• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Anyone still have an "open order" with a value of £255 showing, not yet moved to completed. Has anyone rung Royal Mint and recevied confirmation that their coin will be sent.

Trying to figure out if I should give up hope at this point.

Cheers 

Ugh, the lighting is so awful here today, I cannot believe I am complaining about the glaring sunlight - but it don't make it good for filming!

Livestream in about 15 minutes 

Maybe have to wait until tomorrow for the 4k video for the better light, I will see how it looks. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

For those that want to watch the live unboxing, we will be live in about 5 minutes 

https://youtu.be/JSjKoyTDVCs

My stuff seemingly is held up at the Royal Mail. Even an earlier order from Feb 17 ist still listed as:

'Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country.'

Don't know if it is related to Brexit or the plague or a combination thereof.

4 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

My stuff seemingly is held up at the Royal Mail. Even an earlier order from Feb 17 ist still listed as:

'Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country.'

Don't know if it is related to Brexit or the plague or a combination thereof.

Dude I’m in Australia and I have a package from January 28 which still has the exact same message.

I’ve been told to expect a 4 week delay past normal timelines for international shipping by the Royal Mail.

I believe it has to do with Covid! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by westminstrel

13 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

No need to apologise, I was having fun answering all of it.

It might be a good idea, now he has the coin, to ask them precisely why, and tell them it caused considerable inconvenience, and see what they say.

Probably the main point is that a bank transfer becomes cleared funds when received, although BACS can take 2 or 3 days, whereas a debit card payment works differently, the recipient gets notified what payments are incoming, but these still don't get credited until a few days later. Also debit cards can be subject to recharge. It's slightly more detailed than that, but that's a good approximation. Credit cards are even less secure from the recipient's point of view.

Thanks for your efforts Lawrence- I think it is standard practice of the Mint to ask a first time buyer of an expensive item to be asked to complete the purchase by bank transfer- which is fair enough for the potential scenario's you have cited above.  

The point is however, not the request for this payment method, but not listening to the Customer and providing assurance that the coin would be held for him until funds were available to him to send over.  Their response was, 'tough, re-send the payment and pay £10k for our £5k coin, or risk losing it altogether', albeit said to him in a polite way.

I think when the dust settles, I will encourage my Son to talk to them, and let them know not only about the inconvenience caused, but ask them to consider the wider implications- the importance of Customer Service.   This should have been a very happy and feel good purchase for him, it was his first foray into high premium coin purchasing, and if he didn't have my support he might well have had to throw the towel in as he couldn't have mustered another £5k to complete the purchase, and have walked away from this and any future purchases from the RM with a sour taste in his mouth.  

Buying a non-essential item like a lump of premium Gold or Silver is not just about getting the item, its about the whole experience which makes the purchase satisfying and the relationship with the business can be cemented for many, many years- you will of course know this Lawrence, but I wonder why the RM don't get it?   

It reminds me of when I used to work for an old fashioned Butcher business, my boss was a charismatic, straight to the point Yorkshireman, and did business face to face, paid cash and shook hands on the deal and never went back on his word, but expected the same in return.  

I remember going with him to a Car Dealership forecourt to buy two Vans as we were expanding the wholesale side of the business- he already had a fleet of 8.  He walked onto the forecourt which was adorned with balloons and sales signage, and waited patiently whilst kicking the tyres on one of the Vans he wished to purchase.  

No one came to attend to us, the sales team of four men in suits sipping fizzy wine with a handful of 'customers' in a small marquee.  My boss beckoned one of them over and he very reluctantly obliged and asked, 'can I help'- my boss asked to take the Van for a test drive and the response was 'I can't bring a Van onto the Forecourt, its the new Toyota Corolla Launch Day'.  My boss turned on his heels, and bid him good- day.   Subsequently, we travelled to a garage across town, he bought one Van there and then in cash and asked them to deliver the two vans by the end of the week when he would pay for the other.  A few months later he traded in 4 of his other Vans with the same dealer.

It pays to listen to your customers needs.  

21 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

My postman is taking the Mickey  today 

I swear he hasn't moved his van in half an hour 

Since covid the post has gone to pot we had a delivery at 3pm the other day 

Gone are the days of 1st and 2nd post 

Mine not arrived yet either. Had the normal post but not the parcel I am waiting for eagerly 

12 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Mine not arrived yet either. Had the normal post but not the parcel I am waiting for eagerly 

Relaxing Harp Music, Calming Music, Relaxation Music, Meditation Music, Instrumental Music, ☯3346 - YouTube

Listen and relax while you wait for your coins 😃

Looking so wonderful this coin. 

