• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

45 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Ah I could have got a few of these sent to our place in Europe - but isnt this the really c**p dealer with rude staff?

out of interest whats the policy if you decide to cancel it as i have 4 sets. 
Just occurred to me if the spot goes to £50 im screwed. ;)

It's the 'fine unless you have a problem with your order, in which case we will set a screaming banshee on you' dealer.

I've cancelled the second of a two coin set (after delivery) before no problem - each purchase should give you a return/cancel window as per normal. They are so inept however that that may try to send/charge you for one in subsequent years even if you cancelled, which is what happened to me on a two-coin set and might be a major pain.

Edited by kimchi

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Please don't forget us peasants here at the Silver Forum when you ascend Your Holiness!

(Although I do believe I get a finder's fee, I'll look into that now :))

😭😭😭😭 well I couldn't care less now if I ever receive the coin,  as that comment was worth the entry price alone (if they ever take it that is) i now have to try and explain to my wife what I find so funny.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I believe that for the next 5 years, every 6 months or so, coin forums and social media will be plastered with photos of the TB box gradually being filled with coins.  Not only will the coins become more desirable, but the RM box included. If you grade and sell the coins individually, I think they might actually become less attractive. Whether planned or by accident, this might become a game changer. 

1 minute ago, Ashwin said:

I believe that for the next 5 years, every 6 months or so, coin forums and social media will be plastered with photos of the TB box gradually being filled with coins.  Not only will the coins become more desirable, but the RM box included. If you grade and sell the coins individually, I think they might actually become less attractive. Whether planned or by accident, this might become a game changer. 

As long as it's not a Tony the tiger effort from a cereal packet (follow the cutting lines to make your own lol) you could infact be on to something. 

40 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Ah I could have got a few of these sent to our place in Europe - but isnt this the really c**p dealer with rude staff?

out of interest whats the policy if you decide to cancel it as i have 4 sets. 
Just occurred to me if the spot goes to £50 im screwed. ;)

I'm even later than you lol......in five years their could be a £500 payment (twice that year infact for both coins released) for a 1oz silver proof coin 😁

12 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Just got a notification that payment for the 1/4oz has now been taken, the full £650, so now very confused over the earlier £5 charge... 

It's for post pal...apparently only the two oz silver have free post.

£5 came out of my bank too but haven't taken the full payment yet.

I should just point out to everyone with the continuity 10 coin orders that the boxes will be coming with coin 2 of each set, not coin one.

I can forsee a lot of people moaning about this, but it is clearly mentioned in the descriptions of the listings.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Just checked after your message (my full payment has now been taken)

8 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I should just point out to everyone with the continuity 10 coin orders that the boxes will be coming with coin 2 of each set, not coin one.

I can forsee a lot of people moaning about this, but it is clearly mentioned in the descriptions of the listings.

Has the RM ever done this for a series before, and if so, do you have any idea what the box is like?

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Has the RM ever done this for a series before, and if so, do you have any idea what the box is like?

Nope, I'm going off the box from the 2 Oz set that I had issues with last time - in all fairness to the Royal Mint, it was a stunning gloss finish box and I think will be well worth it considering it is essentially a free box.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

12 minutes ago, James32 said:

According to [https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/quarter-ounce-gold-proof-coin-ten-coin-series/]

"Free postage – look forward to receiving each coin with no postage to pay"

The email receipt also lists the delivery total as £0.00

I'm thinking the £5 was the postage charge for the earlier (failed) attempt at buying the 1oz silver proof, which does not appear to have processed correctly. I'll call / email tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

When I click on the ukcoins link it takes me directly to RM

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

When I click on the ukcoins link it takes me directly to RM

Although its interesting that crawlycoins are already on sale and seems to be in stock...how that's possible is beyond me.

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

Did anyone take the plunge on the 2oz gold today ???

Just got in from work so have missed all the hype

I didn't bother with any..just don't like the Panther....its bland...and after the QB's problems..didnt want to buy any of the silver coins .... dont want to receive a Dairy bar kid coin!!! Hope for all those that bought the quality is much better...

2 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

Is there going to be anything less than a 1oz Silver coin series of the TB available in the 10 coin subscription? 

Give it a year or so and they will probably knock out the 1/4 oz set..5 years...a TB Completer...

3 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

Is there going to be anything less than a 1oz Silver coin series of the TB available in the 10 coin subscription? 

Perhaps at the end of the series they will release a 1/4 Oz silver proof like they did with the Queen’s Beasts. 

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Did anyone take the plunge on the 2oz gold today ???

Just got in from work so have missed all the hype

I keep the powder dry for the Gothic Crown and Sovereign 2022.

I am not fond of this design but I just ordered the 1oz and 2oz silver hoping the next designs will be better

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

I keep the powder dry for the Gothic Crown and Sovereign 2022.

I am not fond of this design but I just ordered the 1oz and 2oz silver hoping the next designs will be better

I had this in my head to, think more potential in these two you mention 100% over the new beastys of today.

hope you are well Lionel :)