• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is your most prized piece of silver?

Hendo

Oh, that is such a difficult question.  Everything in my silver collection is ultimately disposable but I would actually have a hard time of getting rid of anything!

But if I had to choose what stayed:

In terms of 21st century fine silver bullion, it would probably come down to the following:

2018 10 oz Valiant coin

10 oz Una & The Lion bar

2021 1 kg Queens Beasts completer coin

Honorable mention: 2018 1 oz Oriental Border Britannia coin

And in terms of numismatic UK predecimal silver coins - it would probably come down to the following:

1930 Wreath Crown

1887 Double Florin

1821 Half Crown with heavier garnished reverse

1837 Half Crown

1856 Gothic Florin

1900 Florin

1932 Florin

Honourable mentions: 1885 halfcrown, 1685 shilling, 1723 shilling (etc)

So basically I would try and keep 10 items and part with everything else... maybe 🙃

Can't pick just one, but a few -

• 2013 royal birth - because it's like the highest quality proof silver depiction of pistrucci's iconic design. 
  • 1912 British trade dollar in almost uncirculated condition - because of it's history and imagery and condition
  • Scotsdale aliens!!!!  they are just psycadellic...  brilliant.
  • Perth mint rectangular dragon proofs  - the first proof coins i collected in a full set

Could go on... and on... I think about 1/2 of my stack I couldn't sell in my lifetime and the other half is pure investment with no attachment.

8 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Do limited edition Libertad proof sets count?

I have 2 sets 2015 & 2019, 1/20-5oz boxed & stunning …. 250 mintage 

Yes I really want one! Missed out on a couple other day that got snapped up.

On 16/02/2022 at 18:59, Paul said:

I normally hate any coloured silver, but I love the different Aussie lunar dragon coloured. I have a soft spot for those in my stack

im exactly the same , got the full set and the only coloured coins i own .

This is my most prized piece, weighs about 100 grams but its value (of what I am unsure) is certainly well in excess of the silver content, I just think its such a cool peice of modern military's history. Purchased from the man himself who was relocating to Australia. 

I have a digital copy of the citation - this was taken from that.

"Royal Signals RSI silver medal awarded to SGT RH Richardson in 2016. Awarded for his role in providing close communication support during civil unrest and the conduct of flawless tactical operations to preserve sensitive material frequently whilst under direct personal threat."

1977503597_rsimedal.thumb.jpg.5de6c388f80a2650d1eef07fe8d98b14.jpg1089487162_rsi2.thumb.jpg.f27167090eaa0e9c6e857c74152ad62d.jpg