• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

47 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-4LS9IJ/the-coin-cabinet-auction-54-british-world-coins-0-buyers-premium

New Coin Cabinet Christmas auction launching today at 5pm - will probably be the first 2022 proof sovereigns to be offered at auction 

And a 2oz gold Gothic 😉

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

18 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

And a 2oz gold Gothic 😉

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

yeah saw it in the catalogue thumbnail :) cant wait !! lol wonder if its a "plain edge" one ?

I noticed this too! The pic seems to have the grained edge though! Exciting times! I’m going to hedge and say it will sell for £16k.

9 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I noticed this too! The pic seems to have the grained edge though! Exciting times! I’m going to hedge and say it will sell for £16k.

You might well be right on the £16k price it might achieve.   But a savvy buyer will pay less off the peg- https://www.sovr.co.uk/qe-ii-2021-gold-proof-2oz-gothic-crown-qa-fi22767.html

Auctions are a strange phenomenon where people can take leave of their minds in that moment.   

Edited by richatthecroft

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Agreed - it looks grained for sure. SovR has one on offer for 12.5k so 16k may be a stretch - will surely be exciting! I'm guessing 12'250. 😅

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

You might well be right on the £16k price it might achieve.   But a savvy buyer will pay less off the peg- https://www.sovr.co.uk/qe-ii-2021-gold-proof-2oz-gothic-crown-qa-fi22767.html

Auctions are a strange phenomenon where people can take leave of their minds in that moment.   

Very true! We’ve all seen people getting into fights over coins that are available elsewhere and it just turns into an alpha fight to the win!!

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Very true! We’ve all seen people getting into fights over coins that are available elsewhere and it just turns into an alpha fight to the win!!

Agreed- in the last Sovereign Rarities Auction, some of the lots went for way more money than what you could buy in their shop- and I'm not talking about an older historic coin that might have had more eye appeal, my observations were that these were modern coins!  

Just a couple of mouse clicks on the same website would have saved a lot of money 🤯 Work that one out!  I never will.

Anyone else constantly hitting the TCC auction site refresh to place the first bid on the Gothic.. 😅

9 hours ago, goldhunter said:

Congratulations, did you have the coins conserved?

Thanks and nope - for newly issued coins I don't see a strong reason to conserve them. If there are visible damage or hairline scratches no amount of conservation will help, it's better to exchange with RM. I actually do not know when this becomes popular but honestly most people shouldn't do that hoping it will improve the grade unless they know what they are doing. If you've kept a coin ungraded for a while and decide to grade years later, conservation makes sense if you see tiny red spots or minor toning.

11 hours ago, *tada* said:

Thanks and nope - for newly issued coins I don't see a strong reason to conserve them. If there are visible damage or hairline scratches no amount of conservation will help, it's better to exchange with RM. I actually do not know when this becomes popular but honestly most people shouldn't do that hoping it will improve the grade unless they know what they are doing. If you've kept a coin ungraded for a while and decide to grade years later, conservation makes sense if you see tiny red spots or minor toning.

Thanks Tada sound advice

23 hours ago, goldhunter said:

Congratulations, did you have the coins conserved?

think i would ask for conservation and let them decide if the coins need it or not just to be safe 

ngc wont conserve if the coin doesn't benefit from it 

what's the point of fussing over a little more money for complete piece of mind 

especially for high premium coins 

just my thoughts 

4 hours ago, Paul said:

spotted my first graded PF70 2022 proof full sovereign sale yesterday on a bookface flippers collectors group

£1,100 it sold for if anyone is interested   

Encouraging :) looks nice in its plastic coffin 

IMG_2549.JPG

Not a bad price at all  look forward too seeing where the prices of the various coins go as graded ones come to market....not as much as I'm looking forward to getting my replacements back from the mint though!