• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

31 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I'm watching the mints prices on sovs and brittanias to guage the real effect these price have on what's in my stack and the numbers are getting very high. Reckon we'll see 450 quid a soverign by the time this little affair is over?

Screenshot_20230320_043901_Chrome.thumb.jpg.720c6ecd2e3dcec49f79bac8764e674c.jpg

Screenshot_20230320_043814_Chrome.jpg

£192 my first sovereign purchase :(

{wheep } those were the days 

1 minute ago, ant1882 said:

This deal with Credit Suisse... done over a weekend, how is that possibly enough time to assess risk and know what other skeletons are in the closet? It isn't!

Damage limitation? 

Without wanting to be a downer in this exciting time for many, a few observations...

When doing some early morning shopping on my day of today I heard three builders walking round Tesco's talking about buying gold bullion, when I'm at work I regularly hear a radio ad saying "golds gone galactic" and offering to buy your gold.. When delivering the mail I recently saw a leaflet drop to over 800 houses offering to buy any gold and silver or old watches and medals.. When I was delivering mail at a residential park home two blokes were going door to door trying to buy gold. 

This is precisely what I saw happen back in 2012 before a rather large price reversal of 35% ish over the next two years. 

A lot has happened since 2012, past performance is not indicative of future performance ect - Just an observation. 

Edited by watchesandwhisky

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

What can we now assume the new bottom/floor is for gold now ??

Never to go below again 

£1500oz 

i think when bearish gold can and will drop more than £150 an oz.

however for the shortish term of gold hits £1500 im backing up the truck

4 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Might switch to stacking chocolate gold coins at this rate...😭

Need it to go down daammit! 🤣

I know how your feel, I'm gonna get strung buying the next gold bullion TB for my sets.    Luckily I loaded up on the TB Loin 1oz golds😁   The problem is that if you wait you will end up waiting forever.  If you have it and can afford it then keep on buying..........does It really matter if you paid £197 or £215 for a sovereign back in 2017?  

What is peoples thoughts on the gold to silver ratio? I am relatively new to stacking as I started in 2021. Some people swear by the gold to silver ratio and others say there is no correlation.

However with the current increase in Gold the ratio is 88. Which I believe is relatively high with the highest its every gone being 111 in 2020. Do you think gold will come down in price to lower this ratio or silver to go up in price? Or is the gold to silver ratio not a true comparison of the materials?    

Raoul Pal always has an uncanny knack of being able to explain the "complicated" into a clear engaging language we can all understand

If anyone wants some opinion on the current state of the financial markets 

4 minutes ago, JWHocking said:

What is peoples thoughts on the gold to silver ratio? I am relatively new to stacking as I started in 2021. Some people swear by the gold to silver ratio and others say there is no correlation.

However with the current increase in Gold the ratio is 88. Which I believe is relatively high with the highest its every gone being 111 in 2020. Do you think gold will come down in price to lower this ratio or silver to go up in price? Or is the gold to silver ratio not a true comparison of the materials?    

Correlation? Yes and no. If buying new silver there is the 20% VAT to take in to account, so it won't work out at 88/1 price wise

Edited by KevjustKev

2 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

CS and UBS Share prices don't seem to be moving any. I don't know what that means, if anything...🤔

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 08.24.40.png

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 08.25.06.png

That would be because the NYSE is not open yet. You are watching a chart that won't move until 2:30pm

713687076_Screenshot2023-03-20at10_50_33.png.9805ef3edb9cfeb779655546d5597497.png

78av.gif

24 minutes ago, KevjustKev said:

Correlation? Yes and no. If buying new silver there is the 20% VAT to take in to account, so it won't work out at 88/1 price wise

Yeah thats the only kicker with silver is the VAT. Would be good if they had made silver VAT exempt like they did gold back in 2000. Even though I would not even be alive back then so never experienced gold with VAT haha.