• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

Maybe a community open letter/complaint signed by a large number of dissatisfied customers might get the RM to notice that they are annoying some of their customers

I have a good friend, this QB set was his first ever Proof set purchase and he has had to return it - full of milk spots and the beard shavings (thats what it looks like anyway) INSIDE the capsules. He said to me he is very unimpressed and has been put off so much by the RM that he probably won't buy again.

That's a real shame.

I have thought for a while now that we need to be more vocal about these kind of issues so this thread should be a great read for any RM staff that actually care about what they claim on every invoice they send out.

RM - if you are reading this - DO BETTER

149898102_RMQuality.thumb.jpg.52089d3723a051e59ee7662a1f33383c.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

11 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Maybe a community open letter/complaint signed by a large number of dissatisfied customers might get the RM to notice that they are annoying some of their customers

I have a good friend, this QB set was his first ever Proof set purchase and he has had to return it - full of milk spots and the beard shavings (thats what it looks like anyway) INSIDE the capsules. He said to me he is very unimpressed and has been put off so much by the RM that he probably won't buy again.

That's a real shame.

I have thought for a while now that we need to be more vocal about these kind of issues so this thread should be a great read for any RM staff that actually care about what they claim on every invoice they send out.

I agree.... on these sorts of issues that are high value, low mintage they should have an NGC type inspector to value and assess prior to launch. Well I am doing an experiment. I have sent my 1/2 and 2oz coins off to NGC... although it will be a long wait it will be interesting to see how each of them fair....

Edited by Rll1288

16 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

That's a real shame.

I have to say I am relieved someone else had the same fibre/hair issue as I did.

17 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

That's a real shame.

So my untrained eye didn't see initially see spotting on at least 4 of my coins - Im in the same position as this is my first proof set too. Feel a bit like sending them back would be going down a rabbit hole. Some on here have said they'd consider having theirs back rather than getting a refund. 

Not sure what to do. 

5 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I have to say I am relieved someone else had the same fibre/hair issue as I did.

This is my worry.... there is a serious issue with the RM process post striking of the coin as those fibres are from the surrounding packaging in the box and suggest to me that teh coins are palced into the capsule with the lid of inside the box itself rather than in an isolation (well away form) other sources where they can pick up dust/hairs 

4 minutes ago, MetalsMan said:

So my untrained eye didn't see initially see spotting on at least 4 of my coins - Im in the same position as this is my first proof set too. Feel a bit like sending them back would be going down a rabbit hole. Some on here have said they'd consider having theirs back rather than getting a refund. 

Not sure what to do. 

My yardstick is if it takes the shine off the set, due to the price, then I would rather do without than have that set. It would irk me too much.

Give me a good replacement by all means. But if not, I will have my money back please.

8 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

This is my worry.... there is a serious issue with the RM process post striking of the coin as those fibres are from the surrounding packaging in the box and suggest to me that teh coins are palced into the capsule with the lid of inside the box itself rather than in an isolation (well away form) other sources where they can pick up dust/hairs 

In my case on unpackaging some of the capsules were loose but not completely off. That might explain it to some extent. But it might just be a coincidence.

If that's the cause tightening the capsules is an easy fix you would imagine 

From past experience, it's hard enough having to hope that RM get it right with a single coin.

But ten at the same time? That thought made me not bother ordering this set. 

Well, really it shouldn't be that hard. Should it?

42 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

That's a real shame.

I think a letter would be good. They have customer care and surely the numbers of returns should speak for themselves and the letter would just confirm for them how bad this release has been? I haven’t received my 1/4oz set yet. I’m told it’s due in late August so sadly I cannot really share your sadness (yet)...

I returned my 1/4 oz set today. Indents, milk spots, bristles all over the presentation box it all just lead to me being underwhelmed. I thought about selling it or splitting the set and selling off the good coins. I couldn't in good conscience sell someone a coin I wasn't happy with but in the end I just thought no, I don't want all the hassle. I wanted these for myself but after really thinking about it the purchase left me disappointed so I returned it. I'll spend the refund on something I can feel good about. I won't risk buying another set of this size from RM in future.

