• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

53 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Finland has officially joined NATO, this may be the reason for the jump up.

https://news.sky.com/story/finland-officially-joins-nato-as-russia-says-it-may-have-to-respond-12849651

I think it’s more the massive demand for PM in America and the indictment of Donald trump (preppers gonna prep). Just my opinion

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

On 29/03/2023 at 07:43, Cornishfarmer said:

I’ve been getting 7.5% interest for the past 5 years in an isa with a p2p lender min £20k. I think recently put rates up to 10% but can’t change rates until the last loan has matured.      Worked well for me but not everyone’s cup of tea

Yes, I've looked at those - may I ask who did you go with out of interest please ?

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 hour ago, ant1882 said:

Finland has officially joined NATO, this may be the reason for the jump up.

https://news.sky.com/story/finland-officially-joins-nato-as-russia-says-it-may-have-to-respond-12849651

I'm not convinced NATO, America and all that surrounds those type of Western alliances carry as much weight as they once did - particularly bearing in mind approx 80% of global population, including most countries either with massive natural resources, or an abundance of (relatively) cheaper labour are all now outside that group - hence, as we are now seeing, they are both able and happier to conduct trade and business without involving the $USD and either barter trading or using their own currencies, or, in cases, Gold!!

I suspect the seeds for this were initially sown back when the USA failed to support Saudi Arabia in any way against Iran and with all that has happened since with Covid, Ukraine, etc and using finance/s to wage proxy monetary war/s, China has now arguably both shocked and effectively replaced the USA by brokering a Middle Eastern deal - nobody saw that coming - so now we're entering completely unchartered waters, waters where commodities, including Gold, count - and count a lot.

America, in all it's wisdom, currently has sanctions against 40% of global oil supplying countries!!

6 minutes ago, bobski said:

I think it’s more the massive demand for PM in America and the indictment of Donald trump (preppers gonna prep). Just my opinion

If my comments above are in any way correct, Americans may have good cause to worry, especially as the $USD loses value, so I agree preppers gonna prep, plus the insane level of coverage legacy media are wasting on Trump makes such maters worse IMO.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

46 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Once you buy gold you want it to go to the moon, the second you want to buy some more you hope for a 24 hour crash.  

question to all what highs can you see for both silver and gold in 2023? 

Depends on lots of things as far as gold is concerned.  For silver I can predict the giddy height of around 20 quid an ounce, unless of course the paper silver scam crashes. We can only live in hope..

Edited by flyingveepixie

34 minutes ago, lst65 said:

£1800 by December I reckon….

No reason why not.  With the indictment of Trump the US has just turned into a banana republic.  Anything can happen...

I'm hearing that the main judge in this had previously vowed to 'get' Trump, and his wife, Mrs Judge, is apparently a bigwig in Kamala Harris's office. Infer what you will from that...🤔

Edited by flyingveepixie

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

£1800 by year end would be pleasant 

Tough one - I imagine that the long term stackers will keep plodding on but the short term stackers will need to make a decision at which point they will sell and make a profit. 

Just been going over my £ cost average for my sovereigns and half's I didn't realise it was as high but I suppose still low relative to current prices. £361.04 and half's £171.58. With an average £ cost per troy ounce of actual gold weight at £1,500.89 for all my gold purchases. I have a little buffer between spot and my cost. Not looking to sell yet still in the accumulating phase so any climb above this base line should be ok. £1,800 or £2,000 would be great.

42 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Anyone still buying ? once again I missed Tuesdays buying chance @£1584 before Trump was arrested but hopefully will catch the next 🤔

peepo-rocket.gif

oh-no-kermit.gif

Yes picked up a half ounce 2023 brit qe11 with very little premium,came in at the same premium as an ounce..so 410 a 1/4,just as it dipped before the little jump.

4 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Back to quarter sovereigns for me.

An overlooked coin I feel.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

7 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

No reason why not.  With the indictment of Trump the US has just turned into a banana republic.  Anything can happen...

I'm hearing that the main judge in this had previously vowed to 'get' Trump, and his wife, Mrs Judge, is apparently a bigwig in Kamala Harris's office. Infer what you will from that...🤔

The Podcast of the Lotus Eaters #624 | Lotus Eaters Dan Tubb really knows his stuff. Thoroughly recommend his Brokenomics series on the lotuseaters. Check out his segment on this episode of the podcast lol

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves