• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

11 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I can see the price of the 2022 spiking after the Gothic launch, either made fast money on the flip  or have been holding back funds but not  been able to buy one so end up buying more 2022 sovereigns.   Will be interesting to see what the graded PR70UC are pumped for.

The 2022 bullion sovereign  will be a no brainer.  

This next two weeks could be a good chance to pick up some well Priced 2022 sovereigns, while eyes are off the prize, as the keener eyes and flippers follow the gothic crown 

Edited by Paul

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The 2022 bullion sovereign  will be a no brainer.

If someones sat on a good few bog standard gold Krugerrand, maples, Britannias they are in profit with, cash them in for 2022 bullion sovereign is a good choice I'd say, the variant design will always warrant an extra £10-£25 premium per coin over a bog standard sov in years after 2022, over and above their gold content

On 01/12/2021 at 21:06, TheShinyStuff said:

Congrats. It will no doubt arrive before the one I ordered on release day from the RM. You've got to laugh! Hope it's a good one.

Coin i purchased from BBP on Wednesday was  delivered yesterday but  i missed the post man , so picked it up today and its in perfect condition unlike the two i bought from the Mint . 😀 hope you receive yours soon and in good condition .

55 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Income tax.   If selling to flip its dealing and nothing to do with CGT

I never buy to flip so that means I’m ok. If I sell it a week after buying then it’s purely because I changed my mind 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

21 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

And 5 half sovereign's

Screenshot_2021-12-05-06-31-06-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.61fcc1c9f0744d8b103e5f80f3273c5c.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-05-06-30-45-84_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

1500 quid premium on the 5 piece set...that does seem to be the current going rate, wonder how long that will stay the case? Seems to be a good demand, I'm surprised the 3 piece isn't carrying much of a premium.

Where do people see the prices for these sets ending up? 

52 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

In line with the 'better ' variant proof years 2017 and 1989, 2022 will see slowly rising value with time, as release fever dust settles and then supplies start to dwindle from the market in next 12-18 months

53 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

1500 quid premium on the 5 piece set...that does seem to be the current going rate, wonder how long that will stay the case? Seems to be a good demand, I'm surprised the 3 piece isn't carrying much of a premium.

I think £1,500 will stay steady and increase each year as they disappear into collector sets. Try finding a 2017 5 coin set today 😉 I nearly snapped one up last year, should have 🙄 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

On 02/12/2021 at 06:50, Oldun said:

Received an email saying I should have recived an automatic email with the tracking number upon itsarrival at Cardiff (which I had not). The email went on to say that the coins had been dispatched on November 25th and to contact them if I did not receive an automatic email with the tracking number so they could check the email preferences (which I just did)……..

Coins now in the ether as they make their journey overseas and pop up again on local tracking…..…usual pattern just poor Royal Mint IT.

I got an email from them about this only because I sent them a mail earlier in the week complaining I had not been sent a tracking number!!!).

The RM really are shoddy when it gets busy……

It will be interesting to see if they actually did seal the capsules properly before they were sent  as per my multiple requests.

Popped up on tracking now as having arrived. Now waiting for coins to be delivered. It will be extremely interesting to see if my many requests to have the coins securely fastened (including taped into their capsules) were observed.

9 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I think £1,500 will stay steady and increase each year as they disappear into collector sets. Try finding a 2017 5 coin set today 😉 I nearly snapped one up last year, should have 🙄 

Snagged one of those on release from RM. It is not going anywhere and in the box still.

In fact, got the entire range, BU 5sov, piedfort, single, half, sotd (2) all pf70s

Edited by Oldun

12 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I never buy to flip so that means I’m ok. If I sell it a week after buying then it’s purely because I changed my mind 😂 

The terms as I understand them if you invest into uk currency bullion and then dispose of them then it’s not subject to tax.  Trust me I’ll be investing at 9:00am and disposing at 9:04am.