• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

8 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Seems the raw 2oz gold Gothic Arms plain rim just passed at GBP10'000 (+ 16% premium) @ The Coinery.. 

Lots going reasonably cheap there atm.

Presumably it did not get past the reserve price, no sold figure...

Gothic.thumb.jpg.342ae7a354f101fb3f68c2946c22e70b.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Correct, they dropped the start bid from estimate 12k down to 10k in live session and no takers. 🤷‍♂️

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

It dropped to 10,500.00, no? No takers at this price and so it passed.

I thought seeing he set it for 10k and then adjusted up a notch to 10.5k. But yes as mentioned, it passed. 🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Seems the raw 2oz gold Gothic Arms plain rim just passed at GBP10'000 (+ 16% premium) @ The Coinery.. 

Loads of coins are going low, lots of the raw coins seem to be handled / light marks / nFDC looking at the descriptions which I think may put people off. Combined with a being a new small auction I'm not sure it has built up much of an audience? 

Having bids shown in advance and a clear view of the premium price added would make it a more user friendly in my opinion.

The day before the portrait release is probably tough timing too for modern buyers

3 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

Loads of coins are going low, lots of the raw coins seem to be handled / light marks / nFDC looking at the descriptions which I think may put people off. Combined with a being a new small auction I'm not sure it has built up much of an audience? 

Having bids shown in advance and a clear view of the premium price added would make it a more user friendly in my opinion.

The day before the portrait release is probably tough timing too for modern buyers

i had not heard of this company/auction prior to spotting it mentioned on a bookface " flippers collectors group"

Just now, sovtsf said:

I wouldn't read too much into considering so many factors against this example, look at the last gothic reeded that sold for over £20k at heritage

im not really arsed what the short term noise is like this year as market settles, im HODL'ing it 

this would be one my last coins to sell. its gorgeous in hand 

Just now, Paul said:

i had not heard of this company/auction prior to spotting it mentioned on a bookface " flippers collectors group"

They even said in the group about a lot of customers are from that group so I imagine most who wanted one had one already if that's the case

18 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Which is totally unsurprising. I imagine no actual coin collector, vs speculator or as an investment, I think will want half of a pair..

Anyone offering these for sale individually, is really really foolish - imho

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

not very encouraging :( 

No takers. because it was NOT part of the pair.?. and really really silly timing on behalf of the seller... The POrtraits are out tomorrow.

But, no one can get a Portrait plain edge from RM  tomorrow.

people would have to buy plain edge Portait on the secondary market.. Anyone buying this Quartered Arms coin, at this auction, might find it extremely difficult to get the Portrait, nigh impossible, and might have to pay through the nose..

And thus everyone passed on it.. And I don't think that many people even new about it..

If you want to sell high value items at auction, you need to sell it in an auction alongside other high value items.. I suspect the first pair of these coins, no doubt graded. that are sold as a pair, say at Heritage Auctions, Will do rather well..!

IMHO

44 minutes ago, Paul said:

not very encouraging :( 

surely this trend is great news for collectors?

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

50 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Don’t think it’s sold

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

Just saw my accounts been debited 260 quid so guess I can stop fretting over wher I'm getting my portrait! Hopefully delivery will go like the double panther

I had the same too, but not sure whether it's for quartered arms or portrait,I had ordered both..... and both were in open orders

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

It’s been going a while and has previously had some great coins sold

there is quite a bit not selling today though

29 minutes ago, Paul said:

The format is easy live/ saleroom sites format, no problem. Difference with these sites are they are a fraction of the price of ordinary auction sites when it comes to fees which is why they are popular. 30percent plus now on most sites … 16 on this one.

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

Don’t think it’s sold

I guess I was unclear in my message. What I meant the lot was passed, as in, did not sell.

8 minutes ago, Petra said:

The format is easy live/ saleroom sites format, no problem. Difference with these sites are they are a fraction of the price of ordinary auction sites when it comes to fees which is why they are popular. 30percent plus now on most sites … 16 on this one.

Coins of the Realm and Coin Cabinet don’t charge any buyer’s fee and the sellers fee depends on the item but are generally around the 8-10% plus VAT mark.