• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

38 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

May i ask why you don't display a picture of the actual coin whilst advertising it for sale?

https://www.chards.co.uk/2021-great-engravers-gothic-portrait-10oz-gold-proof-coin/16111

You sure can, it's a good question.

Our photographer has been overloaded with work recently, although we do have a part-time trainee (I nearly typed trannie) assistant.

It also take more time to do high quality photos compared with most online coin photos.

BTW, it's not the only one we have in stock.

😎

I was referring to the Quartered Arms, not the Portrait!

😎 😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

On 01/03/2022 at 08:57, SovereignBishop said:

Did the Una coins have a lower mintage hence being so scarce ?

I wonder if the gothic crowns will do as well long term. Seem to be loads of them about!

On 01/03/2022 at 09:08, ArgentSmith said:

yes

no

And the Una and Lion was always going to be a desirable choice.

About 10 years ago, I narrowly turned one down from a fellow dealer at about £15K or £16K, because it was slightly scuffed, and I would have prefered to pay more for a better one. Now they go for stratospheric money.

Originals of the Gothic crown, being less rare, and in silver, were always much more affordable. I seem to remember having a high grade one in stock for many years though, but this happens.

Chards

36 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

And the Una and Lion was always going to be a desirable choice.

About 10 years ago, I narrowly turned one down from a fellow dealer at about £15K or £16K, because it was slightly scuffed, and I would have prefered to pay more for a better one. Now they go for stratospheric money.

Originals of the Gothic crown, being less rare, and in silver, were always much more affordable. I seem to remember having a high grade one in stock for many years though, but this happens.

And most of the Una restrikes went straight into collector boxes. You never had hundreds of silver and dozens of gold Unas being offered straight after release, or still in dealer's stock, even a year after release. There will never be a Una in this, or in any coin series, again.

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

And most of the Una restrikes went straight into collector boxes. You never had hundreds of silver and dozens of gold Unas being offered straight after release, or still in dealer's stock, even a year after release. There will never be a Una in this, or in any coin series, again.

Who's una? Another forum member I haven't met yet?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, I am currently editing a video that I shot at Chards Coin & Bullion - a close look at the 10 oz gold Gothic Quartered Arms!

Sadly even this coin is a monster for quality. 

Check out these frosting breaks!

I sometimes wonder if we expect too much considering all the steps involved, the materials being dealt with and the fact that all this is going on in a "foundry" of sorts. It's probably a miracle we ever see absolutely perfect coins at all!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I sometimes wonder if we expect too much considering all the steps involved, the materials being dealt with and the fact that all this is going on in a "foundry" of sorts. It's probably a miracle we ever see absolutely perfect coins at all!

That's why PCGS and NGC was founded. To find a couple of perfect coins out of a release. Now everybody awaits a 70, without the smallest break in frosting, or the rim. Scratches and milk spots on release is another thing, but small imperfections should not be that big thing. Sometimes i'm really wondering about prices. Like a graded PF69 3G to be cheaper, than a raw one. 

But just in case, i would trade a 2 OZ silver  Henry VII, raw (looks like a 70 to me) for a PF69 pair Gothic Arms/Portrait. Don't wait to long, maybe next year i'm asking a PF70 set.😊😇

49 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Una could be Barry's stepmother, that only showed love to him for several days. After this she carried a much higher premium and Barry started feeling bad about her.

You could be right.  And, when Barry was born, there was a problem getting him out of the hospital because the hospital charges were oppressive.  Upon release from the hospital, Barry, a brilliant baby with the gift of gab (and lots of it), said, "Mum, I will stay in the hospital forever until they charge you the RRP."

Good news

Anyone awaiting 2oz gold plain-edge "Portrait" , they wont be long - just had an email from my RM Mint Marque account manager 

Dispatching W/C 14th 

Price has increased +£125 since the last. Doing no good for my dollar cost average per oz :( 

IMG_3417.JPG

10 oz Quartered Arms update. Our photographer took some high res images of the areas @BackyardBullion pointed out. The marks definitely don't appear as bad as we first thought. Most of it was on the capsule. It's actually a nice condition coin.

