• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

My take on the ‘unexpected delay’ which maybe right maybe not.    The royal mint sent sets for grading and they have been delayed coming back. Else why so many on the population so quickly. The ones what will be sent out won’t have made  PF70 but will be better than PF68.    They have said in the past that coins will be better than 68 else they will be replaced so now they know they are.      Why would the royal mint state the American grading system rather than the British if this wasn’t the case?

3 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

My take on the ‘unexpected delay’ which maybe right maybe not.    The royal mint sent sets for grading and they have been delayed coming back. Else why so many on the population so quickly. The ones what will be sent out won’t have made  PF70 but will be better than PF68.    They have said in the past that coins will be better than 68 else they will be replaced so now they know they are.      Why would the royal mint state the American grading system rather than the British if this wasn’t the case?

Coinspiracies! 

3 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Maybe, maybe not. They could just tell us what the 'unexpected delay' is. I think it may also be pertinent that they don't say 'beyond our control'... Either way, when my sovereign  arrives next month it had better be absolutely perfect.

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

Read on a FB Group, they are apparently waiting on additional foam inserts to combat the capsules opening in transit - I don't mind waiting for that.

I think this is more likely.

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

Read on a FB Group, they are apparently waiting on additional foam inserts to combat the capsules opening in transit - I don't mind waiting for that.

They are, I was told this a few days ago by a manager in customer services at RM.

They are waiting for the foam to modify the boxes so that the capsules can’t open in transit.

17 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

They are, I was told this a few days ago by a manager in customer services at RM.

They are waiting for the foam to modify the boxes so that the capsules can’t open in transit.

Will this add a premium in the future ( box 2.0) 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

11 hours ago, Snorpley said:

I'll keep an eye out for a similar email. Awaiting 3-coin set to Australia. Status is: Money taken, closed order marked 'dispatched', no tracking email.

They botched the tracking for me too. Had my sov order on closed and dispatched status and no tracking email - I sent a message to their customer service and a couple days later they sent the tracking# in reply; the parcel was long on the way already. Try customer.sevices@royalmint.com

I hope yours is not stuck in Customs as it exceeds $1000.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Foster88 said:

any reason that we just cant take a trip to wales and pick them up?       i still think  its fishy. the 5 coin sets come with a cloth between the 2 banks of coins and saw a picture somewhere (i think on the forum) that chards put a line of bubble wrap to stop this happening  doing this would save time and get them out

9 hours ago, jultorsk said:

Thanks @jultorsk! Yeah I knew I was going to blow through the 1000 dollars when buying this set. Ah well.

I'll definitely check-in with Customer Service early next week. The wait doesn't bother me so much as the concern of not being around when it comes to the door. 

Your Sov in still in transit though? Hopefully you have it in hand very soon. Cheers Mate

3 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

10-4. Thanks for the clarification. Would that really add much value on the market? It’s just a COA #.

Who knows, but given it's within the realm of possibility that she could pass away at age of 96, and with such a special release it might be.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:49, Snorpley said:

I'll keep an eye out for a similar email. Awaiting 3-coin set to Australia. Status is: Money taken, closed order marked 'dispatched', no tracking email.

Same experience here mate. You can (well most of the time) get the tracking data from your RM a/c in transactions (ie each purchase) but then it's up to you to check with Royal Mail. RM could pick up their game and send a follow-up advice with tracking details, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

Till then, I await my RM purchases to arrive unannounced...whenever.

24 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I realise the herd has moved on to the Gothic release- but for anyone who continues to follow the beloved Sovereign here's something that you might be interested in:

I did this exercise initially on the 20/11/2021 and last on the 29/11/2021 (results below at the very bottom of this post) and updated today Saturday 11/12/2022, I've repeated it - so you don't have to!  

Using the search term '2022 Sovereign' on eBay on Saturday 11/12/2021:

Significantly- there are still surprisingly few,  in terms of the amount of 2022 Sovereign issues for sale (all denominations and sets).  The figure of live sales on eBay has doubled since I last completed the exercise there are currently 83 sales posts (Previously 41) using the search term described above. 

5 Coin set- 5 Sales ranging between £5795 through £6995- Average sale price- £6348- NO FURTHER SALES

4 Coin Set- 2 Sales ranging between £3250 through £3750- Average sale price- £3500- NO FURTHER SALES

3 Coin set- 4 further Sales- (previously 7 Sales) ranging between £1249 through £1500- Average sale price on 4 sales is down- £1337   (previous average £1391 on 7 sales)

Sovereign- 17 further Sales- (previously 27) ranging between £675 through £799- Average sale price on 17 sales is down- £737- (previous average £762 27 on 17 sales)

Half Sovereign-  11 further Sales- (previously 13)  ranging between £369 through £424- Average sale price on 11 sales slightly down to - £408 (previously average £416 on 13 sales)

Sovereign/ Half Sovereign combo- 1 Sale at £1300 NO FURTHER SALES

Not a scientific or absolutely accurate view of how the 2022 Sovereign is progressing, but I'm sure those invested in them will be encouraged by this Special Release's performance.  

