• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

5 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Replacement 1/4 silver set came today.

credit where it’s due, I’m really pleased with it. 

Mine was also without issues, that's not to say I do not remain wary of the Royal Mint, but since I'm not a flipper, therefore my purchases are much less than some.

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

3 hours ago, supes said:

My replacement QB 1/4 silver set arrived today, was all looking fairly good until I inspected the final coin!

Have returned for a refund, no more proof coins for me.

IMG_2855.png

Definitely a bad mark, but i'm not sure if it is worth a return. If it is just that, i would hold it. You are not buying a PF70 set and that's not a really major problem, like spots on 80% of your coins. It's not good, to let such a coin throgh QC, but for one mark on a 1/4 OZ coin of a ten coin set returning it? I think, i wouldn't do it. 

Just now, supes said:

Yes, was definitely a gouge. I'm just fed up with all the issues I've had with almost everything I've had from the RM.

I looked at my QB 1oz silver proof ‘completer’ coin the other day, only to discover it now has loads of milk spots!

Same here with 1oz and 2oz proof silver completers. I've sent them for grading + conservation in the hope that helps them grade ok. I'll let you know how that works out but I'm hoping for the best...

The way I see it, It's still a decent buy at RRP. Plenty of people have bought at high secondary market price and they will have the milk spots show up at some point too. 

16 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Same here with 1oz and 2oz proof silver completers. I've sent them for grading + conservation in the hope that helps them grade ok. I'll let you know how that works out but I'm hoping for the best...

The way I see it, It's still a decent buy at RRP. Plenty of people have bought at high secondary market price and they will have the milk spots show up at some point too. 

You guys are making me paranoid lol, I've just looked at my 2oz silver proof completer & am pleased to say it has zero spots, I think I'll grade it sometime to go with the 2oz graded Bu I'm looking for.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

It would be nice if everyone could just accept milk spots as par-for-the-course and therefor make no difference to grade or value. Premium silver would be much less stressful...

In an ideal world, it would be a bonus, like colourful toning. The milkier the better. You could even have special slab labels with milk bottles, or the milky bar kid. One day...

7 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

It would be nice if everyone could just accept milk spots as par-for-the-course and therefor make no difference to grade or value. Premium silver would be much less stressful...

In an ideal world, it would be a bonus, like colourful toning. The milkier the better. You could even have special slab labels with milk bottles, or the milky bar kid. One day...

Or udders! 🐄