• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is your most prized piece of silver?

Hendo

What is everyone’s most prized piece of silver? Like no amount of money offered would be enough to part with it? 

I'm just curious. 

Send pictures of it as-well if you wish 👍🏻

It's really hard to answer this question. 💥

I have lots of silver ingots and coins which I really like so much and I do not think I will ever sell those 💘, I will be leaving them to my heirs (after leaving a note why those silver ingots and coins are so special).

Every special silver ingot or coin I collected has a story behind it.

Every stag/birthday weekend I have been on in the last 25 years I have managed to escape for a couple of hours on a hunt. There is nothing special about any of them but all marked up on capsule of where and who's event it was. These would be the last things I sell and my favourite place so far to go looking is probably Lisbon, Portugal.

Love that intricate design and all the Egyptian symbols.  Was it minted for any special event?

For my collection I’d have to vote for my great engravers set.  I may have it thrown in the box with me when I go.  Since I’m from the US I have plenty of beautiful coins from our mint, but the William Wyon designs are something special 

3 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

Love that intricate design and all the Egyptian symbols.  Was it minted for any special event?

For my collection I’d have to vote for my great engravers set.  I may have it thrown in the box with me when I go.  Since I’m from the US I have plenty of beautiful coins from our mint, but the William Wyon designs are something special 

No, just one of many art pieces you can find on PowerCoin, i can spend hours on there and hide my trigger finger every time i look haha

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

The only coin I think I'd struggle to let go of is my first ever silver Canadian Voyageur Dollar. The Voyageur Dollar was the first coin I ever loved upon setting eyes on it. I was a child and once I was old enough to start getting into the hobby it was among the first coins I purchased. It doesn't have much value - £11 or £12 with current silver prices - and at this point I have dozens of them but that first silver one is just special. If life pans out the way I've imagined it'll probably be the only bit of silver I have left when my time is up.

2 hours ago, Gordy said:

Probably this... but if i was offered a good price it would go... that's what the game is about as I don't go in for anything old apart from Gillicks... they are my fav Sov but I'd still sell them if the price was right

Egyptian Calender 4.jpg

That's what I call a beautiful coin ! Both sides just look great. I can understand your choice.

3 hours ago, Gordy said:

Probably this... but if i was offered a good price it would go... that's what the game is about as I don't go in for anything old apart from Gillicks... they are my fav Sov but I'd still sell them if the price was right

Egyptian Calender 4.jpg

I love a Gillick.  66 especially 

I have (mentally) divided my stack into segments that have higher or lower priority to liquidate, given the proper circumstances.  In doing so, however, I realized the need to start accumulating a greater % of generic stuff because most of what I have now will be tough to let go of.