One small issue that is not on the capsule, looks like a little piece of dust or something, I am no expert but is this the kind of thing that conservation with a coin grader might help with?

PXL_20210226_125516903.thumb.jpg.404826fb214dfa5b7305341d6c02d717.jpg

Otherwise, I could not be happier, it looks wonderful and has so much going for it as a coin. 

PXL_20210226_125244257.thumb.jpg.c4b306b4073930e2c3c0c387b3ef39d8.jpg

PXL_20210226_125305069.thumb.jpg.9dabf04ad8c84617f5278243ab88634c.jpg

PXL_20210226_125332433.thumb.jpg.39bd03eb4d08b181161e5aa6351cc71e.jpg

PXL_20210226_125343497.thumb.jpg.ce5865a58842499835f55520fe41beae.jpg

I was a little concerned about the rim of the coin on the Queens side above 2020, but upon closer look on the 4k video It looks fine

Rim.jpg

Well if we’re all posting images 😆

• Very happy with the lower COA
  • Very happy with the overall quality
  • All marks appear to be on the capsule
  • Upset by the amount of dust and particles on and inside the capsule...as usual

49687659-4C8F-48FD-ACD8-6BBD59A11391.jpeg

CCD32A10-4F8A-4529-9F0F-05CBB34EBD86.jpeg

7BDDC55E-6591-49F1-8B14-DC124C2672C0.jpeg

4934FA3D-16E1-4D26-8CB1-B585C9750E6E.jpeg

CC139C44-07C5-4346-9C4C-BFBE68ADF46C.jpeg

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

One small issue that is not on the capsule, looks like a little piece of dust or something, I am no expert but is this the kind of thing that conservation with a coin grader might help with?

For silver, conservation can't remove any milk spotting or any hairlines (I think some may already know that).

Blemishes or dust, that look like that on your coin may be removed, as long is it's not linked to the beginning of any kind of milk spotting (sorry, if I'm worrying you 😲).

I'd recommend you send it for conservation first before grading (if you decide to grade), as you mention and if you can bypass any 'middle-man' (person) when you send it off to be conserved and then graded, you have an even better chance of your coin coming back to you and being conserved (i.e. less 'mistakes' can happen).

If it is a gold coin, then you could wait a while to see if copper spots appear and then send off for conservation and grading.  That way, if you do have copper spots appear, you only send the coin off once (well, in theory that is!) and you could do this, if you're not too bothered about a 'first releases' designation on the holder.

Good luck and look forward to seeing plenty of 70's, if you're grading! 😃 👍

Edited by GoldenGriffin

1 hour ago, GregK said:

Anyone still have an "open order" with a value of £255 showing, not yet moved to completed. Has anyone rung Royal Mint and recevied confirmation that their coin will be sent.

Trying to figure out if I should give up hope at this point.

Cheers 

Yes i know someone who has the same. Hopefully it will get updated to complete and sent out but the RM site is a bit pants and I still have "Open" orders that ive had years ago.... its not the best site .

11 minutes ago, creative said:

Well if we’re all posting images 😆

• Very happy with the lower COA
  • Very happy with the overall quality
  • All marks appear to be on the capsule
  • Upset by the amount of dust and particles on and inside the capsule...as usual

49687659-4C8F-48FD-ACD8-6BBD59A11391.jpeg

CCD32A10-4F8A-4529-9F0F-05CBB34EBD86.jpeg

7BDDC55E-6591-49F1-8B14-DC124C2672C0.jpeg

4934FA3D-16E1-4D26-8CB1-B585C9750E6E.jpeg

CC139C44-07C5-4346-9C4C-BFBE68ADF46C.jpeg

Lovely looking coin! Did you open the capsule and remove the dust/particles?

2 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

Ok so just got the 2oz £G and RM have struck again..... Unbelievable... Guysn Girls... make sure you check yours out

RM_3G_Issue.jpg

OK RM have said that the issue is being discussed at their Management level as they have had a few with issues. If anyone from RM on here please take note that any solution must take into account the "fever" around this coin and the fact that if they were to just refund payment it won't inspire trust in the future. If you have to remint a few and dispose of the bad ones then so be it but lets get a solution fast!