few) ??

That coin looks huge and also has iridescence. 😍 

5 hours ago, Paul said:

first of many / (few) ??

That was insanely fast......  I'd like to have the option to select the type of slab, I much prefer the air view capsules but they won't offer this yet.  

Please follow my dealership sub form for NGC grading, coin conservation, sales and helpful videos coming soon👍

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/148-golddiggerdave-uk/

Thank you for all your support.  

9 hours ago, Alz111 said:

Sorry I’m pretty new to buying sovereigns so I’ve purchased a few 2022 sovereigns recently my question is it worth grading them ? 
I’ve got the proof sovereign graded which has come back grade 70 but thinking of grading a few bullion sovereigns. 
thanks 

If you want any grading then I'm your man,  as for the rest you need to ask yourself why you want them grading as people have different reasons, if its purely to add value then you need to do the research into the numismatic value of your bullion sovereigns, if you have 1838 sovereign for examples then it's a no brainer.  People do have other reasons some want a complete date run, sometimes people have sentimental reasons.  

BTW folks my next unboxing video will be epic!  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

Please follow my dealership sub form for NGC grading, coin conservation, sales and helpful videos coming soon👍

Is anyone waiting on orders for the £5 gold BU matt 2022 platinum jubilee from the Royal Mint ????

Ordered two on the same day within on the 8th Sept and have received one, and other is still stuck in my "open orders"  

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Is anyone waiting on orders for the £5 gold BU matt 2022 platinum jubilee from the Royal Mint ????

Ordered two on the same day within on the 8th Sept and have received one, and other is still stuck in my "open orders"  

Think @Darr3nG was refused his order due to overselling. 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

I sent my scratched one back and got a great looking replacement on Wednesday this week it’s already been sent out for grading 🤞🏻

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Think @Darr3nG was refused his order due to overselling. 

that doesn't sound very good i must have missed that comment - it is still sat in my open orders hasn't disappeared and it generated my 

"Thank you for your order - E-XXXXXX"

RM Email for each purchase on the day 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

that doesn't sound very good i must have missed that comment - it is still sat in my open orders hasn't disappeared and it generated my 

"Thank you for your order - E-XXXXXX"

RM Email for each purchase on the day 

Call them...

I had the thank-you email too, but it just dissappeared out of my open orders.

Emailed them and got some BS excuse that they had oversold!

Seriously, call them... to confirm.

On 23/09/2022 at 18:27, Spanishsilver said:

My old one had a coa of 405 just Incase anyone gets it sent as a replacement 

My duplicate order one (which I returned for a refund) had COA 403.  It wasn't perfect, but it was probably acceptable and nowhere near as bad as yours looked.

I'm pleased you've got an excellent replacement coin.

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

I'm going to hoover them up ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  I've submitted 1% of all Piedfort 2022 sovereigns !!

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

Lol - literally just posted this at the same time as @Mtaybar in the Deals page.  I decided I would rather pick up the doubles, if my coin has twice the gold I want it to look like it has :) 

How much does a double proof go for? 

The last proof sovereign ever minted of QEII reign whats not to like!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Leave some for me...

Join the queue!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm taking orders!

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

The last proof sovereign ever minted of QEII reign whats not to like!!!!!!!!!

These will become a key coin in time I'm sure mucker. Just a pity a poor man like me can only afford one... At a stretch !