• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

In a SHTF situation what plan do you have for getting your stack from your storage space?

LukeStacker

In a real SHTF your Gold/Silver stack would not matter and I have never stacked for this reason it was for wealth preservation/diversification. I never would want an all out SHTF scenario (conflict with Russia/North Korea) / large meteorite hitting the earth (6.2 miles size killed the dinosaurs) / large volcanic eruptions impact ozone layer. I would choose life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness above any stack of Gold/Silver. In a real SHTF my priority would be family, health, wealth.

Well known stacker on TSF had six killos of Gold bars sold everything to buy his ideal home for his family and is extremely happy with his decision even though he could have obtained several hundred $ more as the price Gold ran up to $2k several months later.

40 minutes ago, Abyss said:

In a real SHTF your Gold/Silver stack would not matter and I have never stacked for this reason it was for wealth preservation/diversification. I never would want an all out SHTF scenario (conflict with Russia/North Korea) / large meteorite hitting the earth (6.2 miles size killed the dinosaurs) / large volcanic eruptions impact ozone layer. I would choose life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness above any stack of Gold/Silver. In a real SHTF my priority would be family, health, wealth.

Well known stacker on TSF had six killos of Gold bars sold everything to buy his ideal home for his family and is extremely happy with his decision even though he could have obtained several hundred $ more as the price Gold ran up to $2k several months later.

yes couldn't agree more, my stack is there to enhance my or my childrens life when it needs to and is part of a wider portfolio.

On 10/02/2022 at 11:40, LukeStacker said:

An interesting thought I had. If you are stacking for a sh*t has hit the fan situation, and you don't keep your stack on your premises, what's your plan for recovering it? 

There are different situations that could occur, but one running theme will be chaos on the streets. So if its trying to get to a family or friends house or to a safety security deposit box, how would you do it? 

If the world turns to chaos and people are out killing each other for food, I don't think anyone will be interested in how many britannias you have. 

If the economy crashes and people are wiping their arses with £20 notes then I think we will be able to safely walk to the stash.

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

Fair play @James32

4 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

As a just in case. If I grow confident about the future I could convert it for air BnB. I have stayed overnight often. It is 2 miles from the nearest person.

I don’t suppose you would put up some pictures? I’m curious what it looks like 

4 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

It would have to be the old type of £20s, not sure you could even do that with the cash they supply now.

And when the central banks come out with CBDC, we can all digitally wipe our arse!  :P  Oops, still got clinging poop!  roflmao! 

20 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

That is what happens when i get left to go to a property auction , unaccompanied , and with a cheque book. She comes with me now.. A Valentine present to me 🙂

It’s got SVA ( or equivalent) written all over it,, been there. 😆

Let's be honest, if a SHTF scenario comes about in the 21st Century AD, then we'll probably all be drafted, only to be wiped out in a nuclear war.

Anyone who survives the nuclear war would be walking into a world radiated to the point that it couldn't sustain life. Even if it isn't, it'll be back to the stone age where access to clean drinking water (the true miracle of civilisation!) will have most people shuffling off the mortal coil before long anyway. I don't think the gold and silver matter at that point.

I could make an arguement that gold and silver will matter in the intermediate period (i.e., after war is declared, but before the total collapse of planet earth), but, by that point, the rule of law has gone anyway.

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

16 hours ago, Abyss said:

If he kept his crypto rather than convert it to gold he may have been able to buy a palace instead by now.      Wander if he is still lurking here

SHTF can mean different things to different people, some would think this has happened if Waitrose ran out of Avocados......The Horror!  

If we have a complete break down in any part of the supply chain, food, energy, water, even communication no amount of silver will help you.  We have been witnessing "social stress testing" over the last few month, petrol delays in supply chains, and I think this has been used as a model to gauge  how society will react if there was a total breakdown.

We had people fighting over petrol because someone had to wait 15 minutes.  Now scale this up when there's 300-400 people trying to buy the last 30 litres of fuel the station has left.  What about the last bag of potato's, baby milk, or antibiotics?    Some of us are old enough to remember the soviet sausage queues when we witnessed the fall of the USSR.  

Not saying this is anyone views here but I see a totally short sighed view form YT silver stackers almost wishing for "The Great Reset"  this is insanity.  So what  you have a few 100 or 1000oz of silver this will not make you a millionaire and if you are old, weak, or devoid of  practical life skills you are not likely to survive any prolonged hardship anyway.  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

If he kept his crypto rather than convert it to gold he may have been able to buy a palace instead by now.      Wander if he is still lurking here

In a SHTF stuation, how would someone access their crypto if there was no electricity or internet?

It gets worse than that. How will someone access their crypto when the EMP burst has wrecked all the kit and back up. There would be no crypto. The dangers of investing in thin air. At least I keep paper copies of my contract notes etc (not that it will do much good if Armageddon arrives.).

Edited by HillWalkerDundee

56 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

It gets worse than that. How will someone access their crypto when the EMP burst has wrecked all the kit and back up. There would be no crypto. The dangers of investing in thin air. At least I keep paper copies of my contract notes etc (not that it will do much good if Armageddon arrives.).

Orrrrr....