• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

39 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

The s*** part is the wait but also if you do grade. If you don’t its still a joke but you miss out on any of the first release labels. I know that isn’t everything but a lot of people like to get stuff sent to grading right away for they labels.

Yea I am pretty pissed at RM for that as well, with their horribly quality/ packaing I have had four coins with capsule open arrived last month and after sending them back, they still haven't sent my replace coins and it has been almost two weeks!!! And I am still waiting for my 2oz gold portait and 5oz Platinum Jubilee lol... This monday was the first release label cut off for the SOTD I believe,so I definitely missed that as the coin I recieved was a catastrophe and had to be sent back.

Though I have been told that FR label doesn't really matter, and I don't buy coins to resale but I always grade them as most of the RM capsules are terrible, and I would like my them to have FR labels.

Although I don't buy coins to resale but I like it when my coins carry a higer premium, @FlorinCollector do you know if FR actual do that to coins as I was told here it doesn't matter but when I look at auction results it is hard to find any modern coin without a FR label and if there is one that comes up it typically go for 15% less or so...

@Chonemenos IMO the label does not matter but it is a nice aesthetic. Like on coins this year it is nice to have the royal celebration label on them. It is also good because people tend to have OCD and want their collection to have all the same labels. I generally just get the plain brown label because an extra fiver adds up. 

If you can get first release id say go for it but really believe you are just paying extra £5 for aesthetic. Maybe a premium in the future but not too sure. 

23 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Chonemenos IMO the label does not matter but it is a nice aesthetic. Like on coins this year it is nice to have the royal celebration label on them. It is also good because people tend to have OCD and want their collection to have all the same labels. I generally just get the plain brown label because an extra fiver adds up. 

If you can get first release id say go for it but really believe you are just paying extra £5 for aesthetic. Maybe a premium in the future but not too sure. 

Yea, I am super OCD, and I was almost able to get the FR label for all my platinum jubilee coins.. But I guess not anymore, I just hope I will have my monarch coins back in time for the label for them.

7 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Chonemenos This was actually the first time I had used special label and I really quite like the modern sovereign label. I would not send coins back but to reslab for it. So I will have 1 & 2 sov with modern sov label for this year. Everything else brown boring label :) 

So much better, than fancy label and boring coin

I am sure the coins will arrive eventually. I am just REALLY struggling to understand how it will have taken 4-5 months. I could have built a house in the same amount of time it is taking The Royal Mint to do something they have been doing professionallyfor a 1,000 years ! Has their Head of Operations or Senior Management no shame nor possess even a modicum of professional pride ?

The answer is a resounding, “No.” They are stealing a living by being paid a handsome salary for such laziness.

Edited by Oldun

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

I am sure the coins will arrive eventually. I am just REALLY struggling to understand how it will have taken 4-5 months. I could have built a house in the same amount of time it is taking The Royal Mint to do something they have been doing professionallyfor a 1,000 years ! Has their Head of Operations or Senior Management no shame nor possess even a modicum of professional pride ?

The answer is a resounding, “No.” They are stealing a living by being paid a handsome salary for such laziness.

Not sure, what they are trying to do, with so many releases. Obviously they ain't able to mint so many different coins, like they sell, in such a short time. That's not only milking the customers, there must be another thought behind this. The same with the fact, that weeks, sometimes months after release, coins (like Henry VII silver, 2 OZ silver Britannia...) are available again at the mint. Not one, or two, you even could order multiple ones. 

5 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Not sure, what they are trying to do, with so many releases. Obviously they ain't able to mint so many different coins, like they sell, in such a short time. That's not only milking the customers, there must be another thought behind this. The same with the fact, that weeks, sometimes months after release, coins (like Henry VII silver, 2 OZ silver Britannia...) are available again at the mint. Not one, or two, you even could order multiple ones. 

Yes, my head is spinning and my wallet is thinning out from all these releases!

I think I may know what the RM is doing.  Because quality has completely dropped with all these issues rushed through, we have been returning many, many coins.  I think the RM made a deal with the Royal Mail to give them more business, and now both are raking in the cash. 

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm still waiting to return my damaged item, that hasn't been dispatched yet  

Maybe you should call them and tell them to keep the coin because it's damaged.  Then ask for a replacement and tell them to keep that, too, because it's also damaged.  Then just ask for a refund.

10 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Maybe you should call them and tell them to keep the coin because it's damaged.  Then ask for a replacement and tell them to keep that, too, because it's also damaged.  Then just ask for a refund.

Would save an awful lot of trouble. Cut out the middleman, straight back to the melting pot. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

I am still waiting for my 5 oz. silver Royal Jubilee.  That went on sale back when I entered puberty.

Me too.... Apparently the last batch might be ready to be dispatched next friday. So hopefully they will get here before april lol!

I have got some news about the silver kilos :

Gothic Crown Quartered Arms 2021 UK 1kg Silver Proof Coin,  due on week commencing 25th march
Gothic Crown Portrait 2021 UK 1KG Silver Proof  Coin, due on week commencing 8th April.

I did not get the information for the other variations, but I guess it will be the same periods

On 01/03/2022 at 08:53, jultorsk said:

Sovereign Rarities auction 5 catalogue is up.... Ides of March.

https://auctions.sovr.co.uk/index.php?option=com_timed_auction&auction_id=15&gridtype=listview

Ides of March auction finishing off today. 👀

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.45.15 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.45.32 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

😬

(Hammer + premium 20% plus VAT)

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.40.55 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'll be sending my plain edge portrait back to RM at this rate, looking at these prices ! 

due to be dispatched this week 

I think gold at ATH, inflation, war, fuel, utilities, food, general uncertainty is causing doom'n'gloom-ite-iss to be spreading over into these coin auctions as of late.  Not the same buzz/vibe and consistently high hammer prices being achieved across the board  

I will be HODLing mine for happier times down the road, hopefully a fat daft rich yank wont mind paying me over the odds for it at Heritage Platinum Night sale 😆🤣

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I'll be sending my plain edge portrait back to RM at this rate, looking at these prices ! 

due to be dispatched this week 

I think gold at ATH, inflation, war, fuel, utilities, food, general uncertainty is causing doom'n'gloom-ite-iss to be spreading over into these coin auctions as of late.  Not the same buzz/vibe and consistently high hammer prices being achieved across the board  

I will be HODLing mine for happier times down the road, hopefully a fat daft rich yank wont mind paying me over the odds for it at Heritage Platinum Night sale 😆🤣

I will have it Paul :D