• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I want to show.....

24 minutes ago, SemolinaPilchard said:

_FBW1007.jpg

Should we buy these for ER IIndoors, to keep ER happy?

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

After a nice summer in Greece, I had to come back yesterday to Germany. Two good things here, you can threw you're toilet paper into the porcelain god and i could get some of my coins after three months out of the safe deposit. This one here, the 2020 2 OZ COOK Islands Steampunk, is an absolute stunner. Unbelievable strike with lots of well thinked details. Every time I hold this coin, i'm really impressed and could watch it for hours.

20220921_215355.jpg

20220921_215332.jpg

20220921_215428.jpg

Can understand why the details in it are wonderful!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

On 22/09/2022 at 19:12, dikefalos said:

After a nice summer in Greece, I had to come back yesterday to Germany. Two good things here, you can threw you're toilet paper into the porcelain god and i could get some of my coins after three months out of the safe deposit. This one here, the 2020 2 OZ COOK Islands Steampunk, is an absolute stunner. Unbelievable strike with lots of well thinked details. Every time I hold this coin, i'm really impressed and could watch it for hours.

20220921_215355.jpg

20220921_215332.jpg

20220921_215428.jpg

I've not been a great fan of coloured or gilded coins, but this one might just make me revise that opinion.  It's fabulous!  Any idea who the artist is?

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

So, most of my Q3 stuff is in - astute observers will notice that there's a missing pile of Krugerrands, and there's also a bit of numismatic stuff still en route.  Perhaps I will take another photo once all the Q3 stuff is in.  It's starting to look like a stack now, though, so -

image.thumb.jpeg.67adb11848a4feaf802040c4e7d8dfc9.jpeg

Q4's plan is a bit more prosaic and longer on gold - a few sovs, a 1/4 oz Tudor lion and maybe a 1oz brit.  Possibly some other bits and bobs of silver in the numismatic space.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

38 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

I've not been a great fan of coloured or gilded coins, but this one might just make me revise that opinion.  It's fabulous!  Any idea who the artist is?

Her name is Sybil Eberle. Here is a little article by her, about designing this Steampunk coin.

https://www.cit.li/2021/05/25/12364/

I guess, the other two Steampunk coins are also created by her, but have no information about this. CIT doesn't give much information about the designers, which imo is a shame. For me they are the most innovative company, if it comes to modern coins. Would be good to know, who is creating/engraving/designing their ideas.

And the last of the Q3 silver has arrived.  I also got a 1kg copper bar for ***** and giggles.  According to the vendor it's .99999 fine; not sure whether to take that with a grain of salt. Now, the emphasis in silver is off straight bullion and onto collectibles and semi-collectibles such as the dollaridoos.  I may pick up the odd tube of Brits if it happens along at the confluence of price and available cash.

It's starting to look like a stack now.  Q4 is mostly gold, as is 2023

image.thumb.jpeg.81e8b1bf2a5b664ec0d2eea8fe7baf9d.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2022 at 12:42, Silverlocks said:

And the last of the Q3 silver has arrived.  I also got a 1kg copper bar for ***** and giggles.  According to the vendor it's .99999 fine; not sure whether to take that with a grain of salt. Now, the emphasis in silver is off straight bullion and onto collectibles and semi-collectibles such as the dollaridoos.  I may pick up the odd tube of Brits if it happens along at the confluence of price and available cash.

It's starting to look like a stack now.  Q4 is mostly gold, as is 2023

image.thumb.jpeg.81e8b1bf2a5b664ec0d2eea8fe7baf9d.jpeg

The Cynics would have appreciated the copper more than the Stoics i think.

On 08/10/2022 at 06:24, Zeuk said:

Been on the forum a month now so figured I'd drop a photo in of progress to date and something I can look back on in a year or so ... ive had a few motivations for getting into stacking.  I've always invested and grown a small portfolio over the years, moving from short term, to being lazy and just riding with the ups and downs.  I moved to cash in time for the last financial crisis but even that hasnt seemed particularly sensible this time around, my situation is also different in that ive got a couple of kids growing up and I keep them more in mind with any saving I do.  Lastly there's a fair bit of pleasure to be had from owning some of the things you can buy - gold with the head, silver with the heart (and some of the head).  Ive tried to buy things that i think will stay reasonably desirable and be easy enough to shift.

Shout out to this forum for being a gem of information and opening up interests that i'd never have otherwise discovered, the membership has no doubt paid for itself already and kudos to the folks ive bought from, lots of high integrity people here.

I'll be pacing myself more going forward, the cost averaging went out the window so far, but pretty happy with the prices ive paid.  (drinking a bottle of sauv tonight, so maybe one last purchase, i do need that kg bar... and a gold QB/TB)

IMG_0651.jpg

Nice stash 

Aaaahhh😉

London Good Delivery Bar

I'd like to show my newly acquired 400 oz (13kg) 99.79% gold Bar. The Bank of England are allowing me to keep it in the Museum for free; to come and go whenever I like to touch it etc. However, last time, I tried to take it home, but failed miserably!

I can only dream, but my sprained wrist keeps waking me up! 😃

IMG_3313.jpg

15 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

London Good Delivery Bar

I'd like to show my newly acquired 400 oz (13kg) 99.79% gold Bar. The Bank of England are allowing me to keep it in the Museum for free; to come and go whenever I like to touch it etc. However, last time, I tried to take it home, but failed miserably!

IMG_3313.jpg

@James32 has a four poster bed made of them!

21 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

London Good Delivery Bar

IMG_3313.jpg

Well, don't spend too much time on it.  It's rude to play with your good delivery bar in public.

Edited by Silverlocks

Thanks boys for all your constructive comments. I hope you’re not suggesting I should commit theft?!! I have already tried tungsten-carbide blades fitted under my finger nails to scratch enough off! Question for modofantasma. Did you not do Physics at school, as gold is not magnetic?!…….

Might change my name to ‘Gold Fingers’ after this. 

On 13/10/2022 at 10:20, Britannia47 said:

London Good Delivery Bar

IMG_3313.jpg

So, here I am playing with my sovereigns.  I feel slightly inadequate . . .

image.thumb.jpeg.99c03b876ecb553a0311f4ca19f251f0.jpeg

Edward VII is a hot topic at present with a remastered image in the latest Monarch series.

This is the my sum total of 8 sovereigns and 6 x Silver 1902 Coronation coins by DeSaulles. The Matt Proof Florin reverse shows Britannia, an image which may have inspired Machins later image.

B404379A-78FC-4003-8B8E-B9B245AE9D1B.jpeg