• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

28 minutes ago, matt1r said:

The only time I’ve ever know them to cancel is if you take the p and order about 5 to the same household, no doubt you will receive them.

Ah the glorious old days when they had a 3 per household limit but didn't pick up the fact that multiple people from the same household (or even the same person making a second, third, etc account) were ordering 'quite a few' sets of 3. I think the record on here was either 15 or 18 coins.

Edited by kimchi

Thanks for sharing the link.  The deal is still up there, and I'm in.  I was always going to buy a 2022 bullion sovereign and £319 is better than I was expecting.  Bought from H&B in 2019 and 2020 and still get the shiny spam.  Have only ever bought current year bullion sovs from them though.

38 minutes ago, Richiesilver said:

As other have said, thanks for sharing the link. Missed the proofs to flippers as usual! This will be a fine consolation prize especially if it arrives under spot in January 😀 

Actually considering the total mintage of the proof sets and single/half sovereigns I'd say there's very little being flipped,and add to that...a full sovereign can still be had for £650ish on here,even the half proofs can be had for under £350 so not extortionate in any sense if still wanting one.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 08/12/2021 at 08:58, BullionBuyerUK said:

That's a great deal, think I will have to sign up to this

Everyone on TSF should order one. It is the usual loss-leader.

I have covered this subject before on TSF.

Best do it online, it will save half an hour of attempted upselling, bait and switch.

If you do it by phone, it would be interesting to hear what they tell you.

23 hours ago, chrisdobb said:

Will the coins actually materialise or will they just cancel and refund?

Best do it online, it will save half an hour of attempted upselling, bait and switch.

Chards

On 08/12/2021 at 09:10, RDHC said:

The reverse design shown by H and B is not guaranteed to be the actual one, so far as I know. Chards are very circumspect about this. And there is no mention of this offer on the H and B website.

The 2022 is going to be the same as the proof.

I have posted this elsewhere on TSF already.

Hopefully, it also says so on the @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer website.

Chards

10 hours ago, James32 said:

Actually considering the total mintage of the proof sets and single/half sovereigns I'd say there's very little being flipped,and add to that...a full sovereign can still be had for £650ish on here,even the half proofs can be had for under £350 so not extortionate in any sense if still wanting one.

I disagree. Ever since the start of the great engravers it has been much worse and 2019 was the last year I was able to easily procure RM proof coins. Many dealers now offer pf70s before the actual release of the coin. Saw significantly more flipping here and on ebay compared to previous years. But at least I get to enjoy the design for close to spot.

Edited by Richiesilver

28 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Richiesilver That is a preorder on there website so not offered before release of a PF70. 

Semantics, a preorder is offering for sale. My point is I personally find it a shame that dealers have enough early entry to the RM proof market that they are taking money on PF70s before a single coin is in their hands. Its not about the collector as much as it used to be. My opinion, not necessarily yours. 

On 08/12/2021 at 08:27, MickB said:

Spotted this in today's Metro newspaper. Limited to one per household. 

IMG_20211208_071420.jpg

Chards

6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

24 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

One thing I really like about you Lawrence is that you never repeat yourself old boy, you never repeat yourself :P

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

One thing I really like about you Lawrence is that you never repeat yourself old boy, you never repeat yourself :P

You can say that again!

1 minute ago, dicker said:

There is a very simple way to never get another sales call again and be blacklisted by any organisation.  It’s very simple - I won’t put here as it’s not decent.  

Oh, go on!

😎

Chards

32 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

You can say that again!

I very well may do so Lawrence, I very well may do so :)

34 minutes ago, dicker said:

There is a very simple way to never get another sales call again and be blacklisted by any organisation.  It’s very simple - I won’t put here as it’s not decent.  

Oh come on, you can't just leave all our members dangling in the wind here like that!

:ph34r: