• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

10 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

When compared to some of the best coins from the mint..spacer.png

Nice....I don't think much thought has gone into this new series of TB's if the RM really wanted to do something different...a beautiful Tudor font would have made a big difference to the value and collectable desire for these.

But as always its...get these coins out fast so the RM can squeeze out evey penny from us who go mad over these sets...(Not me) I hasent to add....

But, I'm not a graphic designer or  coin designer so what do I know?..but I believe they have dropped the ball big time by using a plain ,boring font on this series..🥱🥱

18 minutes ago, Dan12345 said:

Now that is a cracking design. 

Yes that's the route the RM should have gone for regarding the font style....give me a job there.. I'd sort their designer's out and point them in a new fresh direction....😉😉😉😉😉

I really like how the Panther was visually personified, particularly on the physical coin, but have to agree that RM could have used a Tudor type font as seen above🙄. It looks like RM were going for a modern classic 'clean and tidy' approach with a san serif font and it appears this approach is what's dividing opinion🤔🙄.

Edited by Shell

I personally think there would be an equal amount of people that would not like the Tudor font. The problem is the design is pretty contemporary and if it had the Tudor font on it then the design would have to be very different. 

It's swings and roundabouts. Not everyone loved the queen's Beasts.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

25 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I personally think there would be an equal amount of people that would not like the Tudor font. The problem is the design is pretty contemporary and if it had the Tudor font on it then the design would have to be very different. 

Yeah that's true 👍 and besides it doesn't really matter if everyone agrees. As long as enough agree (and considering the mintage numbers versus the UK population + percentage of Europe and america) then easily plausible. keep hold long term then as the old adage goes "people want what they can't have" 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

26 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I totally disagree..with respect BYB the TB's needed to be new,non contemporary a fresh approach that reflects the 1989 design... having a Tudor font wouldn't make any difference to the design....the font is boring..they needed to inject a different design.. the Panther is bland..having the font of Tudor times on retro basis Tudor coinage would have made a significant difference.  When I look at the Seymour Panther..my eyes are drawn to the font...modern,basic..and puts me off purchasing this set...how hard would it have been to choose a different font to reflect the Tudor era/design of this new set...it would have made a big difference.. imo and reading the comments  on TSF this series is a 50/50 split whether to purchase this coin/series..not to mention the quality of the coins..and ive seen some with milkspots already...

Regards.

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah that's true 👍 and besides it doesn't really matter if everyone agrees. As long as enough agree (and considering the mintage numbers versus the UK population + percentage of Europe and america) then easily plausible. keep hold long term then as the old adage goes "people want what they can't have" 

Well I can have it but don't want it..so blows your comment out of the water..with respect.... everytime there is a new release..there is always going to be likes and dislikes...that's life...everyone entitled to their own opinion...and that is why I love this site and conversing with members with different opinions..🙂🙂🙂🙂

10 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I totally disagree..with respect BYB the TB's needed to be new,non contemporary a fresh approach that reflects the 1989 design... having a Tudor font wouldn't make any difference to the design....the font is boring..they needed to inject a different design.. the Panther is bland..having the font of Tudor times on retro basis Tudor coinage would have made a significant difference.  When I look at the Seymour Panther..my eyes are drawn to the font...modern,basic..and puts me off purchasing this set...how hard would it have been to choose a different font to reflect the Tudor era/design of this new set...it would have made a big difference.. imo and reading the comments  on TSF this series is a 50/50 split whether to purchase this coin/series..not to mention the quality of the coins..and ive seen some with milkspots already...

Regards.

We can just agree to disagree, the beauty of discussing topics on the internet 😜

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Apologies if I missed the answer to this question somewhere but will there be a good ol' fashioned 2oz Bullion version released??

I mean don't get me wrong I'm pretty tight anyway but more so that 'proofs' most definitely don't float my boat at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

32 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Well I can have it but don't want it..so blows your comment out of the water..with respect.... everytime there is a new release..there is always going to be likes and dislikes...that's life...everyone entitled to their own opinion...and that is why I love this site and conversing with members with different opinions..🙂🙂🙂🙂

You actually haven't blown much anywhere lol...you can have it now sure and many in your position have chosen the same as you and each to their own.my point isn't about now though its about in 5 years when the full collection is out with better coins in the series to come then more people will want the full collection just like they do now with the queens beasts. Dont get me wrong I'm not overly ecstatic with the panther myself but I'd rather be in at the ground floor of the collection and fully expect improvements with each one released. We all buy things that either become a success or a complete failure and Im 99% sure you have some coins or bars in your possession that are completely sterile and do nothing for you but you still have them or sold at a loss.but that's the beauty off collecting stuff.

38 minutes ago, James32 said:

You actually haven't blown much anywhere lol...you can have it now sure and many in your position have chosen the same as you and each to their own.my point isn't about now though its about in 5 years when the full collection is out with better coins in the series to come then more people will want the full collection just like they do now with the queens beasts. Dont get me wrong I'm not overly ecstatic with the panther myself but I'd rather be in at the ground floor of the collection and fully expect improvements with each one released. We all buy things that either become a success or a complete failure and Im 99% sure you have some coins or bars in your possession that are completely sterile and do nothing for you but you still have them or sold at a loss.but that's the beauty off collecting stuff.

