• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

In a SHTF situation what plan do you have for getting your stack from your storage space?

LukeStacker

@GoldDiggerDave.

"SHTF can mean different things to different people, some would think this has happened if Waitrose ran out of Avocados......The Horror!" .

I work in a Call Centre for a major retailer and I called a customer who asked to speak with a manager. It was a year into the pandemic, we were all working all the hours God sent getting people fed and watered. The stories we heard, day in, day out were heart breaking. The pressure is only just beginning to ease.

The customer wanted to speak with a manager about the quality of the asparagus tips. I burst out laughing and thanked her for being the first normal call in a year. She was mortified when she had realised what she had done. After we went our separate ways, I cried.

@HillWalkerDundee  So funny mate, I was a manger of a business and had to deal with middle-class morons who lived in a reality distortion field. 

The only comfort for me if the SHTF these people will not see the day out.   I often wonder how some people have lasted this long already without natural selection deleting them from our species. 

Oh......I can feel myself going off on one here!   

SHTF certainly means different things to different people.

To some it's financial collapse/reset and the runaway inflation scenario. To me it's a zombie apocalypse, to others it's war bring declared, Russian/Ukraine or wherever... yet to the majority it would be any of those scenarios above leading to Strictly Come Dancing or I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here being postponed/cancelled on the BBC.

Such is the world we live in.

On 10/02/2022 at 16:49, Bigmarc said:

Still not walking anywhere, adamant I am staying put. Took a while but found the vid, 

What? No PF70 sovs 😆

On 10/02/2022 at 16:49, Bigmarc said:

Still not walking anywhere, adamant I am staying put. Took a while but found the vid, 

What? No PF70 sovs 😆

There are a really surprising number of bunkers in the U.K. 

Lots of Cold War bunkers ranging ROC Bunkers (many sadly  vandalised) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Royal_Observer_Corps_/_United_Kingdom_Warning_and_Monitoring_Organisation_Posts_(A–E)

To regional control centres - many of which have been sold off to

I have been to a few.  The one I have never been able to confirm is one that is supposed to be a super deep level control centre beneath Moorgate tube, quite possible that it’s still in use or mothballed until needed.   These are generally known as “Citadels”.  Fascinating!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Lots of Cold War bunkers ranging ROC Bunkers 

https://www.subbrit.org.uk/categories/nuclear-monitoring-posts/

Some interesting ones about though like you say a lot are filled in or vandalised some still remain. 

3 hours ago, SidS said:

To me it's a zombie apocalypse,

Few properly prepare for a Zombie apocalypse other than watching "the walking dead" box set. Weapons are the best prep for a serious SHTF scenario. 

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Few properly prepare for a Zombie apocalypse other than watching "the walking dead" box set. Weapons are the best prep for a serious SHTF scenario. 

What kind of weapons can we actually own in the uk? A bright torch is my go to weapon.

picked one of these up a few months ago, only mod needed is a laser dot so you can shoot from the hip 😛

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

22 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

picked one of these up a few months ago, only mod needed is a laser dot so you can shoot from the hip 😛

Nice piece of kit. I had to turn the screen upside down mind. As I was confused becuase this mans head was upsidedown

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Nice piece of kit but I’ll stick with my flashlight. Honestly most self defence experts say that a heavy and very bright light makes an excellent close in defence weapon. Combined with krav training and a German Shepard and my household would make mincemeat out of most home invaders.

2 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Where do you buy these from?

4 hours ago, dicker said:

Lots of Cold War bunkers ranging ROC Bunkers (many sadly  vandalised) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Royal_Observer_Corps_/_United_Kingdom_Warning_and_Monitoring_Organisation_Posts_(A–E)

To regional control centres - many of which have been sold off to

I have been to a few.  The one I have never been able to confirm is one that is supposed to be a super deep level control centre beneath Moorgate tube, quite possible that it’s still in use or mothballed until needed.   These are generally known as “Citadels”.  Fascinating!

There is a bunker just off the A34

9 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Where do you buy these from?

https://www.outdoorhobbies.co.uk/cobra-system-r9-rx-adder--self-cocking-crossbow-8416-p.asp

1 hour ago, TommyTwoShots said:

What kind of weapons can we actually own in the uk? A bright torch is my go to weapon.

Obviously you can get a shotgun licence if you enjoy clay pigeon shooting. There are still knives and strangely enough swords. Not just for battle reenactments but super sharp. Then there are long bows and cross bows. There are a good few legal weapons

I just get out the ole trusty faithful. the old pork sword!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I really don't think having silver or gold will help in a true SHTF scenario. Weapon stashing and training I can see. Learning how to be self sufficient with regards to growing food, saving seed, etc I can understand. Medical training and stacking of supplies I can understand. But stacking silver and gold? If people are truly desperate and fighting over the last... whatever...  do you think your silver and gold will matter? Something people can't eat or use for survival in any meaningful way?!? I don't think so.

If I was truly worried about a real SHTF scenario there is a long list of things I would ensure I had or did before ensuring I had safe access to my stack.