• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Bullion Sovereign

Just had an email this is being released tomorrow and the design will be available to view on RM website. The new sovereigns will be available to pre order from atkinsons and I assume other dealers!

I hope it’s going to just be the same as the proof, that’s what I’m expecting 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Just had an email this is being released tomorrow and the design will be available to view on RM website. The new sovereigns will be available to pre order from atkinsons and I assume other dealers!

I hope it’s going to just be the same as the proof, that’s what I’m expecting 🤷‍♂️ 

I believe it's already been confirmed as being the same design.

14 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

14 hours ago, MJCOIN said:

I believe it's already been confirmed as being the same design.

I already posted about:

The Design

The Release Date(s)

As of today, we also know the Royal Mint are issuing bullion versions of:

Double Sovereign

Half Sovereign

Quarter Sovereign

I suspect they may release a bullion quintuple sovereign later, but this is pure guesswork. 

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I usually hesitate to promote the Royal Mint, but:

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/uk-coin-ranges/sovereign/

😀

Thankyou..I couldn't find it.....I'm surprised that they are all in stock,can I ask why you think this is.

I thought they would have sold out quickly. Thankyou.

4 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Thankyou..I couldn't find it.....I'm surprised that they are all in stock,can I ask why you think this is.

Bullion sovereigns are not limited mintage. They will be minted to demand throughout this year.

21 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

"Shipping Expected From 11th January"

No issue limits, which is normal for most bullion issues.

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Or you could get them from https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-gold-sovereign-uncirculated-coin/15066 at a better price, although you might have t wait a little longer.

Unofficially, we are hoping to receive our first stock about 17th January, but don't hold me to that date.

If you only want one piece, Harrington and Byrne are often cheapest, it's their loss leader.

Are you due to get any stock of the 1/4 sov?

1 hour ago, oooootini said:

Are you due to get any stock of the 1/4 sov?

No, but we might change our minds if enough people want them.

I don't really like them because they are small, and IMO invented to fill a marketing price point for the RM. I think we still have some 2009 proofs in stock.

We have not yet bought any halves or doubles either, although we possibly will do later.

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

No, but we might change our minds if enough people want them.

I don't really like them because they are small, and IMO invented to fill a marketing price point for the RM. I think we still have some 2009 proofs in stock.

We have not yet bought any halves or doubles either, although we possibly will do later.

Thanks, 1/4 sovs are not really on my "buy" list, but as it's a special design i thought it would be nice to pick up a few full/half/quarter sets.

11 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

As of today, we also know the Royal Mint are issuing bullion versions of:

Double Sovereign

Half Sovereign

Quarter Sovereign

I suspect they may release a bullion quintuple sovereign later, but this is pure guesswork. 

Thanks @LawrenceChard

I don't particularly like sovereigns, they are too pink to me, I prefer Britannias.   So I was just going to get one, plus perhaps a larger one (a double) to see this year's design.  I might hold off on the double until much later if there is a chance of a quintuple.

4 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

Thanks @LawrenceChard

I don't particularly like sovereigns, they are too pink to me, I prefer Britannias.   So I was just going to get one, plus perhaps a larger one (a double) to see this year's design.  I might hold off on the double until much later if there is a chance of a quintuple.

You are not the only who doesn't like the colour!

😎

Chards

7 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Or you could get them from https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-gold-sovereign-uncirculated-coin/15066 at a better price, although you might have t wait a little longer.

Unofficially, we are hoping to receive our first stock about 17th January, but don't hold me to that date.

If you only want one piece, Harrington and Byrne are often cheapest, it's their loss leader.

Thanks @LawrenceChard. Chards is on the list for these. Have already used Chards for some sov purchases recently, so highly likely this will continue.

I was was lined up like a lot of TSF members here for a H&B 2022 sov, but H&B decided to cancel my order as I live in Aust. Looks like they are too cheap to pay for the long distance calls and postage to bombard me with their marketing. 😀