• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

In a SHTF situation what plan do you have for getting your stack from your storage space?

LukeStacker

An interesting thought I had. If you are stacking for a sh*t has hit the fan situation, and you don't keep your stack on your premises, what's your plan for recovering it? 

There are different situations that could occur, but one running theme will be chaos on the streets. So if its trying to get to a family or friends house or to a safety security deposit box, how would you do it? 

If you were stacking for a SHTF scenario, you'd keep some small denomination PM's close by....ie the midnight gardener approach.🌑🕳️🥀

Other than that, you'll need to channel your inner Sir John Gielgud and blend in with the mob.

Oxyaceltine cutter, concrete cutter, bolt croppers, knifes and guns.... and a massive side of attitude!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

SHTF means different things to different people.

Scenario (a) - inflation is out of control so liquidate some of your PM's to purchase essentials to survive.
Scenario (b) - we are all burnt to a crisp and everything has turned to dust and your PMs will have melted, not that you would ever know.

I think (b) is more likely than (a) because we are too fixated on counting the candles on Boris' birthday cake, did they or did they not culture, and setting new rules on gender neutrality.

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

SHTF means different things to different people.

Scenario (a) - inflation is out of control so liquidate some of your PM's to purchase essentials to survive.
Scenario (b) - we are all burnt to a crisp and everything has turned to dust and your PMs will have melted, not that you would ever know.

I think (b) is more likely than (a) because we are too fixated on counting the candles on Boris' birthday cake, did they or did they not culture, and setting new rules on gender neutrality.

So then is it counter productive to store your items off site if you really do think a SHTF situation is coming (like a prepper), unless you have a second secret easy to reach location. 

I see people talking about their stack being in a secret location for security, which makes sense, but people will be on the streets, robbing each other and looting places. Any bank, etc location will be high on people's list for looting and then protecting or being held up in. 

54 minutes ago, LukeStacker said:

So then is it counter productive to store your items off site if you really do think a SHTF situation is coming (like a prepper), unless you have a second secret easy to reach location. 

I see people talking about their stack being in a secret location for security, which makes sense, but people will be on the streets, robbing each other and looting places. Any bank, etc location will be high on people's list for looting and then protecting or being held up in. 

I have several friends in the USA that once took all this "prepper" stuff seriously.
They built concrete bunkers under their houses and stocked them with tinned food, water etc etc but armed themselves with so many military weapons, ammunition etc.
This was to ensure survival and the ability to protect their supplies.
It really got out of hand.
Even in Switzerland they built nuclear bunkers with thick iron doors like you find on bank vaults.
Some are now used as laundry rooms or ski rooms theses days.
I've just returned from Switzerland so see these basement / cellar bunkers all the time.
When Covid hit the first time you couldn't find any toilet paper, eggs, rice, pasta or flour on the shelves here.
Maybe the public got confused between Coronavirus and Norovirus - hence the panic buying of toilet paper !
If the SHTF we are all truly f*cked so why worry ??

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I have several friends in the USA that once took all this "prepper" stuff seriously.
They built concrete bunkers under their houses and stocked them with tinned food, water etc etc but armed themselves with so many military weapons, ammunition etc.
This was to ensure survival and the ability to protect their supplies.
It really got out of hand.
Even in Switzerland they built nuclear bunkers with thick iron doors like you find on bank vaults.
Some are now used as laundry rooms or ski rooms theses days.
I've just returned from Switzerland so see these basement / cellar bunkers all the time.
When Covid hit the first time you couldn't find any toilet paper, eggs, rice, pasta or flour on the shelves here.
Maybe the public got confused between Coronavirus and Norovirus - hence the panic buying of toilet paper !
If the SHTF we are all truly f*cked so why worry ??

This thread is more just a bit of fun. I'm not stacking for SHTF situation, I'm buying to hold as investment and a bit of a side hustle. I also like the history side. 

If I was to try a do a runner in a shtf scenario I wouldn't last 5 mins. So I would stay put and join the same que as everyone else for bog roll. Someone on here posted a great vid a while back from a ex navy seal. It was about what was best for bartering in certain scenarios. The Rolex one every time I think. 

46 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

If I was to try a do a runner in a shtf scenario I wouldn't last 5 mins. So I would stay put and join the same que as everyone else for bog roll. Someone on here posted a great vid a while back from a ex navy seal. It was about what was best for bartering in certain scenarios. The Rolex one every time I think. 

Sovereigns in the cutouts in your shoes work best.
Too many fake Rolex watches about.

I would be leaving it alone going nowhere near it.

I really stack for the post SHTF situations. The country is starting to regain some sort of normallity and with a modest stack you cn be ahead of the game!

Edited by StackemHigh

99 per cent of the general public wouldn't know the difference between a sovereign and a new penny.   and the latest coppery ones would get laughed out of the ammo shop.

and thats in the UK !  you might get somewhere in the US with silver dollars though 

12 minutes ago, CANV said:

99 per cent of the general public wouldn't know the difference between a sovereign and a new penny.   and the latest coppery ones would get laughed out of the ammo shop.

and thats in the UK !  you might get somewhere in the US with silver dollars though 

When you say ammo store, do you mean bow and arrows? We ain’t allowed real weapons in the uk sadly.