• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

@Ducat916

I have an issue with my portrait as well and it will be going back.

I had the same with Quarter Arms as well and I spoke to CS, they said no go for a replacement which was annoying and probably illegal in some fashion.

However, I just used the online method and printed a label and sent it back with no dealings with any people and got a new (decent) one sent back shortly after! 

Am going to do the same with Portrait.

It is a pity they can’t send out replcement coins as easily as a box! You would think, after 1,000 years of existence, they would take more care over their products and customers, regarding proof coins. All we see so far is a bunch of words and no change when rubber actually meets the road.

The RM’s Quality Control Department is clearly defective. The time spent checking the coins by eye is lacking, or the staff are in need of training or extra tools.

The same goes for their packaging department. Why doesn’t the Head and senior management of The RM anonymously order proof coins on every issue themselves to see what turns up at their door to be able to see it properly from the customers’ point of view ?

Edited by Oldun

If the mint are able to come here and read this, would it not be great for them to make an account and engage with the customers?

Do we already have a collective thread dedicated to sharing photo's and information on quality issue, returns, unexpected refunds, the website's relentless faults?

78av.gif

3 hours ago, Ducat916 said:

I too have had issues with the 2oz Gothic Portrait. Arrived with no filler padding in the outer box, capsule open & some missing frosting on the coin (exact same place as @BackyardBullioncoin), didn't even have QC label anywhere.

I'm in a dilemma, do I return the coin & risk getting an even worse one back or possibly no replacement at all.

I rang RM customer service today & spoke to a very nice lady, i was very polite & absolutely not having a go at customer service staff. In return, she listened to every issue & will put an explanation on my order. As to what to do, she said she would have to speak to a manager. I mentioned I'd seen lots of issues with this coin including @BackyardBullion YouTube video & that my coin has the exact same issues.

I asked what can be done, can they be re-mint & I get a replacement. She said they'd seen plenty of issues of the coin online but the coins were sold out & she couldn't guarantee me a replacement, this would have to decided at a higher level & I got the impression that they'd been informed of so many issues, a meeting at RM may be held to decide what to do.

As with others, this is a 2 coin set so don't really just want a refund.

She advised to ring back on Monday when they may have more news of a way forward with these coins.

She was extremely helpful & I feel for the customer services staff, having to not only deal with a huge amount of releases (there's the FA cup coin on Monday) but they also have to deal with more calls generated by sub par coins.

I can only hope they deal with an ordinary person lucky enough to get one one these coins, myself, the same way they deal with the big RM spenders - I really hope they re-mint these & do a proper QC check before sending out 🤞

Thanks for sharing, some useful bits of info there 

look forward to your update monday ! 

Edited by magpie79

15 hours ago, apachebleu said:

Hmm, interesting price, seem cheap?

Screenshot_20220212-143955_eBay.jpg

Oooof I have both of my set listed for the same price on eBay. Makes me wonder if I should get them graded instead.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

With the shear valve of just the 2oz silver arms and gothic alone rrp is just shy of £2.1million why haven't they brought in automated qc controls that photos each coin prior to packing and rejects any that are damaged or have imperfections? . Most if not all car manufacturers do it to make sure holes are in the right place any defect is then flagged up. 

On 11/02/2022 at 09:59, RiverbankSilver said:

After seeing many coins in a worse state than mine on here and other social platforms. I just can’t make my mind up… send my coin back for a replacement or not?

What are your thoughts on if I sent this coin in for grading? The coin itself isn’t too bad compared to many I have seen but obviously the capsule is shot and no good at all.
Thanks in advance to any opinions 

AA3EF76D-CCFB-4AD1-B260-EC7EA3C9EE62.thumb.jpeg.20a0af2e845afced3445baf97664fe03.jpeg9794BCCD-AF7F-4E8A-BF0C-373FEBE27473.thumb.jpeg.7f7b6dd8b4eeb161b50d8fe3457229ae.jpegB21C33D8-DB1A-422A-ADA0-170B6F724463.thumb.jpeg.d260f4fdf375add2db71f7796e615cbb.jpeg5D79DD73-CA87-4C46-BCF5-B09BC0AB5A18.thumb.jpeg.b59f31b901ff12de408e5e3725e5224e.jpeg2D455678-5342-4E26-AC27-01EC06FB98A9.thumb.jpeg.e579bd0dbc9fb49ec012533bcb21fa92.jpeg

Personally I would keep it the rim marks won’t effect the grade and the other parts are minor on the frosting and production based. I would say a chance of a 70, I have had worst 70s. My experience of returns can be long waits at best and refunds at worst although some have managed quick replacements I never have. 

7 hours ago, Alz111 said:

I think the delivery issues definitely needs sorting out 

New customer relation management sounds like jargon for a Chatbot, well that's helpful....

I'm glad they are taking the time to send a mass email of vagaries and nondescript pr speak to marque customers, I'm sure that makes them feel reassured the tens of thousands they spend are valued. 

Regardless of the content the mint owe an apology to a lot of people and its frustrating to see they don't value other customers enough to even send them this token gesture. Would it be so hard to come here and give an update in a closely moderated thread?

And of course quality control is not mentioned

34 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Its stupid I am still waiting on both my 5oz Gothics...

I think my 5oz portrait has been dispatched , despite still waiting for the arms version... crazy.

I'm just in the process of sending my 2oz gold portrait back due to quality issues. and my 2oz gold arms got a 69 grade, so not much luck with this series for me.

12 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Been told the Quartered arms on shelf 18th Feb and the Portrait 1st April.. WTF

Both 5oz? 😞

For a release that everyone knew would be an instant sell out the demands that RM have put on themselves clearly means they are constantly behind.

Edited by NewCoins