• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

13 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

With them being available again for a few hours.  Many posts of Facebook and here.  Limited mintage and still not sold out could see it being a flop but time will tell

That happened on the 3Gs as well... briefly... and FB, probably the people who couldn't get one moaning about it hahaha.... like all these releases time will tell whether it wins or not... when Una was released it didn't do well... now look at them

I think if anyone is hoping and expecting these to be another Una and lion making them 1000's £ profit you might be in for a long haul for that.

These coins are just the start of what will inevitably be an incredibly popular series (in my opinion). 

Any remaining coins will sell over the coming weeks and then will be unavailable. Once people start seeing them in the flesh and more exposure happens through natural marketing and existence of the set the subsequent ones will be popular.

The first issue of the 1/4 Oz queen's Beasts proofs had a mintage of 2500 from memory, finishing with 1000 or 1250 by the end. So for these to have similar or lower mintages says that they are serious coins to consider in my book. 

The mint has learned from the past, take Peter rabbit, 15,000 mintage for the 2016 and it went parabolic. They made 45,000 for 2017, total flop.

The Royal Mint get a lot of brown stuff thrown at them - including by myself but they have some good moments too and I think this is a set and series to be applauded and hopefully if quality is up to the standard then desired too.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

38 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I think if anyone is hoping and expecting these to be another Una and lion making them 1000's £ profit you might be in for a long haul for that.

These coins are just the start of what will inevitably be an incredibly popular series (in my opinion). 

Any remaining coins will sell over the coming weeks and then will be unavailable. Once people start seeing them in the flesh and more exposure happens through natural marketing and existence of the set the subsequent ones will be popular.

The first issue of the 1/4 Oz queen's Beasts proofs had a mintage of 2500 from memory, finishing with 1000 or 1250 by the end. So for these to have similar or lower mintages says that they are serious coins to consider in my book. 

The mint has learned from the past, take Peter rabbit, 15,000 mintage for the 2016 and it went parabolic. They made 45,000 for 2017, total flop.

The Royal Mint get a lot of brown stuff thrown at them - including by myself but they have some good moments too and I think this is a set and series to be applauded and hopefully if quality is up to the standard then desired too.

For all my own negative thoughts on the RM's QC I very much agree. I wasn't around for the start of the QB coins but I was around to see just how popular and sought after those early coins became as the years ticked on and more people gained an interest in the series. I do expect these will be the same. For anyone confident enough to buy they are definitely ones to hold and its hard to imagine people will lose long term.

Managed to lock in a cheeky 2 oz 10 coin series set and a few 5 oz today :) personally I still don't think any of the coins are actually out of stock today - they seem to be releasing them in subsets of the overall mintage so just keep checking intermittently if you want to buy some.

Edited by GreatBritishBullion

58 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Not expecting it... but certainly looking at these as a strong longer term vehicle as part of a stacking/collecting strategy... 🙂 . Investing in something with high premiums always a risk and for me, personally, compliments the other older items I like to hold which manages that "wealth" preservation philosophy 

Edited by Rll1288

Just got a text and email, from Royal Mail, saying my delivery from TRM Ltd. (Google: "an expert remediation contractor working on contaminated land and brownfield projects throughout the UK and Ireland") is on the way... I'm hoping it's my 1/4oz, but it may be that piece of sod/turf from Sellafield I ordered :) 

I am thinking because i complained about the postage I got preferential treatment LOL. ;) 
Plus I might be locked in to 4 sets for the next 5 years so they wanted that complete first??

Makes no odds if the spot is £50 as people will still be buying - so I can flip them. ;)
Just wait for the spot to go back down and buy it back 3 months later. 

Delivery of all of them tomorrow.
I think a lot of people on the RM are working over time this week. :)

Edited by Stacktastic

6 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

AM said my silver been picked and may go out tomorrow or if not Monday ... 1oz Gold on its way tomorrow

Ahh that's good then ,thanks.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I suspect that some of these will be from people ordering multiples and the limit only being one per household.

My first 1/4 oz gold turning up tomorrow. I don't think there's a limit per household though as I rang RM today and they confirmed  I've got 3 1/4 Ozs on the way in total. Its 1 one more than I wanted buy hey ho - at least if I get a duff one I can send it back straight away for a refund.

Not sure when my 10z and 20z silvers are turning up either from Koin club or RM? 

15 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

I don’t know what I’ve ordered but I’ve had 4 emails with different tracking numbers for delivery tomorrow 

😅😅 well it will be a welcomed surprise I guess.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

Just got a text and email, from Royal Mail, saying my delivery from TRM Ltd. (Google: "an expert remediation contractor working on contaminated land and brownfield projects throughout the UK and Ireland") is on the way... I'm hoping it's my 1/4oz, but it may be that piece of sod/turf from Sellafield I ordered :) 

I had one of those... thought it might be a Scam Text! 😂

Strangely enough though, still nothing showing for orders when I log in to my Royal Mint site account - curious... 🤔

Edited by Scootermuppet
added account comment

8 hours ago, caf84 said:

I hadn't appreciated until this thread started the popularity of the QB BUNCs. Judging solely from ebay, some of the early releases are worth more than their 1oz silver counterpart.

I'm glad I buy them now!

Yeah I saw someone else mention this on a more general coin group and was surprised to then search and see that myself. I never thought much of those BUNC coins but will now also purchase them for this series.