• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

21 minutes ago, MickB said:

The advert states they can only guarantee the price for 48 hours. What's the betting on it being held for longer?

I imagine it's in case of any drastic movement in gold spot. Presumably they use special delivery so taking that off to level the price it's already at ~6% under spot. If spot hangs around where it is they'll probably leave it until they've exhausted their allocation for their loss leader deal.

24 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

I imagine it's in case of any drastic movement in gold spot. Presumably they use special delivery so taking that off to level the price it's already at ~6% under spot. If spot hangs around where it is they'll probably leave it until they've exhausted their allocation for their loss leader deal.

I work it out to be about spot unless you’re taking postage into it

Has anyone succeeded in working around their 1 per household yet ?
Last time there was a similar offer it was easy to order more than 1 but their website restricts you to only 1 coin.
( One for each of my two kids )

Edited by Pete

39 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

unless you’re taking postage into it

1 hour ago, Liam84 said:

Presumably they use special delivery so taking that off

Yeah, to make a fair comparison against other places I always take the postage cost off and just work out what's being charged for the metal. Postage is an unavoidable service charge and is never actually free if they use a third party like Royal Mail.

Taking the £6.85 off £319 makes it £40.80 a gram, spot is currently around £43.44.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I'm still undecided on whether to buy one or not... is the trade-off that I might end up getting sent brochures every 5 minutes? :D 

Technically yes, but there is an address provided to stop all that. They put it up during the purchase process, by all accounts once told they do knock it off.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Has anyone succeeded in working around their 1 per household yet ?
Last time there was a similar offer it was easy to order more than 1 but their website restricts you to only 1 coin.
( One for each of my two kids )

Got pets, work or other family (you trust) address??? Plenty of old mobile phone a/c's in Rover's name around the joint. 😃

10 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Screenshot_20211208-191018.png

Thanks. I will go for it, but oh boy, I do hate that kind of (surely deliberately) deceptive layout and arrangement of checkboxes.

You're effectively opted in by default, and at a quick glance you'd assume you haven't opted into Email or Telephone contact because the checkboxes are blank to start off with. It just feels as though they're hoping you won't read the preceding paragraph properly.  Vultures!

20 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I'm still undecided on whether to buy one or not... is the trade-off that I might end up getting sent brochures every 5 minutes? :D 

I think the biggest initial worry is receiving anything at all from them in their very fancy envelopes with their company name emblazoned across the front.

Long-term I'd look at their marketing policy and be worried about who they've shared with (or sold to) my personal details.

After I registered with them I did get weekly mailings for months afterwards printed on expensive paper.
Just went straight to recycling, unopened envelopes, which is a shame really but everything they tried to sell was deemed way too expensive.
It's their cost & loss but I guess they only need to catch one or two customers to make it all worthwhile.

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think the biggest initial worry is receiving anything at all from them in their very fancy envelopes with their company name emblazoned across the front.

Long-term I'd look at their marketing policy and be worried about who they've shared with (or sold to) my personal details.

I have just emailed them asking about this, I will report back if/when I get a response.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

After I registered with them I did get weekly mailings for months afterwards printed on expensive paper.
Just went straight to recycling, unopened envelopes, which is a shame really but everything they tried to sell was deemed way too expensive.
It's their cost & loss but I guess they only need to catch one or two customers to make it all worthwhile.

I always welcome such A4 freebies, if printed on one side only, and use them (one-sided) for printing of not-so-important documents at home. Expensive paper sounds like a bonus.