• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

I can see the royal mint has also released the bullion version and they’ve added a 1 kilo version also..

I wonder how big the kilo version would be and would it be a good investment? 

7 hours ago, NewCoins said:

The status of my returned set in closed orders seems to have changed to a -1 quantity and - cost.

That would seem like it's going to be refunded, or is that standard ?

Screenshot_20210706-073011_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did you find any further info on this?

16 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Did you find any further info on this?

No. I think its just going to be a waiting game until either the money turns up in my account or a set arrives. I think the former.

I might call them actually

Thanks.

Apparently they are refunding it and sending another set.

I don't believe that for one second though. I think the guy is getting confused with something else.

Edited by NewCoins

6 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Which one?

2oz silver. But like I said. He's getting mixed up as I had two orders on release day, one from customer services which I told him to cancel when the website started working. 

Thats why I think, he thinks, its been refunded and have sent another. At least that's my view.

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

2oz silver. But like I said. He's getting mixed up as I had two orders on release day, one from customer services which I told him to cancel when the website started working. 

Thats why I think, he thinks, its been refunded and have sent another. At least that's my view.

Ahh I see. So that looks hopeful. 

I'm about to return the mini set if I can get round to it today, I'll post it on "today I returned"

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

Ahh I see. So that looks hopeful. 

I'm about to return the mini set if I can get round to it today, I'll post it on "today I returned"

I don't think its hopeful.

I think customer services are clueless 😂

One more disappointment here with my 2oz silver set received today, really beautiful coins with nice...milk spots.
I have also receive the 1/4oz silver set and everything seems ok . I have to say that I also love these little reverse proof, maybe even more than the 2oz set (maybe because I have been used to see the "standard" proof)

Very elegant coins, I can think that they will gain value over time 

Sorry to hear that.

I am hoping that there was a guy with a beard, socks and white sandals examining the coins I sent back, and carefully selecting a replacement set of adequate quality using his years of experience whilst scratching his beard a few times (away from the coins). His appariasial of coin quality is famous in the Royal Mint and nationally. He travels regularly doing conferences on coin quality and appraisal.

The reality is, a spotty teenager took the two returns that came in this morning, swapped them over and sent them back out.

Edited by NewCoins

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

Sorry to hear that.

I am hoping that there was a guy with a beard, socks and white sandals examining the coins I sent back, and carefully selecting a replacement set of adequate quality using his years of experience whilst scratching his beard a few times (away from the coins). His appariasial of coin quality is famous in the Royal Mint and nationally. He travels regularly doing conferences on coin quality and appraisal.

The reality is, a spotty teenager took the two returns that came in this morning, swapped them over the sent them back out.

Keep us informed about the RM decision to restrike or not. Have you tried to call someone at the RM ?

I have a second set coming probably tomorrow, may be I will be more lucky ? (but I don't count on it)

I am going to send back of course

14 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Keep us informed about the RM decision to restrike or not. Have you tried to call someone at the RM ?

I have a second set coming probably tomorrow, may be I will be more lucky ? (but I don't count on it)

I am going to send back of course

They haven't mentioned restriking at all today. Only the customer service guy said it might be a possibility on Friday before I returned.

If my replacement turns up in the next couple of days, I reckon its another return or they kept some back.

Edited by NewCoins

18 minutes ago, Shell said:

I doubt they will do re-strikes, this will ensure a lower than declared mintage. And what happens to the dies?

They will still have the dies, if they don't do restrikes the mintage will be tiny - they will look very stupid and inept, and have a LOT of very angry customers and bad press imvho.

I cannot believe those photos....absolutely appauling 🥺 The only way the RM will change and improve (Dramatically)...as if everyone boycotted them and stopped buying their proof coins and sets...but that will NEVER happen..so I'm afraid its "ya pay your money and take ya choice" getting coins that are what we all expect (proof meaning proof) or put up with receiving inferior PM's...

Anyone returning their coins and having issues should direct the Royal Mint to their own website where they confirm:

“What are Proof coins?

Proof coins are the highest quality commemorative coins. Their sharpness, detail and finish are unrivalled, making them perfect for collectors looking for highest levels of craftsmanship and detail.

The dies used to strike Proof coins are hand-finished to ensure that all imperfections are removed. Blanks are fed into the coin press by hand before being struck up to six times, at a lower speed and with less pressure than other finishes, to preserve the finer details of the design.

After striking, each coin is inspected for imperfections. The dies are cleaned with air between each coin to ensure that no marks or imperfections are caused during striking.

As a result of this extra care and attention, no more than 50 Proof coins can be struck within an hour. Proof dies are also regularly reworked to maintain the quality of the finish. Each Proof die may only strike a few hundred coins before it has to be repolished.”

https://www.royalmint.com/discover/coin-collecting/striking-standards/

21 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Anyone returning their coins and having issues should direct the Royal Mint to their own website where they confirm:

“What are Proof coins?

Proof coins are the highest quality commemorative coins. Their sharpness, detail and finish are unrivalled, making them perfect for collectors looking for highest levels of craftsmanship and detail.

The dies used to strike Proof coins are hand-finished to ensure that all imperfections are removed. Blanks are fed into the coin press by hand before being struck up to six times, at a lower speed and with less pressure than other finishes, to preserve the finer details of the design.

After striking, each coin is inspected for imperfections. The dies are cleaned with air between each coin to ensure that no marks or imperfections are caused during striking.

As a result of this extra care and attention, no more than 50 Proof coins can be struck within an hour. Proof dies are also regularly reworked to maintain the quality of the finish. Each Proof die may only strike a few hundred coins before it has to be repolished.”

https://www.royalmint.com/discover/coin-collecting/striking-standards/

Trouble is... although they state "no marks or imperfections are caused during striking"...  They have indicated that 68 and above is acceptable for the products as a whole when sending out to clients 🙂  To me on low mintage, high value items they need to look at the process post striking

4 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Trouble is... although they state "no marks or imperfections are caused during striking"...  They have indicated that 68 and above is acceptable for the products as a whole when sending out to clients 🙂  To me on low mintage, high value items they need to look at the process post striking

Sorry but this is absolute bullsh*t (their position, not your comment!) They have to be consistent. They cannot publish that section about striking standards and then say ‘oh the dust, milk spots are fine because it’s a 68’. Sorry, but they either follow their published standards or they don’t. If they don’t, then they should rewrite them accordingly to confirm that you may get a substandard coin when buying a new proof. 

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Sorry but this is absolute bullsh*t (their position, not your comment!) They have to be consistent. They cannot publish that section about striking standards and then say ‘oh the dust, milk spots are fine because it’s a 68’. Sorry, but they either follow their published standards or they don’t. If they don’t, then they should rewrite them accordingly to confirm that you may get a substandard coin when buying a new proof. 

I totally agree..... It really irks me that they don't see the post striking process as important and as we have seen (BYBs box for the 2oz QB's) items are clearly getting issues from the striking to the packaging and beyond.

It would be funny if they wrote "struck to the highest quality, well sometimes, and care taken to ensure they reach the customer in the same way, sometimes, with imperfections quality controlled for a better experience, sometimes" .. hahah

Edited by Rll1288