• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

1 minute ago, Rll1288 said:

To me its basic logic... you strike 300 coins you will always get some that are sub standard.... you mint until you get (as you said) all 300 to a respectable level (and for me this should be 70 not 68) and then ensure that from the strike to the packaging nothing occurs

This is what I do. 

I have currently about 100x great looking 100g Bars ready for TSF branding. I have probably poured close to 200 to get them, just takes longer but its so worth it for quality. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

6 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

This is what I do. 

I have currently about 100x great looking 100g Bars ready for TSF branding. I have probably poured close to 200 to get them, just takes longer but its so worth it for quality. 

Mr BYB fancy a new role as Head of Quality control at RM 🤣

1 hour ago, Rll1288 said:

On a mintage of 300 I wonder how many have been returned? 15/20%, possibly more.... I am assuming those that have been placed on Flea Bay may not necessarily highlight any faults 🙂

Yeah I know a dodgy seller on ebay that definitely does not highlight milk spots or other faults & has or had a 2oz 10 coin set for sale.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

5 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Yeah I know a dodgy seller on ebay that definitely does not highlight milk spots or other faults & has or had a 2oz 10 coin set for sale.

Oh i love it when Ebay sellers state "pictures form part of the description" with rubbish pictures...gotta love 'em!

19 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Queen's Beasts Silver Proof Set Photos:

Black Bull with Spots

White Greyhound with Spots

Griffin with Globs

Unicorn with Ulcers

Falcon with Flashes

Five substandard out of 5 so far, balance to follow...

As the Royal Mint is milking this series, surely we have to expect milk spots!

I would write to the head of the Mint myself if I was returning one of these sets and wanted a replacement rather than refund...it's worked in the past...

In fact I'd urge everyone who is unhappy with this release to do so.

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

Or perhaps they aren't concerned, as long is things keep selling... Surely that's not the case though?

This is exactly what I heard from an insider, but that was two or three years ago.

21 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Keep us informed about the RM decision to restrike or not. Have you tried to call someone at the RM ?

I have a second set coming probably tomorrow, may be I will be more lucky ? (but I don't count on it)

I am going to send back of course

Second set received, better than the first one, but still with milk spots on most coins...return... 

Edited by Frenchie

I will post this here as it seems applicable for this thread. I sent my Team GB Tokyo Olympics silver proof 50p (nice design) back to RM for a replacement. Should receive it at the weekend. They had a number of returns on this particular coin and did a re-strike. These re-strikes will be sent out as replacement coins on this issue. I asked if this is standard procedure and they said 'it depends'. So it seems they do not always do this, depends on the 'amount of work' a series takes to produce as they 'produce coins all the time'. If it's one or two returns then it's a refund. But a ten coin set with multiple issues? 

4 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

This is what I do. 

I'll take the rejects off your hands! 🙂

Chards

4 More QB Spotty 2 Ounce Silver Proofs:

2021queensbeastswhitelionofenglandfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.0691d66c034c437fa50a76760eb7b13d.jpg

(Milky) White Lion

2021queensbeastslionofenglandfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.3f5659463a1e75164c4a0f18a82919ae.jpg

Lion of England

2021queensbeastswhitehorseofhanoverfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.ac2f1edb9cd720b11a14605eda70587b.jpg

Milk White Horse of Hanover

2021queensbeastsreddragonofwalesfrom10coinsetreversewithoverlaysofsupermacroimagesofmilkspotsandscratches4000.thumb.jpg.66d52b313862369a100073e55f6d01ee.jpg

Red (and White?) Dragon of Wales

Added to the 5 from yesterday, makes 9 spotty ones...

Now to figure out which is the good one! 🙂

Edited by LawrenceChard
Can't count!

Chards