• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I really hope when you guys wait that time it is worth it 🙏

I hope so too. I wouldn't be willing to wait for a more standard coin. But it's a great set imo with low mintage. 

Had a reply back from the Head of customer service... I hope we peasants get the same service as those with account managers!

"Thank you for your e-mail and I am sorry to hear your disappointed with the quality of the coins you received. When the item is returned to us it will be inspected, if the item is deemed below standard then a replacement set will be issued. If the item meets our standard for a proof coin then the coin set would be sent back to you.

Any returns will be assessed on a case by case basis however if we received a pattern or influx of quality issues then of course we will address this internally to understand what has caused this, what could be done to prevent in the future and ensure customers are receiving the high standard of product they expect.

I’m sorry that it hasn’t met your expectation this time but please be reassured we will put this right when we have received the return and inspected."

Can I demand a re-strike like others are getting? We all deserve one...

12 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

Had a reply back from the Head of customer service... I hope we peasants get the same service as those with account managers!

"Thank you for your e-mail and I am sorry to hear your disappointed with the quality of the coins you received. When the item is returned to us it will be inspected, if the item is deemed below standard then a replacement set will be issued. If the item meets our standard for a proof coin then the coin set would be sent back to you.

Any returns will be assessed on a case by case basis however if we received a pattern or influx of quality issues then of course we will address this internally to understand what has caused this, what could be done to prevent in the future and ensure customers are receiving the high standard of product they expect.

I’m sorry that it hasn’t met your expectation this time but please be reassured we will put this right when we have received the return and inspected."

Can I demand a re-strike like others are getting? We all deserve one...

I don't have an account manager and they are apparently restriking mine. 

14 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

Just to keep everyone updated- I just checked and have now been fully refunded.

did you get your postage refunded as they couldn't even get that right for me.

Really disappointing but I am really missing these coins in my hands, lol. 

7 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Slam I didn’t and ill just cut my losses on the delivery charge. Won’t be buying silver from them again. 

You absolutely should follow up about your return postage costs. Just hound them, its their problem not yours. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, FlorinCollector said:

@BackyardBullion I didn’t get charged anything for return they gave me label. I thought he meant the £9 for them sending in the first place. I’m not sure if you can even claim that.

Well, I would. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@BackyardBullionDo you know if you can claim that £9 original delivery cost?

As a customer satisfaction principle I would say the RM should refund it (as you returned it) and offer free delivery on the replacement set 🙂

Edited by Rll1288

It cost me 29 to send it back SD. I wasn't keen to send something worth 1800 back and not fully understanding where I stand in case it went missing.

Which reminds me. I should claim that back...

They are re-striking my set too! (I do not have an account manager)

I think this will be the case for everyone who returned and asked for a replacement, I hope so.

Seems to me they now realise they have a problem with these sets!

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

It cost me 29 to send it back SD. I wasn't keen to send something worth 1800 back and not fully understanding where I stand in case it went missing.

Which reminds me. I should claim that back...

Yes you should

48 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Paulo I put in a complaint alongside the request for a new set and was told refund was my only option. I have taken the refund as they are a joke but was given no other option and the complaint has not been followed up. 

I think if you would prefer a replacement, then you should ask for one. The worst they can say is no, but I think they will say yes. They should see it as fair to treat you the same as any other customer and offer the late replacement, unless they really have hit their mintage limits. 

Also, I'm pretty sure you're entitled to your £9 postage back along with the full refund as you were returning because of a fault. 

39 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Slam I didn’t and ill just cut my losses on the delivery charge. Won’t be buying silver from them again. 

I chased them up and they said they will refund the postage too. So will be worth giving them a call if you want the £9. :)

Also note before sending them back, I confirmed who was liable if products were returned. Me or the royal mail, they said as soon as I give the parcel to royal mail post office and got a proof of sending it back then the liability is with the royal mail. Any problems they will speak to Royal Mail. This was me using the return label they sent me via email and also the slip in the original parcel.

On 04/07/2021 at 08:35, TeaTime said:

WARNING - unpopular opinion coming.....

All of those people complaining of fibres inside the capsule. It happens, and has always happened. The RM do not place the coins in to the capsule in a vacuum and small fibres will always find their way into the capsule. It is NOT a defect.

Milk spots and a hazy surface will always happen on silver coins - it's the nature of the material and what has, historically, been considered part of the charm of collecting silver. Let's face it - if you keep silver coins for any length of time they will tarnish. Period. Anyone who is not aware of milk-spotting on RM coins must have been living under a rock for the last 20 years.

Scratches, dings and damage on proof coins are considered defects, pretty much everything else is not. 

If nothing else, this thread may at least have one positive outcome - it may deter flippers from buying up all RM new releases to the detriment of genuine collectors....

Would be happy to hear your thoughts on the quality of my replacement £640 SOTD sovereign

Am I being fussy asking for another replacement or would you keep it?  I'd be happy to sell it to you for £640 plus postage

st1.jpeg

st2.jpeg

st4.jpeg

20 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

@GoldDiggerDave Is that a rash ?! Or maybe just plastic shaving from the straight edge rubbing on capsule ? 

No it’s the actual rim of the coin, scratches, missing frosting.  Utterly P poor. I’m almost done with Matt sovereigns I’ve returned more than I’ve kept, even returned the one I struck myself on the VIP tour because it had flaws in the fields.   I’ve got 21 more coins coming 1/4 +2oz 10 coin sets plus completer I’m guessing 16-17 rejects in 21?  Any more bets?