• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

3 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Since most of us are getting there orders what’s everyone’s opinions on grading 

thanks 

So, The problem I face is that I have a nice box coming with all the coins, so it would feel bad to send for grading and not have the box - but I suppose the box can be sold to someone though. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

AMAZING 

No milk, no scratches and perfect coins.

WELL DONE ROYAL MINT

This set is stunning and will be a winner in my opinion. 

Video tomorrow showcasing the 1 oz and 10 oz coins.

WOW, impressed. 

PXL_20211009_104553974.jpg

PXL_20211009_104543608.jpg

PXL_20211009_104629533.jpg

PXL_20211009_104634865.jpg

PXL_20211009_104651649.jpg

PXL_20211009_104656454.jpg

PXL_20211009_104716343.jpg

PXL_20211009_104722873.jpg

PXL_20211009_104730973.jpg

PXL_20211009_104753504.jpg

I got a quality control sticker ("QC 73") one of my 1/4 OZ's so maybe they are upping the quality control process?

Just now, blackadder said:

Okay what the hell :P  i just bought afew of the 1oz ones :) guess i'll be collecting another set lol.

Hahaha, only got the 1 x1oz 10 coin set myself.  But currently have another two 1oz singles in my basket contemplating lol.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Hahaha, only got the 1 x1oz 10 coin set myself.  But currently have another two 1oz singles in my basket contemplating lol.

I bought one 1oz on Thursday then bought another that night. I paid the postage twice but I think these will be a stunning new collection.

I’m planning to grade one and keep one as it is.

2 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I bought one 1oz on Thursday then bought another that night. I paid the postage twice but I think these will be a stunning new collection.

I’m planning to grade one and keep one as it is.

Yeah I strongly thinking of heading Down that route myself. 

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Might go back and order the ten set myself for the box lol,and sell one of the 1oz ones hmm.

How does it work with the ten set?

I’m assuming it guarantees that you get the other nine when released and RM charge you on each release?

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Might go back and order the ten set myself for the box lol,and sell one of the 1oz ones hmm.

Not sure there is any sets left(could be wrong as it's not the most intuitive site in the world) think it might just be single 1ozs now.

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Not sure there is any sets left(could be wrong as it's not the most intuitive site in the world) think it might just be single 1ozs now.

Just says Awaiting Stock etc

3 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I’m assuming it guarantees that you get the other nine when released and RM charge you on each release?

Yeah more or less :)

Just now, Foster88 said:

Yeah that exactly how it works. And takes the guess work and stress of queuing on the day (for the website to throw you back out a few times empty handed lol) in my case its worthwhile,well unless silver jumps to £200+ in 5 years (that will be one hell of an expensive 1oz proof coin)

8 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Ok ordered the ten set too,Only seem to have taken the £5 postage and not the full price.Plus meant to be free postage lol 😂

Yeah they did that to me also but dont worry they will take the full money close to dispatch. As for the postage (I thought it was free too,but another member said they told them on phone that it's just the two oz or gold that qualifies for free postage)

Edited by James32
Spelling

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah they did that to me also but dont worry they will take the full money close to dispatch. As for the postage (I thought it was free too,but another member said they told them on phone that it's just the two oz or gold that qualifies for free postage)

Free postage – look forward to receiving each coin with no postage to pay.

Shouldnt really copy and paste the same description then should they.Clearly states free on that description lol :P

Well, number 2348 has landed! 😁 1oz silver proof, along with 2 bunc £5 coins…

Hope they show up in the post, not added any pictures here on the iPad before 🤔

0D7571AE-EC07-4685-A86D-39AC29B0A637.jpeg

8BDC68B8-D42C-4CF8-88A8-73EDB6EAE1E5.jpeg

hoping the marks visible are dust etc on the capsule - newbie question, is it ok to open capsule to view the surface of the coin? I know not to touch without cotton gloves, or at all if possible, but not sure about opening the capsule…? Thanks

Bob

Edited by Scootermuppet
Extra words…

… and here’s the bunc £5 ones.

Nice packaging too, again not had any in the RM packaging before, although I do have some bunc 50p coins, just the coins, not packaged up. Anyone else collect 50p’s? 🤔

Another newbie question I’m afraid - is it better to leave them sealed rather than removing from the outer film packet to view the packaging? 🤔

….Blimey, this collecting lark is far more complicated than stacking bullion! 😂😂

911F0CD8-FA37-4580-B5E8-937C0F7BEF27.jpeg

B737A443-D6D1-4C7E-A35B-82DA54CF6426.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

ok my silver ones haven't arrived yet but the 1oz Gold has... Stunning

IMG_0276.jpg:

Oooooh that IS stunning…

… out of my league at present, but maybe one day 🙂👍 I’m chuffed with my 1oz silver though, was worth all the hassle with invisible accounts and held payments - providing I get the money for the first order back that is! 😳