• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, SlugForAButt said:

I'm finding it very telling that even with all the financial shenanigans going on, that gold has shot up to almost exactly the point I was looking at as a price breakout (over £1650), and then started dropping again. Almost as if the market was being manipulated to keep gold on a level.

Surely circumstances and fear should have seen it go higher? But to hit a predictable point and then drop?

Something stinks, but at least it's more time to collect at a reasonable price.

gold1.JPG

There is supposed to be a huge increase in demand for gold... but the price falls!

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/its-getting-real-unease-over-banking-sector-turmoil-spurs-huge-demand-precious-metals

2 hours ago, gji25 said:

deutsche bank.jpg

Bully knows. If that goes down the pipe its game over. Thats proppin up the euro....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

12 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’ll sell my tubes of 2022 jubilees at £560 a sov…..so just have to wait for about another 3 weeks! 

Is RM Bullion playing sell the dream on the bullion side now too? 😬 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

For the record if something doesnt happen over the weekend Deutsche Bank could be in REAL trouble  come monday morning....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

£1620 we have ended the week at 

Silver up a bit on the week. Gold down a bit on the week. Maybe it will go down a bit more over the next few weeks so we can all continue making more purchases and adding to our stacks. Hopefully da mooooon will wait a little bit longer.

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Is RM Bullion playing sell the dream on the bullion side now too? 😬 

don’t think so but for me this is the point where I would sell a few tubes of 2022 jubilee’s  some dealers are already placing a nice premium on them at £460 each today,  at £560 a sov and this is not in the realms of “silver dreaming” when you consider a 2017 sovereign was £197 each this is what I was paying for them.  

£560, or 14k per tube  (4.5k return per tube) is a reasonable target over time regardless if there is a banking/economic crisis.  

55 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

don’t think so but for me this is the point where I would sell a few tubes of 2022 jubilee’s  some dealers are already placing a nice premium on them at £460 each today,  at £560 a sov and this is not in the realms of “silver dreaming” when you consider a 2017 sovereign was £197 each this is what I was paying for them.  

£560, or 14k per tube  (4.5k return per tube) is a reasonable target over time regardless if there is a banking/economic crisis.  

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

On 15/01/2015 at 16:15, Paul said:

Now today just two and bit months on @ £832 

I not to shabby turnaround in such a short space of time, nearly 14% appreciation!

Meanwhile, @Paul in 2023 be like:

Astronaut Swimming Star GIF - Astronaut Swimming Star GIFs

"£1,832/oz gold, here we come!"

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.