• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

Anybody got any updates on the 4 coin set :) ? Just after launch I was told 7-10 days which ain't happening now. 

I rang about mine today, in theory ready for dispatch by end of this week

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Anybody got any updates on the 4 coin set :) ? Just after launch I was told 7-10 days which ain't happening now. 

Really advise giving a ring asap, not trying to alarm you but just waiting hasn't worked out for others earlier in the thread 🤞🤞

Just now, James32 said:

Really advise giving a ring asap, not trying to alarm you but just waiting hasn't worked out for others earlier in the thread 🤞🤞

Ignore me 😁 didn't see the above comments in time

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@James32 The wait hasn’t been that bad considering they haven’t took the money yet. I just hope it comes issue free 

Yeah, imagine my world where they have had my money for 3 weeks for this set...no coins yet!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

5 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@James32 The wait hasn’t been that bad considering they haven’t took the money yet. I just hope it comes issue free 

Yeah I'm sure any mistakes have been well ironed out by now.

On 06/12/2021 at 18:10, Darr3nG said:

Absolutely gutted! Just called the Royal Mint for an update on both my 4 and 5 coin sets, which had recently moved from open to completed... They cancelled the orders!!!

I was only calling for an update on delivery - there was no email, or call explaining. Just cancelled! They hinted that it was because I had exceeded the household limit, but would not confirm.

The operator was friendly and sympathetic, and has promised that I will receive an email tomorrow to fully explain the cancellation.

He also stated that there is no way for them to fix/reorder, as the 2022 proof sovs have been fully allocated.

That does sound appalling!

Perhaps you could offer to sort their systems out for them, for a small fee. 

😎

Chards

Coins arrived abroad after a long journey that started almost two weeks ago with a three night stay at customs included.

No cushioning inside the box nor taping, as I had asked for many times by email but they arrived safely and all in their capsules with the lids on. One capsule had started to rise up diagonally out of its hole but stayed in ultimately.

They did wrap the second outer box up with brown paper before putting all that into its final outer box. The other outer box was bulked out with a large air bubble cushion.

All coins look clean and mark free upon inspection, so the RM get a pat on the back from me, despite not taping the capsules into their hole as I had requested.

actual coin box, then the RM black box, then the RM picture box, then a cardboard box, then padding with a final outer cardboard box.

Edited by Oldun

12 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

It is weird how sometimes they take the money and sometimes it is when it is dispatched. I paid by CC and they re release funds then charge card at dispatch. Is it right then that paying by debit card they take the money there and then and keep it?

I pay by debit and they always take payment once dispatched which never helps the nerves ! 

Have any of you that have returned your sovereigns, have you been guaranteed a replacement?

I’ll be posting mine back today and even after being assured I’ll receive a replacement I’m still a little worried I might not.

I was told that they are reminted so I shouldn’t worry really.

10 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Have any of you that have returned your sovereigns, have you been guaranteed a replacement?

I’ll be posting mine back today and even after being assured I’ll receive a replacement I’m still a little worried I might not.

I was told that they are reminted so I shouldn’t worry really.

Right so try and follow along 🤣🤣

I contacted Anne jessop thanks to byb and was assured to return and I'd receive a replacement ( a brand new coin not someone else's return)

Away it went in the post near three weeks ago and received no correspondence to say it was received at all ( only a phone call rectified that)

Sent some emails over the weeks but the answers have long dried up lol.

Rang today and have been assured that all is well and my account is marked for a replacement not refund and will be dispatched as soon as it is ready which I assume means re-struck so I'm happy enough.

Ps, hold on I'm not done lol, shortly after my call all my previous emails started coincidentally getting responded to.

The last email said what the call did except for my order will be dispatched as soon as they get stock back in ???

Now I'm left wondering back in from where lol 🤷‍♂️

I have faith that it will be rectified though and can appreciate the absolute mania/stress the mint must be under with orders and returns from the panther/sovs/gothic crowns.

Whilst I have both answered and unanswered you're question, I'm afraid it's the best I can do🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, James32 said:

Right so try and follow along 🤣🤣

I contacted Anne jessop thanks to byb and was assured to return and I'd receive a replacement ( a brand new coin not someone else's return)

Away it went in the post near three weeks ago and received no correspondence to say it was received at all ( only a phone call rectified that)

Sent some emails over the weeks but the answers have long dried up lol.

Rang today and have been assured that all is well and my account is marked for a replacement not refund and will be dispatched as soon as it is ready which I assume means re-struck so I'm happy enough.

Ps, hold on I'm not done lol, shortly after my call all my previous emails started coincidentally getting responded to.

The last email said what the call did except for my order will be dispatched as soon as they get stock back in ???

Now I'm left wondering back in from where lol 🤷‍♂️

I have faith that it will be rectified though and can appreciate the absolute mania/stress the mint must be under with orders and returns from the panther/sovs/gothic crowns.

Whilst I have both answered and unanswered you're question, I'm afraid it's the best I can do🤣🤣

It is hopefully straightforward. You are speaking to people working in distribution who work separately from production. So when they say they are waiting for 'stock to come in' it means the shelves to be filled by production so that they can then cover off the distribution. Different parts of the business.

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It is hopefully straightforward. You are speaking to people working in distribution who work separately from production. So when they say they are waiting for 'stock to come in' it means the shelves to be filled by production so that they can then cover off the distribution. Different parts of the business.

Either way, I'm not sure I'd fancy returning something so special unless I had written confirmation that it will definitely be replaced - along with what they'll do if they fail to meet that promise for any reason.

Edited by paulmerton
accidentally a word out

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Ahh OK that makes perfect sense.

I sometimes forget the size the RM must be.

All will come good soon enough. 

Just now, paulmerton said:

Either way, I'm not sure I'd fancy returning something so special unless I had written confirmation that it will definitely be replaced - along with what they'll do if fail to meet that promise for any reason.

I agree. I would never ever return a coin before having clarity that it would be exchanged. I would never just tick the ‘replace’ box as that does not guarantee anything.

If the suggestion from the Mint was that it would be refunded and not replaced, I would just keep it if it was a scarce coin that continued my collection. That has thankfully not happened yet.

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Either way, I'm not sure I'd fancy returning something so special unless I had written confirmation that it will definitely be replaced - along with what they'll do if fail to meet that promise for any reason.

I have it reassurance on email if that counts ?

Never asked what they would do if no replacement possible though ( just assumed they would do as they say )

Although I've since acquired a 3 coin set in great condition for an acceptable premium so even if I only end up with a refund I'm not too worried ( others will be in a less fortunate position though I appreciate)

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I have it reassurance on email if that counts ?

Never asked what they would do if no replacement possible though ( just assumed they would do as they say )

Although I've since acquired a 3 coin set in great condition for an acceptable premium so even if I only end up with a refund I'm not too worried ( others will be in a less fortunate position though I appreciate)

Emails count as written, unless you are using them in a very strange way!

But I'd still be reluctant to return them without any kind of clarity over what would be done in the "worst case". At least one person in this thread has returned theirs for replacement, only to be told that there are none left and so all they can do is refund them - or did that get sorted out in the end?