• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

4 minutes ago, matt1r said:

So people that didn’t select the second coin are getting the opportunity? 
There’s going to be none left on release 😂

I've bought all mine on the secondary market, so am gonna get properly gouged now when looking to pick up the next coin!

I had thought there would be a small chance of a low queue number!

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

I've bought all mine on the secondary market, so am gonna get properly gouged now when looking to pick up the next coin!

I had thought there would be a small chance of a low queue 

Ahhh actually never considered that...genuine people like yourself ffs.

If its any consolation....@Silverman2U is up sheet creek without a paddle or a boat.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

While I appreciate the upside to the RM doing this for those collecting the series who didn't opt for the continuity option - I think its just another slap in the face to the collectors who lost out on the day coin 1 was released. I'm angry for anyone who is in that position and will now absolutely have to pay the flippers to complete their set. The RM has to be aware that these are being bought up enmasse by flippers so they must be aware who benefits from this. Sure its easier for them but in the end by and large this will just screw the collectors.

11 minutes ago, matt1r said:

So people that didn’t select the second coin are getting the opportunity? 
There’s going to be none left on release 😂

People like me never got the opportunity as the sets where all gone.

Only thing is, if I hold one half of a potential matched pair and someone else the other - who blinks first? I've been know to be very stubborn :D 

You could always play checkers?

With yourself of course 😁

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Only thing is, if I hold one half of a potential matched pair and someone else the other - who blinks first? I've been know to be very stubborn :D 

I think that is probably not going to be too likely for the potrait, but if it does happen, mabye consider marry them, then you can appericate both coins😉.

Just now, SilverJacks said:

What would be interesting is if RM ask for proof that you still have the Quartered arms... May seem unlikely, but not unreasonable imo.

I'm considering calling them to see if they would accept some kind of "proof" of ownership of the 1st coin, but not holding out much hope

2 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

What would be interesting is if RM ask for proof that you still have the Quartered arms... May seem unlikely, but not unreasonable imo.

An interesting twist👍

Just now, paulmerton said:

That would be excellent! Probably unlikely though.

I think it's highly unlikely, I was told that due to the volume they are going to ask the customer service to call everyone that bought the first coin, I think it would just be way too much work for the mint. Oh and paul, the release day, how did you come up with that, is it actually for real? Just curious, why you might want to refuse the potrait, as you would only have half of a coin technically?

I'm considering calling them to see if they would accept some kind of "proof" of ownership of the 1st coin, but not holding out much hope

Now stop you getting creative when you know you can have mine for 2k.

We see now my email gets lost in their junk box😁

Just now, James32 said:

Now stop you getting creative when you know you can have mine for 2k.

We see now my email gets lost in their junk box😁

I was happy.

Dont make me now worry about the Royal mints incompetence!

They will call me, they will call me...

4 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I acutally asked the question, because I really wanted a gold set, they said no.... But of course things might have changed

Just now, NewCoins said:

I was happy.

Dont make me now worry about the Royal mints incompetence!

They will call me, they will call me...

Within 5 days I believe?

My luck it will be at 2am and I miss it.