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resbottomthirdcrop.thumb.jpg.2f2518aff08534f575bb6dd7819de0e2.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resharpsoundboxandonrimtotheleftcrop.thumb.jpg.8bf5da19b1126c33a9f73450791da584.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resharpsoundboxblemishcrop.thumb.jpg.232193728a89173fbbc07fa20a30a6fd.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resleftandjustbelowmiddlecirclewhereshieldmeetscirclecrop.thumb.jpg.4221a646335ec2615d798b1c908770c8.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resmiddlecircleandsurroundingareacrop.thumb.jpg.226d68864cc3e6002a544f6fb6c2f344.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resrightandbelowofmiddlecirclewheretwoshieldsmeetcrop.thumb.jpg.1be79c01b12d0de9e2181dc298e80272.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-restopofreversecrop.thumb.jpg.994ae003585d910616bfd2a4fe5fa45f.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmsobversecrownareacrop.thumb.jpg.fbea2bc56aead651336062c5aba0089f.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmsobversefewmarkstorightofnosecrop.thumb.jpg.b01022631cd7c9c9b8e590b2e11f952f.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmsobverseneckareacrop.thumb.jpg.64b87f7d183706d34ff7cc55975b1bb7.jpg

7 minutes ago, ChardsCoinandBullionDealer said:

10 oz Quartered Arms update. Our photographer took some high res images of the areas @BackyardBullion pointed out. The marks definitely don't appear as bad as we first thought. Most of it was on the capsule. It's actually a nice condition coin.

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resbottomthirdcrop.thumb.jpg.2f2518aff08534f575bb6dd7819de0e2.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resharpsoundboxandonrimtotheleftcrop.thumb.jpg.8bf5da19b1126c33a9f73450791da584.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resharpsoundboxblemishcrop.thumb.jpg.232193728a89173fbbc07fa20a30a6fd.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resleftandjustbelowmiddlecirclewhereshieldmeetscirclecrop.thumb.jpg.4221a646335ec2615d798b1c908770c8.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resmiddlecircleandsurroundingareacrop.thumb.jpg.226d68864cc3e6002a544f6fb6c2f344.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmshi-resrightandbelowofmiddlecirclewheretwoshieldsmeetcrop.thumb.jpg.1be79c01b12d0de9e2181dc298e80272.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmshi-restopofreversecrop.thumb.jpg.994ae003585d910616bfd2a4fe5fa45f.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmsobversecrownareacrop.thumb.jpg.fbea2bc56aead651336062c5aba0089f.jpg

10ozgoldquarterarmsobversefewmarkstorightofnosecrop.thumb.jpg.b01022631cd7c9c9b8e590b2e11f952f.jpg 10ozgoldquarterarmsobverseneckareacrop.thumb.jpg.64b87f7d183706d34ff7cc55975b1bb7.jpg

Excellent, wish I could get anywhere near them photos.

Cheers.

On 03/03/2022 at 17:12, Paul said:

Good news

Anyone awaiting 2oz gold plain-edge "Portrait" , they wont be long - just had an email from my RM Mint Marque account manager 

Dispatching W/C 14th 

Price has increased +£125 since the last. Doing no good for my dollar cost average per oz :( 

IMG_3417.JPG

Thanks Paul, no mail from my AM but I have just check my account and seen it in my open orders

Edited by Frenchie

Just now, Frenchie said:

Thanks Paul, no mail from my AM but I have seen it on my open orders

it was added to me open orders earlier today as well :) will be great to have the pair 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

it was added to me open orders earlier today as well :) will be great to have the pair 

My QA being graded and I 'd hope a pair of PF70's. I'll see that in a few months...hopefully in a safe world with wisdom and peace  

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Interesting. Obviously a good price.

Perhaps desperation.

Definitely a great price someone should grab that 

Same person sold a 2oz for under £250 yesterday 

desperation I would certainly agree 

8 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

5oz portrait on eBay £500 with best offer 

make of it what you will

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353946644637?hash=item5268dd309d:g:FesAAOSwPAViIxi2

wow, great price, although no box or coa. Nearly bought however decided against it.  Feedback on recent transaction put me off still

image.png.753ed8f86674d83f3c1f80cb13bb8584.png