• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

3 minutes ago, creative said:

I got my grade and sadly I’m one of the few that got a PF69 Ultra Cameo. Still at least that makes my decision of whether or not to sell it!

Hey mate,
It may not be the grade you were hoping for but on the positive side, you did manage to get a silver 3G. Loads of people missed out on it. You'll still be able to make a very healthy profit out of it 👍 You can then invest that in another purchase. Silver lining 😀

5 minutes ago, ExpatBrian said:

Hey mate,
It may not be the grade you were hoping for but on the positive side, you did manage to get a silver 3G. Loads of people missed out on it. You'll still be able to make a very healthy profit out of it 👍 You can then invest that in another purchase. Silver lining 😀

Ow yeah, I’m still happy with it! It’s just made my decision to sell to put towards a 1937 Proof Sovereign - my dream coin!

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

1 hour ago, creative said:

I got my grade and sadly I’m one of the few that got a PF69 Ultra Cameo. Still at least that makes my decision of whether or not to sell it!

What would you guess the value is?

Just now, NewCoins said:

What would you guess the value is?

I have zero idea. I was going to wait until a couple had sold either via eBay or auction. Currently there’s only one up on eBay for a crazy price.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

1 minute ago, creative said:

I have zero idea. I was going to wait until a couple had sold either via eBay or auction. Currently there’s only one up on eBay for a crazy price.

Imagine being Royal Mint/Soveriegn Rarities and being able to choose which ones to send off for grading. Lucky for some !

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Imagine being Royal Mint/Soveriegn Rarities and being able to choose which ones to send off for grading. Lucky for some !

Haha yeah I read some of that yesterday. Very sneaky with the invested relationship, but the mint won’t pass up on making more money. They literally make the money, that’s what they’re all about 😂

Edited by creative

22 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

The reality is they can provide the actual first strikes off a new die and ensure they are flawless strikes but I like to believe RM still included the dust in the capsules so they all need to be conserved just in case

6 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

The reality is they can provide the actual first strikes off a new die and ensure they are flawless strikes but I like to believe RM still included the dust in the capsules so they all need to be conserved just in case

Including dust seems to be standard. Incase of mine they even left the capsule open. Extra dust for free. How kind!

On 31/03/2021 at 13:33, creative said:

Just in case any of the guys who chose to have their coins graded through Chris and Coins of the Realm are wondering about their status, I enquired and they’re at the ‘Scheduled of Grading’ stage. Likely a while until we know those sweet, sweet grades.

Just heard back and I have a PF70 UC

The raw coins price seems to be dropping slightly below 2k now. But its hard to he sure.

As I think has been pointed out, there will likely be lots of graded hitting the market soon.

I am expecting a 69 at best due to not getting it conserved partly, and the dust/hairs. But I am a beginner so have no idea really.

I have decided to sell would hope to achieve above a raw coin. No idea what though. A finger in the air might be 2.5k to 3k assuming the demand holds. Who knows though.

9 minutes ago, damok666 said:

Do you have the dates yours went into the grading/quality control status? Mine has been there for maybe 4 to 5 days. Not sure if i have weeks or days to wait from this point.

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Do you have the dates yours went into the grading/quality control status? Mine has been there for maybe 4 to 5 days. Not sure if i have weeks or days to wait from this point.

I don’t sorry mate. It was sent to NGC by Coins of the Realm around the 4th of March but that’s all I know. 

29 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Yours must be due imminently then.

45 minutes ago, damok666 said:

Congratulations!

Im looking forward to getting the coin back now and checking out TSF label

1 hour ago, creative said:

Congratulations!

Im looking forward to getting the coin back now and checking out TSF label

Gotta say not sure I get TSF label. May detract from any resale with a non standard label that's very custom.

23 hours ago, goldhunter said:

Received  an email today from Sovereign Rarities about their new fixed price listings.

One was for a 2oz silver proof 3 Graces with a first day of issue label.

Asking price was £4800.

When I looked for it on their website it had already sold.

I believe Sovereign Rarities are an arm of the Royal Mint. This would explain how 50+ two ounce silver Graces where graded so fast by NGC.

They must have been retained by the Royal Mint and excluded from the website release last month.

Not sure what what qualifies a coin like this for a First Day of Issue label . Given that these are proof non-circulation coins that sold out within an hour or so of being launched, aren't they all First Day of Issue? cf stamp first day covers. Looks like a marketing ploy to make them seem more exclusive than all the rest. 

2 hours ago, terakris said:

Gotta say not sure I get TSF label. May detract from any resale with a non standard label that's very custom.

It might detract a small few, but if someone wants the coin but doesn’t like label, they can always get the label changed.

4 hours ago, creative said:

It might detract a small few, but if someone wants the coin but doesn’t like label, they can always get the label changed.

Agreed. I hope a 70 will still reach the same price as another with a different label above it...as i'm going to be having TSF label on mine 😅

78av.gif

• Founder & Administrator
8 hours ago, terakris said:

5 hours ago, creative said:

The TSF label was deliberately designed to work well in collections with the standard NGC label and the NGC blue first releases / early releases label. The label is very minimalistic to appeal to a larger group, and coins graded with this TSF label do not look out of place in a collection with standard and blue first release / early releases labels. I am sure that anyone who likes the standard NGC labels will also like the TSF label, though of course it is impossible to release a product that absolutely everyone likes, and is why there are such a wide amount of products that exist in any market. 

Also we are growing TSF year after year, and the aim is that eventually all precious metals collectors in the world will be aware of the forum, making the TSF brand more well known and the TSF branded label more and more popular year after year :) 

Edit, some stats on forum growth: In 2020 alone there were 6520 new member registrations, if you compare this to the total amount of forum members (currently around 14,700) you can see how there was an incredibly large % growth in 2020. The following several years we are expecting TSF to grow even further as our marketing budget increases year after year. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 03/04/2021 at 16:08, creative said:

I usually price in the cost, time risk and hassle on the basis I can change special labels. I use to be attracted to the different labels when I first started collecting but soon realised it’s much harder to complete a set that matches and the simplest labels are the least distracting from the coin. 

Interesting times ahead with the three graces all being graded now 

I was interested in special labels and saw the appeal, but think @sovtsfis right re: the simplest label being less distracting from the coin and keeping the labelling consistent, after all, the attention should be on the coin and not so much on the label.

I think the NGC holders are really nice and love the hologram on the reverse.  What I personally think shows the coin off really well is, the PCGS holder, with it having more transparent plastic around the coin.

If buying on the secondary market, buy the coin and not the holder and if you have a preference as to which holder it sits in, you can always transfer, if needed.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

Could anyone confirm the cost of grading the 2oz silver coin with conservation 

I am tempted to get mine done- yes latency the block but least I would know its condition 

Even around price is appreciated 

Mike