• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

10 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

If those 5 coin sets aren’t sold out by tomorrow I’m expecting that everyone who would pay over the odds for one will already have a set (or more than one set) and then the PF69 graded ones might be on offer for less than RRP in March/April. With the PF70s just slightly more than RRP. That 1,200 mintage is almost double the previous 5 coin set. 🤔 

Why haven’t the dealers mopped these up?

I think people don’t have the extra cash. We r all worried about our bills. Iv just cancelled my order. 

38 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They're graded by PCGS, who most people will have heard of. The "First Strike" label just means the coin was issued within the first 30 days of the mint's release or something like that.

I have heard of them and didn't realise the connection. Still a poor purchase on my part and can't see me getting my money back in the next decade 

5 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Well, if they didn't sell a lot, maybe they can speed up the despatch time? Mind you, I'm still waiting on my Silver Charles 50p from back in October.

2022-11-15_16-54.png

The amount I’ve cancelled with them due to speed is a joke. Everyone else seems to get there’s months before me. I expect the same in January hence considering canceling my purchases and buying on the secondary Jan-Apr 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

25 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

If those 5 coin sets aren’t sold out by tomorrow I’m expecting that everyone who would pay over the odds for one will already have a set (or more than one set) and then the PF69 graded ones might be on offer for less than RRP in March/April. With the PF70s just slightly more than RRP. That 1,200 mintage is almost double the previous 5 coin set. 🤔 

Why haven’t the dealers mopped these up?

The exact same scenario as the 2022 proof. Didn't sell out rapidly. Everyone got fearful and thought I will just wait because they did not see an instant sell out. The Queen croaked it and what do you know everybody flocked to get one.

If people don't see an instant sell out they wait and when it eventually sells out they get FOMO. 

By the time the coronation comes around you will be sitting pretty with these. Every time RM have hiked price or mintage a few more question this. Those who sat on the side will pay the inflated price. IMO

3 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

The amount I’ve cancelled with them due to speed is a joke. Everyone else seems to get there’s months before me. I expect the same in January hence considering canceling my purchases and buying on the secondary Jan-Apr 

A forum member here is still waiting for an error free 1kg gothic crown for over a year now 

48 minutes ago, Paul said:

Not exactly a runaway success, flying off the shelves to be fair 

I'd argue that it hasn't even been 24hrs - not a bad amount of product shifted... but yes, for the first Sovereign of King Charles III isn't a runaway success either 🤔

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 minute ago, CaptCaveMan said:

I'd argue that it hasn't even been 24hrs - not a bad amount of product shifted... but yes, for the first Sovereign of King Charles III isn't a runaway success either 🤔

it's ok :) it makes perfect sense,I got a set and afew other bits so it was bound to be like this.

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

The exact same scenario as the 2022 proof. Didn't sell out rapidly. Everyone got fearful and thought I will just wait because they did not see an instant sell out. The Queen croaked it and what do you know everybody flocked to get one.

If people don't see an instant sell out they wait and when it eventually sells out they get FOMO. 

By the time the coronation comes around you will be sitting pretty with these. Every time RM have hiked price or mintage a few more question this. Those who sat on the side will pay the inflated price. IMO

This is simply not true. The 2022 proof sovereigns sold rapidly - there was no chance of a 5 set beyond the first few minutes for example.

Mintages were lower (only 700 5 coin sets) and it was a one in a lifetime event,  Platinum Jubilee.

This release pales in comparison in terms of history, rarity and exclusivity. 

1 minute ago, Timberwolf said:

This is simply not true. The 2022 proof sovereigns sold rapidly - there was no chance of a 5 set beyond the first few minutes for example.

Mintages were lower (only 700 5 coin sets) and it was a one in a lifetime event,  Platinum Jubilee.

It was all far cheaper to,think my sovereign was £575 :)

No they did not. The 2022 proof was on sale for more than a day. If you want to change the rules to the 5 sov set then fair play but talking about the 1 sov. 

Also when the piedfort released nobody took interest. 

The covid sell out releases are over. We are back to reality now. 

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

Leap of faith.

You always have option to return and refund buying direct from RM on new issues 

Hi Paul,

My card has been charged and shows as pending.

Are they just checking cards and then actually charging them in January do you know?

I might keep the faith until January I guess.

Proper “squeaky bum time” on this release 😂 

Cheers 🍻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

Hi Paul,

My card has been charged and shows as pending.

Are they just checking cards and then actually charging them in January do you know?

I might keep the faith until January I guess.

Proper “squeaky bum time” on this release 😂 

Cheers 🍻 

My debit card's been charged as soon as I placed the order. Not  sure about credit cards...

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

6 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

No they did not. The 2022 proof was on sale for more than a day. If you want to change the rules to the 5 sov set then fair play but talking about the 1 sov. 

Also when the piedfort released nobody took interest. 

The covid sell out releases are over. We are back to reality now. 

You are completely wrong and just trying to save face. The 5, 4 and 3 set of the 2022 proof sovereign were instant sell outs. I believe some full sovereign coins appeared back for sale the day later, though these were limited.

Nothing like the 2023 sovereigns we see now, where you can EVERY SINGLE COIN (5set, 4set, 3set included) at 17:22......

Edited by Timberwolf

Maybe if they have drip fed the coins all day,and a limit to one sovereign per order.

plus the longer wait time for the coins,stopped flippers buying tons of everything.

Which in turn has allowed everyone to get something is a good thing.

Maybe 😦🙈

You are completely wrong and just trying to save face. The 5, 4 and 3 set of the 2022 proof soveriegn were instant sell outs. I believe some full sovereign coins appeared back for sale the day later, though these were limited.

You are an idiot