• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Just checking people are still in the same boat as me with their ‘Open Order’? Makes me feel better knowing others are suffering with me 😆

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

8 minutes ago, creative said:

Just checking people are still in the same boat as me with their ‘Open Order’? Makes me feel better knowing others are suffering with me 😆

Yep. When i got in touch with them the other day, they said:

"Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing delays with the 2022 Sovereign Orders, and we are due to send out an email correspondence to all customers shortly to confirm this.

We can reassure you that we are working hard and
aim to despatch all orders as quickly as possible.

I would like to apologise for any frustration that this delay has caused you.

Once despatched, you will receive an email confirmation with the relevant tracking details.

The payment will be taken from your account once your item is dispatched."

Absolutely gutted! Just called the Royal Mint for an update on both my 4 and 5 coin sets, which had recently moved from open to completed... They cancelled the orders!!!

I was only calling for an update on delivery - there was no email, or call explaining. Just cancelled! They hinted that it was because I had exceeded the household limit, but would not confirm.

The operator was friendly and sympathetic, and has promised that I will receive an email tomorrow to fully explain the cancellation.

He also stated that there is no way for them to fix/reorder, as the 2022 proof sovs have been fully allocated.

4 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Absolutely gutted! Just called the Royal Mint for an update on both my 4 and 5 coin sets, which had recently moved from open to completed... They cancelled the orders!!!

I was only calling for an update on delivery - there was no email, or call explaining. Just cancelled! They hinted that it was because I had exceeded the household limit, but would not confirm.

The operator was friendly and sympathetic, and has promised that I will receive an email tomorrow to fully explain the cancellation.

He also stated that there is no way for them to fix/reorder, as the 2022 proof sovs have been fully allocated.

Sorry to hear that, I was under the impression you could order one of each though?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

15 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I’m gutted for you. It isn’t fair to leave you waiting for so long.

59 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Yep. When i got in touch with them the other day, they said:

"Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing delays with the 2022 Sovereign Orders, and we are due to send out an email correspondence to all customers shortly to confirm this.

We can reassure you that we are working hard and
aim to despatch all orders as quickly as possible.

I would like to apologise for any frustration that this delay has caused you.

Once despatched, you will receive an email confirmation with the relevant tracking details.

The payment will be taken from your account once your item is dispatched."

Well, at least they’re planning to share something. A tad late is better than nothing.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

15 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

That’s very sad, I’m sorry to hear that.

Either the website shouldn’t have let you order both sets or just one set should have been cancelled and the other dispatched. 😕

Did you manage to get any of the single coins?

22 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

This is proper nonsense and shouldn’t happen like this. So sorry.

There are still a few people selling sets etc. could be worth speaking to @LawrenceChard who I know you know already (!) and also @GoldDiggerDave who has a five coin set and a three coin set for sale. Reasonable priced too. 

2 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

That's awful. You'd think they would have the decency to contact you before cancelling the whole lot. I have very limited experience dealing directly with RM, but I must say I am utterly unimpressed with them. 

I hope you manage to pick up what you wanted at a decent price. Good luck.

In all seriousness,  those folk who missed out at launch, there may be bargais or unwatched or under watched auctions on fee bay this week or sonow everyone has gothic crown fever. Eyes off the prize, still much mileage in this for a good steady appreciating asset for years to come, for sure.

Not a quick flip, but a steady burner investment. Once dust settles, this will keep nudging up £20, £50 each time you see one in years to come, if history repeats which there's little reason why it won't 

On 26/11/2021 at 10:44, Slam said:

Hi All,

Is this a dent and scratch on the coin near the top? 

Really gutted as it looks like it is. 😭😭😭

Any suggestions please.

PXL_20211126_094754365.MP.jpg

PXL_20211126_094822817.jpg

So glad this is sorted now, from feeling gutted and disappointed to now feeling wonderful, receiving the replacement and looking at the design and beauty of this coin just bring me happiness when I look at it now. Really is a work of art.

8 minutes ago, Slam said:

So glad this is sorted now, from feeling gutted and disappointed to now feeling wonderful, receiving the replacement and looking at the design and beauty of this coin just bring me happiness when I look at it now. Really is a work of art.

You have received your replacement already??

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Update from the RM - got a phone call first thing, this morning:

Apparently as this was my first "high-value" order with the mint, they couldn't / wouldn't accept card payment, only Bank Transfer... I will admit to not reading their terms and conditions fully, so was unaware of this restriction. I have no idea what constitutes high-value or how I should have performed this online order correctly. Either way, they should make this much clearer on the site. I am aware of some anti-fraud and anti-money laundering requirements within financials, so it could be that.

Next up, they apparently tried to contact me (via email) to explain and make the Bank Transfer, but I didn't respond! There is no email (yes, I checked the spam folder), and they definitely have my correct details, considering I have the original order acknowledgement emails, and delivery emails from previous orders.

I have accepted their apology and they reinstated my original order, now fully paid by Bank Transfer. I just hope I'm not going to get someone else's return ;) - I'll keep you posted.

Lessons learned:

• It's always worth calling the Royal Mint for an update on your order. I was quite happy to sit back and wait, but an earlier update in this thread about potential January delivery prompted me to make a call to confirm. I felt bad, last night... imagine if I had waited until next year!
  • Read the small print (if it exists) - gonna check now
  • The members of this forum are absolutely top class (big thanks to @AndrewSL76 and @CaptCaveMan)
  • @GoldDiggerDave - you are a gentleman and I'm looking forward to many more deals with you, in the future

Good outcome. Well done on sorting this. Given the abuse they received yesterday (as referred in the Gothic Thread) it’s clear to see that a gentle and kind approach is correct.

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

those stilling awaiting delivery of their 2022 five sovereign set, anyone had any ETA's or spoke to RM about them recently ?

Im not really bothered with the wait, longer to pay for them :) 

I'd advise a quick call to the Mint - I was also happy to wait, until I found out they cancelled the order!