• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Bullion Sovereign

15 hours ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

I understand that they are bullion coins, how is the condition of the coins in blister pack? Maybe the pursuit for MS70 starts :D:D

If you have the (or rather a good amount of spare) money and are looking to pass down something to your heirs, that would be a nice set imo :)

Much as I hate First Strike tomfoolery, if I was in that boat (too much money!), I'd be buying loads and getting them all off to NGC asap for that elusive (possibly one of a kind) First Strike 70s set!

16 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

A lot of details been lost in the bullions compared to the proofs. Still want one though lol

Absolutely! As many as possible for me this year, I'll be selling some other modern sovs to buy these for a few quid more :)

14 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They have to make them look rubbish so they can sell the proofs for twice the price! 😀

The Proofs are definitely not what they were just a few short years ago alas, and from the photos these don' seem to be either, so I think you're right, or the Mint have just dropped their standards...

Edited by kimchi

5 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@kimchi tried to quote you but not happening on my phone. I’ll be doing the exact same 👍

See it loud and clear :)

It's a no-brainer really isn't it?

Once the rush has stopped and premiums go down a bit mind, and with hopefully a drop in gold closer to £1300. As the jokers at the Mint might say 'we're here all year'! :lol:

Edited by kimchi

I've still not managed to get my bullion account sorted so no carded halfs for me, although not a bad thing as I do like a fondle of bullion.

Ive got a couple on order with bbp so see when they turn up.

Any ideas if any of the dealers will be getting carded ones or is it just royal mint.

^^^^^^^

The 2021 sov's in blister packs I have are as tight as a drum like Perth Mint certicard bars....thus the 2022 look (and I expect) to be the same sturdy blister packs.

I bought both capsules (for playing with 😜) and blister packs as they will remain in perfect bullion (well sent RM condition) for a long long time.

Just now, Oddjob said:

^^^^^^^

The 2021 sov's in blister packs I have are as tight as a drum like Perth Mint certicard bars....thus the 2022 look (and I expect) to be the same sturdy blister packs.

I bought both capsules (for playing with 😜) and blister packs as they will remain in perfect bullion (well sent RM condition) for a long long time.

Can confirm the 2022 sovereign blister packaging is identical to the 2021 packs (I have both).

They remind me of the tamperproof Trial of the Pyx blister packs.

5 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

It seems they have stepped up their game since these blisters were produced. These offer no protection really so I put the coins in airtites!

image.jpg

They also look a bit tacky don't they! Reminds me of the kind of things currently produced by the so called "coin marketing companies" to coin a chardism.

Presumably all sizes of this year's bullion Sovereigns will have no issue limits?

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They also look a bit tacky don't they! Reminds me of the kind of things currently produced by the so called "coin marketing companies" to coin a chardism.

Presumably all sizes of this year's bullion Sovereigns will have no issue limits?

They do really, but fashions change in 22 years I guess. They are going for minimalistic now. Not sure on the issue limits but presume it would say on the card like the 2000 ones do if there was. Now I am not sure if the 250k issue limit on my 2000s refers to all bullion or just carded ones ? 

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I have no idea what this foam packaging was originally for, as it was used to package an unrelated fragile ebay item, but I wonder if it could have been for PAMP cards or something similar? There's 25 slots. Either way, it seems to be a perfect fit for these!

image.thumb.png.fcb425fe71fdd7d5204873278c283b3b.png

Most certicards I've seen out of Aust, UK or Europe come in a hard 2 piece plastic box with transparent lid. Looks more like some something computer parts would come packed in but then I could be wrong. Either way I'd be pleased with it..does the job.

1 hour ago, Oddjob said:

Most certicards I've seen out of Aust, UK or Europe come in a hard 2 piece plastic box with transparent lid. Looks more like some something computer parts would come packed in but then I could be wrong. Either way I'd be pleased with it..does the job.

As they're the same size as credit cards, I guess any kind of phone card or business card album/storage solution could be a viable option for anyone who wants to collect loads neatly but without taking up too much storage. 

9 hours ago, mustynewb said:

I've still not managed to get my bullion account sorted so no carded halfs for me, although not a bad thing as I do like a fondle of bullion.

Ive got a couple on order with bbp so see when they turn up.

Any ideas if any of the dealers will be getting carded ones or is it just royal mint.

There has been a problem with the RM website when clicking 'activate bullion account' from the standard commemorative coins website.

The three pages of questions just go round in circles.  Their tech people are aware of the issue.

You can just create a new account for the bullion site.

https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/

23 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

There has been a problem with the RM website when clicking 'activate bullion account' from the standard commemorative coins website.

The three pages of questions just go round in circles.  Their tech people are aware of the issue.

You can just create a new account for the bullion site.

https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/

Been reading the above posts...and wanted to know..does it make any difference value wise if these coins are carded and in blister packs????

Thanks.

Regarding blister packs of any sort a brief concern of mine is that they will deteriorate over a period of years (long term)

The colours will fade over time, the thin sheet of protection similar to that of a brand new phone screen will peel and curl up at the corners. 

A very nice brand new item is shiny and definitely a trophy piece at the start but like anything it will show signs of 'wear and tear' no matter how well you protect/store it over time. 

Any seasoned stackers out there that can share their experience with any packaged bullion items?