• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

20 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I'll take the rejects off your hands! 🙂

You can have all the scrap of mine you want for my full retail price 😜

Otherwise, back in the melting pot they go!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

5 More QB Spotty 2 Ounce Silver Proofs:

2021queensbeastswhitelionofenglandfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.0691d66c034c437fa50a76760eb7b13d.jpg

(Milky) White Lion

2021queensbeastslionofenglandfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.3f5659463a1e75164c4a0f18a82919ae.jpg

Lion of England

2021queensbeastswhitehorseofhanoverfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.ac2f1edb9cd720b11a14605eda70587b.jpg

Milk White Horse of Hanover

2021queensbeastsreddragonofwalesfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.66d52b313862369a100073e55f6d01ee.jpg

Red (and White?) Dragon of Wales

Added to the 5 from yesterday, makes 9 spotty ones...

Now to figure out which is the good one! 🙂

So that's a 10% success rate ? Oh dear. Are you able to send them back as a retailer? 

I had about 40 oz's of silver bullion and never had a problem with milk spots, they were perfect, even after having them for a few years.

They were bullion!!

We're talking about high premium proof coins here.

In my view, the Queen's Beasts series is the best new release out there.

Why would the RM let this really special series down?  It doesn't make sense to me?

Quality control on holiday?

Isolating?

I just hope they can sort it out and ensure the blanks are treated properly and quality checked before releasing back out.

I hope it all works out for those that have ordered a silver proof set and have experienced issues.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

10%? Perhaps we missed something.

This is a set I bought privately.

I already have a returns label.

Ah sorry thought you were talking about sets not individual coins!

Where do we draw the line on the RM's total incompetence to get these sets out to their customers in the condition that we expect....its a total disgrace and piss take that they can send out these sets in awful condition....its time to take action...and all get together to draft a paper with signatures on at the state of their sets and send it off backed by all the photos and box's that have been sent (BYB) and demand an explanation for these continuous  problems..!!!!

13 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have a good friend, this QB set was his first ever Proof set purchase and he has had to return it - full of milk spots and the beard shavings (thats what it looks like anyway) INSIDE the capsules. He said to me he is very unimpressed and has been put off so much by the RM that he probably won't buy again.

That's a real shame.

This is the sort of thing that needs to happen though I think before they actually change anything. I'm in the same boat. I've bought no silver this year apart from your lovely SF bars so have been spending more with the RM including buying my first ever gold proof coins from them. The problems I had though with my last one of those mean I'm not likely to order anything again from them anytime soon. Other mints don't seem to have the same issues with their proof lines. More of us need to vote with our wallets and stop giving the RM our hard earned cash until they sort their sh!t out

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Many TSF membrs will be interested in the result.
...and lt's hope the RM don't send me your old one when I send mine back! 🙂

You definitely don't want my old one! Stupidly I thought I took a photo of my COA before I sent it back, in fact I am certain I did. Can't find it anywhere. My faculties clearly aren't what they once were !

10 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

You definitely don't want my old one! Stupidly I thought I took a photo of my COA before I sent it back, in fact I am certain I did. Can't find it anywhere. My faculties clearly aren't what they once were !

I would expect the RM to re-use the existing certificates, otherwise there is a risk of duplicates, or numbers higher than the issue limit.

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I would expect the RM to re-use the existing certificates, otherwise there is a risk of duplicates, or numbers higher than the issue limit.

I think it might have been 167 but not 100%. Let's see what comes back if it comes back at all! With the despatch emails not working, who knows!

7 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I don’t know what i’m waiting for. They have my money. They also have the coins and have updated my closed order with -1 to show 1 return like they usually do. Might phone later because ive had no update. 

Just rechecked my orders. I have a closed one with the -1. I have a normal looking open order, placed on Monday.

I was expecting it to arrive yesterday or today on the basis of two people at the Mint saying it will be dispatched Monday or Tuesday.

However with the lack of despatch emails, who knows.

However now I can see that open order I am doubting whether it's been dispatched yet.

If waiting longer means I will get a better replacement then happy to wait as long as it takes.

But, ultimately, no refund, no despatch email I have no idea what's actually happening!