• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

I called today to see if I can send my 3 coin sovereign set back for replacement as it has a very small mark on the full sov. I was told I can and they'll replace it not refund it but I'm a bit nervous as I've heard some have been told it's keep it or lose it. What should I do.... I'm not worried about the mark personally but if and when I come to resell it might put some off. 

8 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I called today to see if I can send my 3 coin sovereign set back for replacement as it has a very small mark on the full sov. I was told I can and they'll replace it not refund it but I'm a bit nervous as I've heard some have been told it's keep it or lose it. What should I do.... I'm not worried about the mark personally but if and when I come to resell it might put some off. 

I have no idea when my full sovereign will be replaced but I'm promised it will 🤷‍♂️ that's about all I can add I'm afraid. 

My situation is a lot easier though as even if I end up with refund I wont loose out ( secured a set on secondary market)

But I was under the impression you had to send everything back if it's a set being replaced? And if so what's the chances of getting three perfect coins in return? 

Personally I'd return it ( I have lol) but it's a long drawn out process with still no end in sight. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 hours ago, James32 said:

I have no idea when my full sovereign will be replaced but I'm promised it will 🤷‍♂️ that's about all I can add I'm afraid. 

My situation is a lot easier though as even if I end up with refund I wont loose out ( secured a set on secondary market)

But I was under the impression you had to send everything back if it's a set being replaced? And if so what's the chances of getting three perfect coins in return? 

Personally I'd return it ( I have lol) but it's a long drawn out process with still no end in sight. 

I don't mind it taking time if it comes back perfect. Problem is I've heard they've told some it's a keep it or lose it deal and that's what worries me. I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing in the Royal Mint sometimes so I'm nervous if I'll get it back at all. The person on the phone might tell me one thing and then despatch might have other ideas 🤷

Edited by Mtaybar

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I don't mind it taking time if it comes back perfect. Problem is I've heard they've told some it's a keep it or lose it deal and that's what worries me. I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing in the Royal Mint sometimes so I'm nervous if I'll get it back at all. 

Completely understand!

have you considered making an absolutly perfect set out of everything you have ( I mean get the microscope out and really examine) then just send the whole set back for refund?? Spend the cash on bullion sovereigns...I appreciate their was a sentiment in acquiring 2 but it's an option. 

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Completely understand!

have you considered making an absolutly perfect set out of everything you have ( I mean get the microscope out and really examine) then just send the whole set back for refund?? Spend the cash on bullion sovereigns...I appreciate their was a sentiment in acquiring 2 but it's an option. 

I have looked at the second set and everything looks pretty perfect but I'll get the magnifier back out before I send the other one off to be sure. I'll probably keep the 2 sets. Whether I keep them forever is another question but if I popped off tomorrow at least the kids have one each lol. 

6 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I have looked at the second set and everything looks pretty perfect but I'll get the magnifier back out before I send the other one off to be sure. I'll probably keep the 2 sets. Whether I keep them forever is another question but if I popped off tomorrow at least the kids have one each lol. 

It's a shame though that you have to send the whole set back( assuming that's correct??) and not just the problem coin.

Just now, Mtaybar said:

Yeah... It's the whole thing. 

Makes no sense, 

So say they only replace 1 coin ,why the need for the stupidity in sending back set ( increased risk of damage to box or other coins Whilst in their possession)

Scenario 2, they replace whole set 🤔 then where is good coins 2 and 3 in your set going👀

Something somewhere is getting regurgitated and this whole restrike promise may be a guise ( not implying they wont restrike some) but I doubt with so many good coins going back they will restrike all.

2 hours ago, James32 said:

Makes no sense, 

So say they only replace 1 coin ,why the need for the stupidity in sending back set ( increased risk of damage to box or other coins Whilst in their possession)

Scenario 2, they replace whole set 🤔 then where is good coins 2 and 3 in your set going👀

Something somewhere is getting regurgitated and this whole restrike promise may be a guise ( not implying they wont restrike some) but I doubt with so many good coins going back they will restrike all.

Right... I think they take all the good ones and make good sets. All the problem ones will go to the melting pot and re-struck is my thinking. That could be the reason for replacements taking so long. 

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Right... I think they take all the good ones and make good sets. All the problem ones will go to the melting pot and re-struck is my thinking. That could be the reason for replacements taking so long. 

👌

19 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

The secondary market for these 2022 proofs seem to be on a slight decline. Not that it bothers me but has the hype died down drastically ? 

This is just my opinion, but I think the initial decline is normal. The ‘hype’ is over, or rather the initial hype is over.

RM released the Gothic Crown two weeks ish after 2022 proof sovereign.

This is the first time in the history of this country that we’ve seen a monarch reach a platinum jubilee and we won’t see another again in our lifetime.

Are you going to remember a proof sovereign for a monarch that has reached a milestone in history or are you going to remember the Great Engravers?

I know which I’ll remember.

5 hours ago, Tn21 said:

The secondary market for these 2022 proofs seem to be on a slight decline. Not that it bothers me but has the hype died down drastically ? 

Might be it's the same as was speculated with Gothics - buyers realise it's Christmas and need to liquidate in time for buying pressies for the family. 🤔🤷‍♂️

("Diamond hands" for the win, lol 🤚 💠 )

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Not so sure - the 2022s on sale at Coins of the Realm (auction tonight) are doing pretty well.

0106B7EC-0909-4200-916A-A305BBD09B23.thumb.jpeg.1e91711a4a9bb45721f86f72ea32d3c7.jpeg

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

Might be it's the same as was speculated with Gothics - buyers realise it's Christmas and need to liquidate in time for buying pressies for the family. 🤔🤷‍♂️

("Diamond hands" for the win, lol 🤚 💠 )

Coins of Realm have one too:

7F5552E4-8C61-4885-9651-F3E12F2837E5.jpeg

9 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Coins of Realm have one too:

7F5552E4-8C61-4885-9651-F3E12F2837E5.jpeg

I'd imagine a lot of eyes will be on this to gauge a realistic current price 🤔 

Maybe we should all jump on it and bid it up😁 the rest of you can go first of course.

Seriously though its a little mad that a 3 coin sovereign set and a 2oz silver coin have the same top estimates but these are the times we live in I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Maybe we should all jump on it and bid it up😁 the rest of you can go first of course.

Seriously though its a little mad that a 3 coin sovereign set and a 2oz silver coin have the same top estimates but these are the times we live in I suppose. 

I know. Try offering someone a half sovereign for a 2oz silver coin - they then say, yeah, but you need to add on a further £200.00. Crazy times. 

15 minutes ago, James32 said:

Time will tell but if I had to put my money on which is the best investment I’d take the 3 coin set every time

The sovereign in my view is an absolute belter of a coin and the fact that sovereign's are always well desired coins and have literally stood the test of hundreds of years, proves in my mind that this jubilee design will be one of the most remembered and sought after coins for any sovereign collector. Even if spot value dives I believe the desire for these 2022 proof coins will hold them to at least their retail value if not above. I think it's very unlikely that another monarch will be on the thrown far as many years as she has.