• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

10 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Not so sure - the 2022s on sale at Coins of the Realm (auction tonight) are doing pretty well.

0106B7EC-0909-4200-916A-A305BBD09B23.thumb.jpeg.1e91711a4a9bb45721f86f72ea32d3c7.jpeg

Half went for 425 and 3-coin set for 1220.

(Raw sovs are going as low as 320ea 👀)

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Sorry should've been clearer.. quoting just random bullion sovs for reference in this auction. Apologies guys.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Coins of Realm have one too:

7F5552E4-8C61-4885-9651-F3E12F2837E5.jpeg

Hidden reserve was 700 and lot went passed.

One more observation from this auction, off topic... 1879 VF35 sov, same coin.

TCC 17 Oct, 2021 £1600

COTR 15 Dec, 2021 £2100

Assuming 10% vendor premium and 20 for postage.. still beats your average lego set! 😅

Edited by jultorsk
AVERAGE

47 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

Not all legos.

According to recent study on average lego sets gain 11% p.a. (8% p.a. on real terms). Edited above.

(Your personal mileage may vary. Past performance is no indication of future results, and all investments or assets could lose value in the future due to a variety of financial factors. Message does not constitute, and should not be construed as, investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell, or otherwise transact in any investment including any products or services or an invitation, offer or solicitation to engage in any investment activity. Do your own due diligence and consult a financial expert if in doubt.)

47 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

According to recent study on average lego sets gain 11% p.a. (8% p.a. on real terms). Edited above.

(Your personal mileage may vary. Past performance is no indication of future results, and all investments or assets could lose value in the future due to a variety of financial factors. Message does not constitute, and should not be construed as, investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell, or otherwise transact in any investment including any products or services or an invitation, offer or solicitation to engage in any investment activity. Do your own due diligence and consult a financial expert if in doubt.)

Fair enough. Not all legos are winners just like with coins. But some outliers in the Lego investing game will blow this away. As you pointed out do not take this as any sort of financial advice but there are certainly chances for gains to be made.

17 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Funny... It's gone now? It was a 0.5g 2022 24k gold coin 11.5mm diameter. Had some sort of gothic crown cross type affair going on. Reserve of £39  

I think someone on here bought one of those a few months ago. It looked reasonable to me, but you probably wouldn't want to take it out of the capsule in case it bends in half :D 

Yes, I've seen this one, and is a common product for marketing companies. 62 of these will make up 1 troy ounce! There have been other threads re these shirt-button size coins. Oddly enough it is almost identical to the Gothic engravers design, but not by the RM. This type of coin is on my 'bargepole' list! 😝

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Wish me luck folks.... I've sent my 3 coin set back for replacement. I phoned ahead twice to make sure they can replace it and not refund it. They said they've got stock to replace returns so we'll see how this goes 🤞

I would take that last bit of info with a pinch of salt 😖 

I've been told more than once, they are waiting on stock and I'm waiting nearly 4 weeks so far since return 🤷‍♂️

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, James32 said:

I would take that last bit of info with a pinch of salt 😖 

I've been told more than once, they are waiting on stock and I'm waiting nearly 4 weeks so far since return 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like they could be swapping sets about etc. If you all keep to your guns and keep returning they might eventually re-mint perhaps?

I hope they send you all nice ones of course but knowing the Mints previous history 😬 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Sounds like they could be swapping sets about etc. If you all keep to your guns and keep returning they might eventually re-mint perhaps?

I hope they send you all nice ones of course but knowing the Mints previous history 😬 

Yeah thankfully I secured a (3) set in good knick on the secondary market at a reasonable premium so not too fussed.

Although its the lack of updates and misinformation that's frustrating. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I would of been happy with the very slight defect mine had but I see now how some collectors can be. If I sent them that set with a tiny dink in it they'll use their 30x lense and cry Merry Hell 🤣. I'm trying to think ahead and think about resale. If this set comes back with a slight defect I'll reconsider a refund as I'm starting to think proofs are too much hassle to deal with on the second market. 

Edited by Mtaybar