• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I want to show.....

7 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

A few photos indeed!  Where have you been hiding with your massive hoard of Mexican Silver and Gold?
I am now pronouncing you the TSF ‘know it all ‘ for said coins. I know very little of these, but have always wanted a gold Libertad. All I have is a single 50 Peso at present! - great Eagle & Snake.😃

CD82CB74-C508-4978-90B8-264B65496891.jpeg

🤣🤣 I have been hiding no where mate, I have been here all along but have just been a bit low key recently. Happy to be TSF "know it all" for Mexican coins, I think I may have an addiction to all things Mexican silver/gold but I have not been able to admit that yet. If only there was a charity for peolpe addicted to coins then maybe I could give them a ring 🤣

Nice work on your 50 pesos sir. They are a lovely chunk of gold and a thing of beauty 😍🇲🇽

7 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

A few photos indeed!  Where have you been hiding with your massive hoard of Mexican Silver and Gold?
I am now pronouncing you the TSF ‘know it all ‘ for said coins. I know very little of these, but have always wanted a gold Libertad. All I have is a single 50 Peso at present! - great Eagle & Snake.😃

CD82CB74-C508-4978-90B8-264B65496891.jpeg

You need to look out for and collect more bud you don't know what you are missing out on 🤣. I will have to get my collection together after Christmas and post a few pictures 

On 24/12/2022 at 20:25, Britannia47 said:

Before Sovereigns it was numismatic Silver. This 1900 Florin is probably the best of the lot, especially for toning….

031FB73C-4F7C-4323-8FE7-188C4DD0E486.jpeg

Lovely example, there. Well done. Did you buy it here or at an auction site? Would love to emulate you. 

2 hours ago, Divmad said:

Lovely example, there. Well done. Did you buy it here or at an auction site? Would love to emulate you. 

Neither of the above! It was bought about 25 years ago when I was collecting Victorian silver. 
Like most Silver it will develop toning or patina over time. It’s been kept in a box up until now. The colouration started a few years ago, but that is just pot-luck. Mostly the Silver will just darken, but in this case it’s become very attractive. I think most collectors would prefer it in this condition. Motto: Never clean your old silver - certainly more valuable if left alone. I have no idea as to it’s value by the way!….. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2023 at 15:41, Britannia47 said:

Reverse comparison of the 2022 Sovereigns. Busy v Not Busy? Preferences?

C3FB91DE-D350-44B2-AE76-EE586EC0F2CB.jpeg

I prefer the not busy as its shows up better..... looks more distinctive to me

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Today I found my South African 1 rand 1/10 proof coin given to me on the 30th anniversary of the first heart transplant. I have since lost the COA can anyone talk me how much does that effect the value . I think there were only like 2000 minted ? 

FAF96AFB-B385-482B-A994-BDDFBF3513FC.jpeg

1304FEBB-295F-4268-936C-33FE1D68E486.jpeg

I really like these coins gold and silver something about them always pulls me towards them . I’m struggling to move towards sovereigns so I started getting the sovereigns that were minted in South Africa maybe it will make it easier to move away from Krugers . Lol 

On 21/01/2023 at 18:13, Iacabu said:

Keeping with the theme....just received a couple of these, my first 'Krugerrand' 

20230120_084942.jpg

20230120_084930.jpg

By just looking at it, this Krugerrand seems suspect to me, and maybe a fake. If I am correct, the first silver Krugerands were issued in 2017 

Edited by Frenchie

8 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

This Krugerrand seems suspect to me, and maybe a fake. And if I am correct, the first silver Krugerands were issued in 2017 

Looks ok for a 1 GRAM Krug? What seems suspect to you and is there really any point faking one?

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia98459.html

Edited by Skyfiller

The first silver 1oz Krugerrands were limited numbers of silver proof in 2017. Since 2018 they have produced bullion 1oz the 1g were silver proofs only 2012

Edited by Petra
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Petra said:

The first silver 1oz Krugerrands were limited numbers of silver proof in 2017. Since 2018 they have produced bullion 1oz the 1g were silver proofs only 2012

I bow to your superior knowledge @Petra and agree with you 👍🏻

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/729027146.html

1 minute ago, Skyfiller said:

I bow to your superior knowledge @Petra and agree with you 👍🏻

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/729027146.html

Sure someone is able to find it worthwhile to fake them! Then again, as soon as you go on that site you probably are looking for something that you know is not only cheap but fake to enable you to ……??