• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone else addicted to buying gold?

2 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

I bought my first two sovereigns last month. I thought that'd do for now and I'd maybe add one or two more over the next few years. Nope. I'm at it again already and bought another two sovs this month. I'm feeling a bit gold feverish

Bad boy, you should be in stocks and bond! Enjoy and congrats on your fever

starts with eating two meals a week ends with selling "one" of your livers 👍

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

7 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

starts with eating two meals a week ends with selling "one" of your livers 👍

I've been paying close attention to the kidney to silver ratio recently and I feel like it's almost time to play the ratio and make a trade 

6 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Bullion sovereigns are the gateway drug to the harder stuff, once you've tasted a proof sovereign the Royal Mint then own your soul 😜

The next level is 999.9 fine gold and the devil owns your soul (666)

Glad I'm not alone. I watched 'From Russia With Love' last month for the umpteenth time and something stuck in my head when I saw Bond and his case full of sovereigns. The following day I was in Costco and yup, they had a couple of sovs in. Not for for long lol. I bought both. Now I've got gold fever. :D

I like the look of 1oz Britannias but they're a bit rich for me at £1500 a pop. Loving the sovereigns though, and a lot more affordable.

I'm not quite on beans on toast yet but if I needed the extra few quid at the end of the month for another sov I'd probably consider it :D

Edited by GoldDabbler

5 hours ago, Goldfever20 said:

Once you started it's very hard to resist adding to your stack.

A very appropriate name! Unfortunately there's a new variant about called RM/Covid22 - a highly contagious and transmissible disease. Most members of TSF have it!☢️

20 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

I've already done it. I kept thinking how many sovereigns Goldfinger's gold car would make :D I'm now in the 'Getting the Mrs to watch any film with Gold in it' phase. There's no hope now. :D

I can recommend the Italian Job (original version naturally) Doesn't have gold in the title so doesn't immediately look like your trying to sway her mind. :D

Only recently got into PM but i'm really enjoying stacking sovereigns and then letting the history geek in me come out and research as much as possible about my new additions and pretty sure I will stay long on gold and may even increase my portfolio allocation in the future depending on how things go.