• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

I ordered my 2 oz set on second day of release , when few more were available with delivery in early September. To my surprise got parcel from RM yesterday opened it and there is my 2oz set. I can clearly see is recycled one , bubble wrap was used before , capsules  not pristine  , look like somebody already checked them. Will have to check coins in daylight but clearly RM promised strike new set for collectors not happy with quality and send these sets back others customers waiting for later delivery.

I got through all topic but no one want disclosure COA number they send back.

4 hours ago, lubi29 said:

I ordered my 2 oz set on second day of release , when few more were available with delivery in early September. To my surprise got parcel from RM yesterday opened it and there is my 2oz set. I can clearly see is recycled one , bubble wrap was used before , capsules  not pristine  , look like somebody already checked them. Will have to check coins in daylight but clearly RM promised strike new set for collectors not happy with quality and send these sets back others customers waiting for later delivery.

I got through all topic but no one want disclosure COA number they send back.

Is it a good idea to confirm coa number? If so what was the number you received?  

On 09/07/2021 at 18:12, GoldDiggerDave said:

Would be happy to hear your thoughts on the quality of my replacement £640 SOTD sovereign

Am I being fussy asking for another replacement or would you keep it?  I'd be happy to sell it to you for £640 plus postage

st1.jpeg

st2.jpeg

st4.jpeg

I would absolutely not be happy with that. A proof coin that is showing obvious damage is unacceptable and should never have passed quality control. There is a huge difference between particles in a capsule and a damaged coin.

If you store a coin in a capsule it will not spontaneously become scratched - the same cannot be said for toning and milk spots. These can appear at any time and are in the nature of the material. In fact i would go so far as to say that discolouration on a Silver proof coin is inevitable. Damage is not. As a long time collector of numismatic silver my expectations are obviously different to a lot of people who are relatively new to collecting silver proofs.

Thanks for the offer but i stopped buying sovereigns when thay passed the £80 mark....   

On 09/07/2021 at 18:12, GoldDiggerDave said:

Would be happy to hear your thoughts on the quality of my replacement £640 SOTD sovereign

Am I being fussy asking for another replacement or would you keep it?  I'd be happy to sell it to you for £640 plus postage

st1.jpeg

st2.jpeg

st4.jpeg

I would absolutely not be happy with that. A proof coin that is showing obvious damage is unacceptable and should never have passed quality control. There is a huge difference between particles in a capsule and a damaged coin.

If you store a coin in a capsule it will not spontaneously become scratched - the same cannot be said for toning and milk spots. These can appear at any time and are in the nature of the material. In fact i would go so far as to say that discolouration on a Silver proof coin is inevitable. Damage is not. As a long time collector of numismatic silver my expectations are obviously different to a lot of people who are relatively new to collecting silver proofs.

Thanks for the offer but i stopped buying sovereigns when thay passed the £80 mark....   

No sign of a refund yet from the Mint. I think other people said they had a refund, whilst waiting for the restruck set to come in mid to late August.

Anyone else not has a refund yet ?

19 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

As received:
(Direct from the Royal Mint)

2021elizabethiigoldproofqueensbeastsquarteroz25pounds10coinsetfrostedfinishwhitehorseofhanoverwithmarksfrompoorpackagingreverseuneditedcrop.thumb.jpg.a43bc0b265682a54e23375ec691b07bf.jpg

The White Horse of Hanover gold proof quarter ounce coin which arrived sliding around in its box, showing an abnormally high number of scuffs and imperfections.

It is lucky that only one of the 10 coins escaped from its capsule during shipping, otherwise any scraping would have been metal on metal instead on metal on plastic.

Now, if I want to get this coin replaced, I suspect I will be expected to return the whole set rather than just the single coin. This risks the same thing happening again on the return journey to me.

Chards

5 hours ago, TeaTime said:

I may be newer than some of you, maybe 4 years or so. The Royal Mint seems to agree they dont pass their quality standards as they are restriking them.

I even think Lawrence was sending his silver proof set back due to milk spots.

It's OK for us to have different levels of acceptance on brand new proof coins.

Provided the Royal Mint provide me with a better set, restruck or otherwise, which they say they are going to do, then I am happy.

Edited by NewCoins

I sent back my set with a lot of milk spots  to my coin dealer .

There are only  300 numbers out from number one to 300, so what do you all think about the incoming numbers of the RESTRIKES ?

Do they become the number of the incoming sets or any new number like for example Nr. 301...

So, here are the fotos of my set with  the greates Top 5 Milkspot coins in my 2oz Silver Proof Set:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 Coins, each with much mor than ony one Milk Spot ... 🥵

I hope that this is not the Royal Mint " Standard"

So sad to see these coins that cost alot of ££££££ to be sent out in this state..unfortunately RM are not the best mint as you would expect when it comes. to proof silver. I personally don't buy proof coins from the RM, Bullion yes because although you should expect milk spots,toning etc it happens with silver but!!!!! Its a problem that occurs overtime but not on brand new releases from any mint.

Are you going to send your set back??.

Please do..I'm curious what the RM plan to do with so many sets going back. I've been hearing the sets people are sending back that  they are just sending out rejected sets they receive to other customers that have returned their sets? If so that is completely unacceptable, unprofessional and disgusting...they should re-strike the 300 sets they advertised even if it means a financial loss to the RM...as they should have struck them to proof standard without any milkspots.hairline scratches..box's that were damaged....their QC dept for what it is..nobody knows and I'm guessing from the feed back they have a blind 90 year old at the bottom of his garden,in a shed approving their coins.....

I've never seen any comments,reactions on here from the RM...which tells us everything....they don't give a S@$T.....as long as we are buying their silver proof coins in disgusting conditions..and they are charging us sky high premiums for their inferior products this will go on and on...future coins,sets they design and put out...knowing full well they are totally inferior products but as long as we keep buying them for £££££$$$$$$$$ and we buy them instead of saying.."up yours,stick your milkspotted proofs up your a#@e...they will continually knock em out and people will buy them hoping they get what they are paying for....as I said...and many others are starting to realise and won't buy from the RM..."GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OR LOSE CUSTOMERS"...

From customer services:

Thank you for your email.

If you send an item back to us, we would never give you one that has already been sent back, when you send us one back a coin or a set, we guarantee to send to you in exchange a brand new coin that hasn’t been touched by anyone else.

As we have had a couple of these coins back we are more than likely do a re strike on these coins.

I do hope this is of use.