17 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Queen's Beasts Silver Proof Set Photos:

2021queensbeastsblackbullofclarencefrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.6879e2e3ce7ca804654c4ab88ca34582.jpg

Black Bull with Spots

2021queensbeastsgreyhoundofrichmondfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.986298b503ed8b21e31cb92fd41a5798.jpg

White Greyhound with Spots

2021queensbeastsgriffinofedwardiiifrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.3173215269b71d354f45fbda48b87210.jpg

Griffin with Globs

2021queensbeastsunicornofscotlandfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.b58ec3c73227f3a6f838f09fbaf7b144.jpg

Unicorn with Ulcers

2021queensbeastsfalconoftheplantagenetsfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratchescrop.thumb.jpg.2d983732e2c5e7bc2314659878be8414.jpg

Falcon with Flashes

Five substandard out of 5 so far, balance to follow...

My black bull had spots in exactly the same place Lawrence. 

Dear me, they have really messed up on this particular set.

Mine arrived back with them today, lets see what they say!

It is so sad to hear so many people having unforgiveable problems from the RM  with their QB's sets. I get pee'd off when I get a bullion coin with a scratch or a milkspot, but I have abit of ocd when it comes to my coins.

I just hope someone from the RM is reading this thread and all the comments and its gets fed back to those in higher places and they seriously sit down and sort their act out,and drastically improve their minting of such coins.

5 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

My 2oz silver proof set has just been refunded despite requesting an exchange. First time ive ever had money back when I've requested an exchange so reckon that could be that. Anyone had a different experience?

When did they receive it ?

They received mine on Monday morning and apparently are sending a replacement. No refund as of yet though.

4 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

That's a real shame.

I agree, we really should do something about this other than just return the sets.

Thing is, I'm sure we don't want to post tweets and pictures about our complaints (Security), so maybe an email to the customer services address? Someone would need to act as our representative....
I nominate @BackyardBullion   :)

I'm sure if they have a letter from 10+ people they will look into what actually happened here.  Or we can create a template and send the emails ourselves?

22 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

When did they receive it ?

They received mine on Monday morning and apparently are sending a replacement. No refund as of yet though.

They’ll have had mine Monday too. I might follow it up…

42 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

My 2oz silver proof set has just been refunded despite requesting an exchange. First time ive ever had money back when I've requested an exchange so reckon that could be that. Anyone had a different experience?

Give them a call. I had mine refunded on Monday but I haven't actually received mine yet. Gave them a call and they said the payment will come back out when it arrives

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

5 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

Give them a call. I had mine refunded on Monday but I haven't actually received mine yet. Gave them a call and they said the payment will come back out when it arrives

Have you got an open or closed order you didn't make ? It's odd. I haven't had a refund and no replacement.

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Have you got an open or closed order you didn't make ? It's odd. I haven't had a refund and no replacement.

Nope. The person I spoke to said they are making an effort to not hold funds of coins that are not in the customers hand. But he could've been talking complete rubbish, wouldn't be the 1st time

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

I  wonder if they should strike x amount of additional coins beyond the stated mintage, just to allow for error. Then obviously melt the fault coins and spares after 30 days or something.

Better still, get things right first time. Look to Perth Mint, or Royal Canadian Mint and find out how they addressed the milking issue.

Maybe as The 1100 year old Royal Mint, they would never openly ask another mint for advice? Maybe such information is sensitive and other mints wouldn't hand out to those possibly perceived as rivals? Perhaps hire moles to work in other mints and steal their anti milking technology 🤷‍♂️

Or perhaps they aren't concerned, as long is things keep selling... Surely that's not the case though? Maybe they don't have the resources to upgrade facilities?

All these perhaps and maybes are hurting my head now 😣

18 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I  wonder if they should strike x amount of additional coins beyond the stated mintage, just to allow for error. Then obviously melt the fault coins and spares after 30 days or something.

Better still, get things right first time. Look to Perth Mint, or Royal Canadian Mint and find out how they addressed the milking issue.

Maybe as The 1100 year old Royal Mint, they would never openly ask another mint for advice? Maybe such information is sensitive and other mints wouldn't hand out to those possibly perceived as rivals? Perhaps hire moles to work in other mints and steal their anti milking technology 🤷‍♂️

Or perhaps they aren't concerned, as long is things keep selling... Surely that's not the case though? Maybe they don't have the resources to upgrade facilities?

All these perhaps and maybes are hurting my head now 😣

To me its basic logic... you strike 300 coins you will always get some that are sub standard.... you mint until you get (as you said) all 300 to a respectable level (and for me this should be 70 not 68) and then ensure that from the strike to the packaging nothing occurs