• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Bullion Sovereign

12 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

@paulmerton- Just a website glitch as suspected. They’re all back now.

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/uk-coin-ranges/sovereign/

Aww shucks, I was hoping my H&B 2022 Sovereign would suddenly be more exclusive if they had stopped making them for the rest of the year :D 

On 26/01/2022 at 12:38, ZigZag said:

Your feedback led me to search a bit more and got these cases, they are superbly packaged a real good quality. Know I’ve paid more for the 2022 sovereign buying through the mint, but I couldn’t find any dealer offering similar cases.

Space for a carded birth year or proof underneath the tray too.

Going to have fun filling them with a date run later.

3F25F029-75BB-4B7A-8DEA-4433C06967B2.jpeg

I wished they can make one that fits 1oz silver coins given that most have to choose the economic ticket for the new monarch series with 21 1 oz silver coins.

Have any of you bought or considered the 2022 bullion quarter sovereign?

I didn’t think I would with a 30% ish premium but I’m thinking of buying one or two but I just don’t know if they’d hold their premium in the future.

I prefer full sovereigns, so if I did they might arrive and leave me wondering where they are!! 😆

4 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Have any of you bought or considered the 2022 bullion quarter sovereign?

I didn’t think I would with a 30% ish premium but I’m thinking of buying one or two but I just don’t know if they’d hold their premium in the future.

I prefer full sovereigns, so if I did they might arrive and leave me wondering where they are!! 😆

I have. They were about 17% more than a literal quarter of a full sovereign and haven't arrived yet (apart from the one in the blister packaging), but in a few years maybe these will become the new entry point for gold collectors. Besides, they have the special 2022 design, so why not!

Quarter sovs are so tiny. And so light. And the premiums are so high. I honestly don’t know what to make of them. If someone had only a little money to spend, I do wonder why they would buy a quarter sov with its high premium instead of just a pure gold bar or coin priced closer to spot.

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Quarter sovs are so tiny. And so light. And the premiums are so high. I honestly don’t know what to make of them. If someone had only a little money to spend, I do wonder why they would buy a quarter sov with its high premium instead of just a pure gold bar or coin priced closer to spot.

Usually I would agree with you, however for this special one-off version I'm getting a couple to put away for my children.  Will get the complete set in bullion form eventually.  Will increase in value in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, MJCOIN said:

Usually I would agree with you, however for this special one-off version I'm getting a couple to put away for my children.  Will get the complete set in bullion form eventually.  Will increase in value in my opinion.

Yes totally agree with this. For 2022 because of the special design the quarters could be worth getting. 👍🏼 

8 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I think if you can’t afford a half sovereign a month minimum, just buy one every two months.

Quarter sovereigns are a novelty or to fill out a set 

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

I agree and I don’t have any but the 2022 might be different in the years to come. I’ve never seen a quarter sovereign as it’s never been anything I’ve ever wanted. Full sovereigns have always been my preference.

7 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I have. They were about 17% more than a literal quarter of a full sovereign and haven't arrived yet (apart from the one in the blister packaging), but in a few years maybe these will become the new entry point for gold collectors. Besides, they have the special 2022 design, so why not!

This is the reason why I’ve been considering them @paulmerton

I remember the first time I bought a 1/10oz Britannia and I couldn’t believe how small it was and but these are even smaller.

9 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I agree and I don’t have any but the 2022 might be different in the years to come. I’ve never seen a quarter sovereign as it’s never been anything I’ve ever wanted. Full sovereigns have always been my preference.

True. And as a completist, I want to have all the denominations of the 2022 bullion Sovereign since the Double Sovereign too is so much more affordable compared to the Proof sets. 😅

26 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

True. And as a completist, I want to have all the denominations of the 2022 bullion Sovereign since the Double Sovereign too is so much more affordable compared to the Proof sets. 😅

Agree, and me too.  Wait and see if 5 soveriegn bullion is available later this year.

The 1/4 sovereign has no historical significance for me as a collector. It never existed in circulation, but the RM decided to create this 'tiddler' to make more money. I liked the 4 coin proof sets as they were. However, I do like the 1/4 oz gold Brits and QBs.