• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

7 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

From 2000 to 20022 Golds performance average in GBP is 10.8%  😍

Web capture_27-3-2023_231555_www.youtube.com.jpeg

Imagine in the next 5 years at 10.8% will take gold to £2,324.31 per oz with an increase of 54%.   We will collectively be cheering and also wincing we can't buy as much as we use to.  At this price a sovereign will be around £588 each.  

I can genuinely see gold being much higher 2007-2012 averaged around 26% for the 5 years when we had the last banking crisis applying and average of 26% over the next 5 years would make gold £3471.77 an increase of over 130% a sovereign in this scenario would now be around £879 each.....😳😁

17 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Imagine in the next 5 years at 10.8% will take gold to £2,324.31 per oz with an increase of 54%.   We will collectively be cheering and also wincing we can't buy as much as we use to.  At this price a sovereign will be around £588 each.  

I can genuinely see gold being much higher 2007-2012 averaged around 26% for the 5 years when we had the last banking crisis applying and average of 26% over the next 5 years would make gold £3471.77 an increase of over 130% a sovereign in this scenario would now be around £879 each.....😳😁

I don't know how anyone could afford to pay that...🤔

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Imagine in the next 5 years at 10.8% will take gold to £2,324.31 per oz with an increase of 54%.   We...

£2648... the wonders of compound interest.

As even Einstein said, Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it…he who doesn't… pays it.”

The other thing thing to consider is Gresham’s law.  As gold becomes more valuable you are less likely to sell it. So even if gold rise to astronomical levels you can never realise the profit as you are far less likely to liquidate….  I’m just thinking out loud as I’m working on a plan/point  when should you liquidate?  Ideally some into other assets classes or things you my need……pointless being the richest person in the graveyard. 

£1588.80 GBP as of 09.27am

Personally, I've no plan in mind to liquidate.

I see metals, assets and potentially Bitcoin as a hedge against govt corruption.

With it being announced by the BoE that the programmable UK CBDC is coming and will be restricted to a maximum of £20k per person in savings (for the plebs anyway), I see metals as a preservation of financial freedom. That's why I'm not too worried about daily changes in price.

25 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The other thing thing to consider is Gresham’s law.  As gold becomes more valuable you are less likely to sell it. So even if gold rise to astronomical levels you can never realise the profit as you are far less likely to liquidate….  I’m just thinking out loud as I’m working on a plan/point  when should you liquidate?  Ideally some into other assets classes or things you my need……pointless being the richest person in the graveyard. 

£1588.80 GBP as of 09.27am

Bartering springs to mind. 

REMEMBER BIG PHARMA WANT YOU UNHEALTHY TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOU 

SAY NO TO THE VAX - YOU CANNOT UNVACCINATE 

QUESTION EVERYTHING -  NEVER TRUST GOVERMENTS

6 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Please don't get me wrong. I'm all in with metals. My only concern is I've overheard several random conversations now at the supermarket. Petrol station forecourt, builders merchants even whilst I was fishing, a couple came by walking the dog, all talking gold. What's the saying. "When the shoeshine boy starts giving you stock tips, run".

We must live in very different areas!  Most conversations I overhear are about how to pay the electricity bill and the rising cost of food!

18 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

We must live in very different areas!  Most conversations I overhear are about how to pay the electricity bill and the rising cost of food!

True. Although I do travel, and it's been in the media a bit. Your not from Shropshire are you. Only overheard people talking about dogs there or beer.

1 hour ago, ZRPMs said:

Please don't get me wrong. I'm all in with metals. My only concern is I've overheard several random conversations now at the supermarket. Petrol station forecourt, builders merchants even whilst I was fishing, a couple came by walking the dog, all talking gold. What's the saying. "When the shoeshine boy starts giving you stock tips, run".

Wow.

I've not heard anyone talk about it. I only know 1 other person who stacks gold, and the friends/family I've spoken to about it forget as soon as the lecture ends.

All I hear from people is that the govt will make sure everything's OK, and they carry on as normal.

31 minutes ago, SlugForAButt said:

Wow.

I've not heard anyone talk about it. I only know 1 other person who stacks gold, and the friends/family I've spoken to about it forget as soon as the lecture ends.

All I hear from people is that the govt will make sure everything's OK, and they carry on as normal.

Perhaps I've just have big ears or a nosey g!t. Admittedly the first time I over heard gold mentioned was regarding where they was going to sell it as they had just had some passed to them from a grand parent that had passed away. For balance there is more about the price of everything at the moment. My point was that from not hearing anything about gold / silver a few years ago. People are starting to take notice of the price of the stuff (Well gold really never heard them talk about silver). If that's a good thing or a bad thing. That's up to you.

58 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Perhaps I've just have big ears or a nosey g!t. Admittedly the first time I over heard gold mentioned was regarding where they was going to sell it as they had just had some passed to them from a grand parent that had passed away. For balance there is more about the price of everything at the moment. My point was that from not hearing anything about gold / silver a few years ago. People are starting to take notice of the price of the stuff (Well gold really never heard them talk about silver). If that's a good thing or a bad thing. That's up to you.

As mentioned above, we must just live in different types of area.

3 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Not always, depends whose shoe he is shining, not heard how Aristotle Onassis started? …. Over hearing telephone calls on a switch board.

4 hours ago, SlugForAButt said:

Wow.

I don't talk to anyone about it, not even close relatives.  One of my mates did make an off the cuff suggestion of buying gold one day when we were chatting about general finance and inflation, but it was an off the cuff throwaway remark to which I responded with a grunt.

Edited by flyingveepixie