Previous data 29/11/2021:

5 Coin set- 5 Sales ranging between £5795 through £6995- Average sale price- £6348

4 Coin Set- 2 Sales ranging between £3250 through £3750- Average sale price- £3500

3 Coin set- 7 Sales ranging between £1195 through £1650- Average sale price- £1391

Sovereign- 27 Sales ranging between £699 through £885- Average sale price- £762

Half Sovereign-  13 Sales ranging between £375 through £486- Average sale price- £416

Sovereign/ Half Sovereign combo- 1 Sale at £1300

Brilliant overview.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:49, Snorpley said:

So less than 12 hours after I emailed RM asking for tracking info (or just 'if' it had shipped yet), it turned up on the doorstep! Capsules still closed and being held in position (which was probably my biggest concern). Had a quick look at the coins under a 10x loupe I have. The quarter definitely has a decent mark (it shimmers, so i don't think it is dust), to the point where once I know where it is, I can see with the naked eye. In hindsight perhaps I should've bought individual coins rather than the 3 coin set, as I more or less tripled the chance that something would not be 'perfect'. At this point I'm glad the product is in hand, and right now I'm not highly motivated to go through the returns rigmarole from Australia. As a result I don't know if I would buy more Proof coins in a hurry. I have a few SOTD BU Sovs, all of which have specs of frosting missing in places, and I suppose I was hoping that I would see the highest-levels-of-craftsmanship from a proof example. I'm new to coins to I'm probably still finding my feet in terms of expectation Vs reality (with lots of help from you guys!), but I'm beginning to wonder if my almost OCD-level obsession for things I own to be blemish-free, means that this might not be the hobby for me haha. Perhaps I should just be looking more at Perth Mint coins, as the whole purchase/shipping/returns process would be much better for me.

All the best my friends,

S.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:30, richatthecroft said:

I realise the herd has moved on to the Gothic release- but for anyone who continues to follow the beloved Sovereign here's something that you might be interested in:

I did this exercise initially on the 20/11/2021 and last on the 29/11/2021 (results below at the very bottom of this post) and updated today Saturday 11/12/2022, I've repeated it - so you don't have to!  

Using the search term '2022 Sovereign' on eBay on Saturday 11/12/2021:

Significantly- there are still surprisingly few,  in terms of the amount of 2022 Sovereign issues for sale (all denominations and sets).  The figure of live sales on eBay has doubled since I last completed the exercise there are currently 83 sales posts (Previously 41) using the search term described above. 

5 Coin set- 5 Sales ranging between £5795 through £6995- Average sale price- £6348- NO FURTHER SALES

4 Coin Set- 2 Sales ranging between £3250 through £3750- Average sale price- £3500- NO FURTHER SALES

3 Coin set- 4 further Sales- (previously 7 Sales) ranging between £1249 through £1500- Average sale price on 4 sales is down- £1337   (previous average £1391 on 7 sales)

Sovereign- 17 further Sales- (previously 27) ranging between £675 through £799- Average sale price on 17 sales is down- £737- (previous average £762 27 on 17 sales)

Half Sovereign-  11 further Sales- (previously 13)  ranging between £369 through £424- Average sale price on 11 sales slightly down to - £408 (previously average £416 on 13 sales)

Sovereign/ Half Sovereign combo- 1 Sale at £1300 NO FURTHER SALES

Not a scientific or absolutely accurate view of how the 2022 Sovereign is progressing, but I'm sure those invested in them will be encouraged by this Special Release's performance.  

Previous data 29/11/2021:

5 Coin set- 5 Sales ranging between £5795 through £6995- Average sale price- £6348

4 Coin Set- 2 Sales ranging between £3250 through £3750- Average sale price- £3500

3 Coin set- 7 Sales ranging between £1195 through £1650- Average sale price- £1391

Sovereign- 27 Sales ranging between £699 through £885- Average sale price- £762

Half Sovereign-  13 Sales ranging between £375 through £486- Average sale price- £416

Sovereign/ Half Sovereign combo- 1 Sale at £1300

Brilliantly put and Just what I wanted to hear 

purchased another 3 coin set on eBay last night £1200 ish 

hence my recent silver sale post on forum 

go check it out folks 😂