Who knows..I see the 10 QB's still being advertised on sites in all denominations silver n gold...with prices not that much over their original prices...with no takers...the completer you can buy on most dealers sites and fleabay cheaper now when they first come out..due to spot prices going down...I'm just a person who is not going to go mad over these new releases...and doesn't get caught up in the hype..might bite me in the butt in 5 years..but how many diff releases are there going to be in the next 5 years, and not being morbid..we might not be here lol.. ....I'd rather invest in sovs because I know that in 5 years they are going to be easier to liquidate that a 10 coin set of QB's or TB's..but just my opinion ...

Regards

7 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Who knows..I see the 10 QB's still being advertised on sites in all denominations silver n gold...with prices not that much over their original prices...with no takers...the completer you can buy on most dealers sites and fleabay cheaper now when they first come out..due to spot prices going down...I'm just a person who is not going to go mad over these new releases...and doesn't get caught up in the hype..might bite me in the butt in 5 years..but how many diff releases are there going to be in the next 5 years, and not being morbid..we might not be here lol.. ....I'd rather invest in sovs because I know that in 5 years they are going to be easier to liquidate that a 10 coin set of QB's or TB's..but just my opinion ...

Regards

Yeah I've a modest amount I can liquidate tomorrow if needs be but that's all locked away and hardly ever looked at if at all. Personally I need shiny stuff and new interests to keep my enthusiasm going and my taste changes every few years. I try and keep things interesting or what's the actual point of collecting.some things stay some go and a bit gets traded here and there and worst case scenario if the collection is a total flop then what have I actually lost?? A few pound and a bit of time and energy collecting?? We loose money and time every day (unless you are completely self sustainable) but that's life I guess and all part of the each individuals journey. Best wishes.

31 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Who knows..I see the 10 QB's still being advertised on sites in all denominations silver n gold...with prices not that much over their original prices...with no takers...the completer you can buy on most dealers sites and fleabay cheaper now when they first come out..due to spot prices going down...

The proof or even the bullion Queens Beasts don’t so much really follow the price of spot.

If you want silver cheap then buy scrap silver. That works for some perfectly well, I’ve even bought some myself.

Look at the prices, for example, of the two previous engravers silver coins, £185 to buy for a 2oz from RM and you can’t buy these now for less than £1,000.

Some like the design of the Tudor Beasts, some don’t. I imagine when the first Queens Beasts were released in 2016 that they might have been a little slow off the ground.

I wouldn’t worry yourself too much about a new series that A: you don’t like the design of and B: you haven’t bought into and have no intention to.

Its all part of the fun and interest of many on the forum. I’ve been here a number of years now and some buy to flip, some buy to own for a long time, some buy to hand down and some pay a hefty premium for a rare sovereign.

Just live and let live and let others choose what they want to buy and enjoy.

Not sure what's happening with my order..I had placed a silver and gold coin in 2 separate orders. Silver is showing in open orders. Gold has completely disappeared, not in open or closed. Money is pending in my bank account, not no dispatch email or message. Anyone else having this issue??

28 minutes ago, AR03 said:

Not sure what's happening with my order..I had placed a silver and gold coin in 2 separate orders. Silver is showing in open orders. Gold has completely disappeared, not in open or closed. Money is pending in my bank account, not no dispatch email or message. Anyone else having this issue??

Something very similar… 1st order has vanished into the ether, no sign of it on RM system, even customer services couldn’t see it - but money is showing as a hold on my bank account. Did a duplicate telephone order while on the phone to them, that arrived yesterday, but no record of it on my RM account as of yet 🤷

The customer services guy did say they had been having issues with payment on the website, but he wasn’t getting into specifics…

Will be monitoring the return of the held funds next week, and to see if the 1st order appears in my RM account.

Edited by Scootermuppet

4 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Something very similar… 1st order has vanished into the ether, no sign of it on RM system, even customer services couldn’t see it - but money is showing as a hold on my bank account. Did a duplicate telephone order while on the phone to them, that arrived yesterday, but no record of it on my RM account as of yet 🤷

The customer services guy did say they had been having issues with payment on the website, but he wasn’t getting into specifics…

Will be monitoring the return of the held funds next week, and to see if the 1st order appears in my RM account.

Thank you, will have to wait until tomorrow to sort this out...1/4 Oz is sold out, not sure what they are going to do other than saying sorry.

That was pretty much the outcome of my conversation I’m afraid. But at least calling them meant I managed to get my 1oz silver proof & 2 Bunc £5 coins, would have been in the same boat otherwise.

Might be worth kicking up a bit of a fuss (politely, obviously ☺️) when you call, you can tell them you’ve spoken to several others with the same issue and see if there’s any chance of still getting a 1/4 ounce one? 

Fingers crossed for you.

Bob