• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Bullion Sovereign

7 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Still quite confuse with the RM bullion account. I tried to activate the bullion account when i am logged in using my standard account and it is giving me error and looping in the registration page.

Do I need to log out from my standard account, and create a new bullion account using the same email address here ==> https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/ ?

Or do they work as 2 separate account with different login IDs? It's quite confusing 😉

I'm not sure.  I just logged into my own account with RM to see what came up on the page.  Log in was no problem as the details are saved on my computer so it's just a case of pressing the button, and when I got through to my account I see that it's named as an  "investment account"  rather than what you call a standard account or a bullion account in your post above.  I can't say if that's some kind of different type of account from yours but it would seem logical to me that all accounts would be standardised across the board, but maybe they in their wisdom think otherwise..??    These companies do seem to love making things as difficult and confusing as possible sometimes...

5 hours ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Still quite confuse with the RM bullion account. I tried to activate the bullion account when i am logged in using my standard account and it is giving me error and looping in the registration page.

Do I need to log out from my standard account, and create a new bullion account using the same email address here ==> https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/ ?

Or do they work as 2 separate account with different login IDs? It's quite confusing 😉

Yep.  Log out and make a new one for bullion.

I've not ordered one yet am in two minds, love the design but hate the colour. 

The colour is putting me off. Do these look better in hand than the picture? All I think when I look at it is how nice it would look if it was gold colour and not the colour of my copper pipes that feed my toilet. Which I've named the royal mint, gives me so much pleasure when I take a c**p in it .

Just now, Dan12345 said:

I've not ordered one yet am in two minds, love the design but hate the colour. 

The colour is putting me off. Do these look better in hand than the picture? All I think when I look at it is how nice it would look if it was gold colour and not the colour of my copper pipes that feed my toilet. Which I've named the royal mint, gives me so much pleasure when I take a c**p in it .

Here's mine that arrived today.

20220118_100355.jpg

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I did mention somewhere further up that the pinkish colour of the newer Sovereigns is much more exaggerated on the website - and that in reality they aren’t really that pink in hand.

So take it easy and enjoy this year’s lovely design. 😀

I agree. The colour looks much more acceptable than I had expected.

22 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I’ve never understood why RM makes the recent sovs look horribly pink in their pictures. In real life they aren’t too bad. Not as nice as the beautiful gold coloured ones but not rose gold like.

I suspect to try and discourage sneaky re-sellers from copying RM's pics from their website for their own use. 

One could always play silly buggers with RM and complain that their advertising / web site pics does not accurately represent the product "Your web site shows a rose gold sovereign and I got a gold looking one blah blah blah...I want the rose coloured soveriegn you advertised"..😆.....just for sh$ts and giggles of course.

46 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I’ve never understood why RM makes the recent sovs look horribly pink in their pictures. In real life they aren’t too bad. Not as nice as the beautiful gold coloured ones but not rose gold like.

I genuinely think it’s something to do with the rose gold fad that seemed to be flavour of the month a few years ago I.e. phones, Apple watches, Fitbits, Pandora bracelets etc etc. Anything and everything was being released in “rose gold”.

Perhaps they thought it would appeal to a wider/younger audience by trying to jump on this particular band waggon by marketing them this way.

I don’t actually mind them but most stackers clearly think they look garbage, but then again we all still end up buying them anyway so what reason do they have to change 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Shep

Finally got my Sov today from Harrington & Byrne, now waiting on the next from Bleyer's...

...2022 has been an expensive year already with the proof coins as well 🙈🙉🙊

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

On 04/01/2022 at 16:26, LawrenceChard said:

Or you could get them from https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-gold-sovereign-uncirculated-coin/15066 at a better price, although you might have to wait a little longer.

Unofficially, we are hoping to receive our first stock about 17th January, but don't hold me to that date.

If you only want one piece, Harrington and Byrne are often cheapest, it's their loss leader.

I'm glad I was circumspect about our ETA.

Yesterday, I saw this message:

"Next week (delayed because of HMRC customs backlog)"

I'll bet not many people knew there was a customs border between Wales and England.

😎

Chards

I just bought a 10 sovereign box with a coin from the RM. Looks like a decent offer.

What's the yearly coin programme? How do I sign up? I've only seen the Digi gold thing that doesn't allow physical delivery, but the yearly coin programme does? I took a screen shot.

SmartSelect_20220123-202126_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, MergingCultures said:

I just bought a 10 sovereign box with a coin from the RM. Looks like a decent offer.

What's the yearly coin programme? How do I sign up? I've only seen the Digi gold thing that doesn't allow physical delivery, but the yearly coin programme does? I took a screen shot.

SmartSelect_20220123-202126_Chrome.jpg

What this means is that for the next 9 years you will receive a bullion sovereign each time they release one for the new year. 

2 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

What this means is that for the next 9 years you will receive a bullion sovereign each time they release one for the new year. 

Looks like you'll be seeing this chap's face a few times pop into the new box.

image.png.80209a48d33460e892951a3066e4172f.png

6 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Ah ok!

So it's not a monthly thing like Little Treasures.

I was thinking I was signing up to some sort of savings plan, but couldn't see a way to set up the direct debit and have them send me a sovereign each month.

On 03/01/2022 at 19:28, AuricGoldfinger said:

Just had an email this is being released tomorrow and the design will be available to view on RM website. The new sovereigns will be available to pre order from atkinsons and I assume other dealers!

I hope it’s going to just be the same as the proof, that’s what I’m expecting 🤷‍♂️ 

We just photographed some of the 2022 bullion sovereigns today:

2022elizabethiigoldbullionfullsovereignreverseandobversecrop.thumb.jpg.2b66d02e8ccd2cd16d4c25a88f25df26.jpg

They look pretty good for a bullion issue.

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

7 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We just photographed some of the 2022 bullion sovereigns today:

2022elizabethiigoldbullionfullsovereignreverseandobversecrop.thumb.jpg.2b66d02e8ccd2cd16d4c25a88f25df26.jpg

They look pretty good for e bullion issue.

Phew!!!! I'm beginning to think that the RM are assuming we have unlimited funds to purchase every single release....in such a short span of time....I'm guessing 10% of collectors do but for the rest of us peasants...we do t have the funds to keep buying these coins every few weeks. Although I wish I were one of them who could.

1 hour ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Phew!!!! I'm beginning to think that the RM are assuming we have unlimited funds to purchase every single release....in such a short span of time....I'm guessing 10% of collectors do but for the rest of us peasants...we do t have the funds to keep buying these coins every few weeks. Although I wish I were one of them who could.

Luckily one has all year to buy these bullion coins.